Cornell waiting room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Pearalegal

Silver

Re: Cornell waiting room

Post by Pearalegal » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:43 am

Lame.

march319

New

Post by march319 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:47 am

Wow I am actually shocked that people with some of these numbers were deferred. But then again, I'm sure after an LOCI most, if not all, of you will be accepted. Also surprised that some people withdrew.

So, is that it for the 11/20 and 11/24 batches of DR? Did they all end up being deferrals or is anyone out there still waiting? Also, were any of you deferred that received an unsolicited fee waiver? Just trying to make some sense out of this all.

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:48 am

march319 wrote:Wow I am actually shocked that people with some of these numbers were deferred. But then again, I'm sure after an LOCI most, if not all, of you will be accepted. Also surprised that some people withdrew.

So, is that it for the 11/20 and 11/24 batches of DR? Did they all end up being deferrals or is anyone out there still waiting? Also, were any of you deferred that received an unsolicited fee waiver? Just trying to make some sense out of this all.
No fee waiver for me. I thought they would appreciate the fact that I was willing to drop a hundred bucks on 'em.

tamlyric

Silver

Post by tamlyric » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:50 am

Helmholtz wrote:
march319 wrote:Wow I am actually shocked that people with some of these numbers were deferred. But then again, I'm sure after an LOCI most, if not all, of you will be accepted. Also surprised that some people withdrew.

No fee waiver for me. I thought they would appreciate the fact that I was willing to drop a hundred bucks on 'em.
That is definitely credited, Helm.

door10

New

Post by door10 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:03 pm

Pearalegal wrote:Lame.
I think the deferred applicants are the ones they really want but to protect their stats along with YP they are waiting to see who ya' all ED to and will have to commit to, hence not Cornell. When they find you have indeed NOT ED or did not get into your ED school they will then grab you. just my .02

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:07 pm

Im 11/24 still waiting. I expect something in the mail today, I refuse to call.

summerschooled

Bronze

Post by summerschooled » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:08 pm

I'm still looking at Early Action Complete. I'm not holding my breath for an acceptance (too many people with similar numbers to mine have been deferred), but I wish they'd just let me know already. Ugh, now I kind of wish I hadn't done EA.

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:10 pm

Helmholtz wrote:

Well at least they reimbursed you for your LSAC report fee!

kareenak888

New

Post by kareenak888 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:12 pm

def.

URM:
GPA: 3.51
LSATS: 160

aa.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:14 pm

door10 wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:Lame.
I think the deferred applicants are the ones they really want but to protect their stats along with YP they are waiting to see who ya' all ED to and will have to commit to, hence not Cornell. When they find you have indeed NOT ED or did not get into your ED school they will then grab you. just my .02
i don't think those people who are deferred are necessarily those they really want. it seems you are suggesting that being deferred as opposed to rejected is a positive indicator concerning an application. i see it as more of a neutral/maybe even negative indicator...cornell seems to reject relatively few people straightaway. according to lsn most people are deferred/placed on reserve and those people for the most part either withdrew or seemed to be rejected down the road.

bowie8285

Bronze

Post by bowie8285 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:15 pm

it doesn't seem like we can rely on last cycle's trends as far as cornell goes....so far it hasn't followed suit

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:16 pm

I think it's pretty clear at this point that all the 11/20 and 11/24 decision people are deferrals.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:16 pm

Thanks for calling you guys, sorry for the disappointing results. I'll expect my deferral in the letter some time today. If I wanted to be considered in March I would have applied in February....

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:16 pm

crackberry wrote:

I think it's pretty clear at this point that all the 11/20 and 11/24 decision people are deferrals.
+1

I would be shocked if any of the 11/20 or 11/24 people get an acceptance.

forza

Gold

Post by forza » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:17 pm

Still waiting to see, here. The mail doesn't usually arrive until about 3 PM at my building.

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:18 pm

kareenak888 wrote:def.

URM:

aa.
does aa stand for african-american? i'm baffled by this. you have a decent shot at higher ranked schools like penn and duke so your cycle may still go well.

march319

New

Post by march319 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:19 pm

URM:

aa.
This REALLY REALLY surprises me. Especially based on the cycles of URMs for the past two-years. I would you would be exactly what Cornell is looking. Now I'm worried because I have similar stats but a lower GPA. Kareenak888, did you receive a fee waiver? Did you write "Why Cornell"?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kareenak888

New

Post by kareenak888 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:20 pm

najumobi wrote:

URM:

aa.
does aa stand for african-american? i'm baffled by this. you have a decent shot at higher ranked schools like penn and duke so your cycle may still go well.
you think they are just trying to gague my interest?

kareenak888

New

Post by kareenak888 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:21 pm

march319 wrote:

URM:

aa.
This REALLY REALLY surprises me. Especially based on the cycles of URMs for the past two-years. I would you would be exactly what Cornell is looking. Now I'm worried because I have similar stats but a lower GPA. Kareenak888, did you receive a fee waiver? Did you write "Why Cornell"?
yes. I did write about why cornell. I did recieve a fee waiver. Also, I got a letter this morning it was really sad.

march319

New

Post by march319 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:26 pm

kareenak888 wrote:
yes. I did write about why cornell. I did recieve a fee waiver. Also, I got a letter this morning it was really sad.

When did you go to Decision? 11/20? 11/24?

Sorry to hear about your deferral. I'm pretty sure you will get accepted though during the regular decision period.

kareenak888

New

Post by kareenak888 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:27 pm

march319 wrote:
kareenak888 wrote:

When did you go to Decision? 11/20? 11/24?

Sorry to hear about your deferral. I'm pretty sure you will get accepted though during the regular decision period.
11/20. I don't know what's wrong.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:28 pm

QUESTION EVERYONE:

do you think it's possible they send out deferrals before acceptances? I know that apps are reviewed in the order received, but it is possible they make an effort to group them, i.e. DR 11/20 and 11/24= Deferred, later decisions= accepted?

Just wondering, since it's shocking NOBODY so far got in- seems waaaay to much of a coincidence

summerschooled

Bronze

Post by summerschooled » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:29 pm

SanBun wrote:QUESTION EVERYONE:

do you think it's possible they send out deferrals before acceptances? I know that apps are reviewed in the order received, but it is possible they make an effort to group them, i.e. DR 11/20 and 11/24= Deferred, later decisions= accepted?

Just wondering, since it's shocking NOBODY so far got in- seems waaaay to much of a coincidence
So it would seem.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:29 pm

ummm, ya.

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:32 pm

Veritas wrote:

ummm, ya.
haha sorry if this was way obvious, but I didn't see this explicitly stated anywhere and didn't know if that was even possible with the volume of apps at different times

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”