Cornell waiting room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NayBoer

Silver

Re: Cornell waiting room

Post by NayBoer » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:37 pm

mayosmith wrote:
NayBoer wrote:In either case, I'm lapsing into resigned fatalism as a defense mechanism. Which somehow doesn't prevent me from checking status 3-4 times a day.
I'm right there with you, guy. But doesn't it change only once a day—at midnight?
That seems to be the consensus, yes. But I don't want to miss a change if they alter their practice.

hv1

Bronze

Post by hv1 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:15 pm

gymboree wrote:Broke down and called. Spoke with the admissions office and they said they're going to get all EA decisions out on or before 12/24. Hang in there everyone.
if the status says DR -- and if the office is closed and the mail is shipped to a school address -- then this could mean more waiting.

The Ghost Writer

New

Post by The Ghost Writer » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:35 pm

Just to let you guys know my status checker still says EAC 11/13

apparentlymargarita

New

Post by apparentlymargarita » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:46 pm

I'm in! Got the email around 3pm today! (EAC 10/26, 167/4.0)

The Ghost Writer

New

Post by The Ghost Writer » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:57 pm

ksumi wrote:I'm in! Got the email around 3pm today! (EAC 10/26, 167/4.0)
Congrats man me 2!!! Im so happy. Gl to those of you still waiting!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:43 pm

Congrats, ksumi and GhostWriter!!! :) That's awesome and exciting!

apparentlymargarita

New

Post by apparentlymargarita » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:56 pm

Burger in a can wrote:Congrats, ksumi and GhostWriter!!! :) That's awesome and exciting!
Thanks! And good luck to you and everyone else who's still waiting!

The Ghost Writer

New

Post by The Ghost Writer » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:57 pm

Burger in a can wrote:Congrats, ksumi and GhostWriter!!! :) That's awesome and exciting!

Thank you so much! Im sure you will be posting here soon!

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:58 pm

ksumi wrote:
Thanks! And good luck to you and everyone else who's still waiting!
Thanks! And what the hell are you doing online right now??? It's Friday and you just got in to CORNELL!!! Go celebrate! :)

(you too, Ghost!)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:02 pm

I was deferred yesterday and thinking of visiting some day in the next few weeks - perhaps hand delivering my LOCI. I'm in NYC, so it's a long drive but do-able. Would this be a totally bad idea? I know it's a busy time for the adcom, so I'm hesitant to ask for a meeting. I don't want to piss them off. Would a visit w/o a meeting even be worth the drive?

Anyone have any thoughts?

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:09 pm

danidancer wrote:I was deferred yesterday and thinking of visiting some day in the next few weeks - perhaps hand delivering my LOCI. I'm in NYC, so it's a long drive but do-able. Would this be a totally bad idea? I know it's a busy time for the adcom, so I'm hesitant to ask for a meeting. I don't want to piss them off. Would a visit w/o a meeting even be worth the drive?

I actually think it is a good idea. Visit the school. Ask if you can see an admissions counselor about how to improve your application. I would definitely call ahead though, to make sure everyone is not gone on break on the day you head there. When you call ahead even if they say that they can't fit you in for a meeting, tell them you still want to visit the school.

I think this plan will definitely show them interest.

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:39 am

Been a while. Some more Cornell Motivational Items.

Walking tour from a previous 1L and his SO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV0nsfMmMJQ

Humor video made by previous students
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGg7TofI ... re=related

Cornell @ Sunset
--LinkRemoved--

Clair1331

New

Post by Clair1331 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:38 pm

DR 12/16 from EAC 11/13, via status checker. Good luck everyone!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:56 pm

CyLaw wrote:
danidancer wrote:I was deferred yesterday and thinking of visiting some day in the next few weeks - perhaps hand delivering my LOCI. I'm in NYC, so it's a long drive but do-able. Would this be a totally bad idea? I know it's a busy time for the adcom, so I'm hesitant to ask for a meeting. I don't want to piss them off. Would a visit w/o a meeting even be worth the drive?

I actually think it is a good idea. Visit the school. Ask if you can see an admissions counselor about how to improve your application. I would definitely call ahead though, to make sure everyone is not gone on break on the day you head there. When you call ahead even if they say that they can't fit you in for a meeting, tell them you still want to visit the school.

I think this plan will definitely show them interest.
I specifically asked if there was any value in me coming to the campus and they said "There really isn't. We do not offer interviews." This was confirmed by someone I know who was on the admin committee a few years ago. I suppose you could try to just talk your way into seeing someone, but I got the sense that they knew students would try to get around the "Only interviews by our request" policy. It isn't such a long way so maybe worth the effort. My conversations were relevant to my case, which is a much longer trip.

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:09 pm

Yet another weekend is here, and I'm still EAC 11/11. Come on, Cornell! You know I love surprises!

wackjickham

Bronze

Post by wackjickham » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:30 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:Yet another weekend is here, and I'm still EAC 11/11. Come on, Cornell! You know I love surprises!
+1 and +1 to your date. EAC 11/12. Please dont let me down right before Christmas Cornell. It's all snowy here and its making me dream of Ithaca.

jasonportwood

New

Post by jasonportwood » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:03 pm

In yesterday by mailed acceptance packet - EAC 11/6 and DR 12/14 updated on 12/17. I exercised restraint and did not call... karma rewarded me with Dean's Scholarship consideration, pending receipt of supplemental essay.

Has anyone else noticed the essay topic - it's something along the lines of offering advice to an entering college student on how to select a major.

Huh? I did not know I was applying to become an Undergraduate Adviser... I think it might pass UPenn's art/lit essay for most creative approach required...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mosca

Bronze

Post by Mosca » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:10 pm

jasonportwood wrote:In yesterday by mailed acceptance packet - EAC 11/6 and DR 12/14 updated on 12/17. I exercised restraint and did not call... karma rewarded me with Dean's Scholarship consideration, pending receipt of supplemental essay.

Has anyone else noticed the essay topic - it's something along the lines of offering advice to an entering college student on how to select a major.

Huh? I did not know I was applying to become an Undergraduate Adviser... I think it might pass UPenn's art/lit essay for most creative approach required...
Congratulations!
Last edited by Mosca on Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

KMaine

Silver

Post by KMaine » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:03 pm

Congrats to all who are in. Just finished my first semester here and really like it. This time last year when I received my letter, I was barely considering Cornell. Come an visit and see if it is for you. All of the rest of you hang in there. Most of my friends did not get in until the spring. Many were EA deferred.

Nuclear Soldier

New

Post by Nuclear Soldier » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:37 pm

Good luck every one who is waiting on the next batch of answers. K Maine, how is the first year like in terms of work load, food, dorms, atmosphere, professors?

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:10 pm

Are they still sending out emails? I have DR as of today, but no email. Rejection?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

wackjickham

Bronze

Post by wackjickham » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:13 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Are they still sending out emails? I have DR as of today, but no email. Rejection?
Some acceptances have been via snail mail, some via email. That makes complete sense, I know.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:19 pm

wackjickham wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Are they still sending out emails? I have DR as of today, but no email. Rejection?
Some acceptances have been via snail mail, some via email. That makes complete sense, I know.
It says DR 12/16 (it didn't say this yesterday), so if they sent it snail mail I should get it Monday.

amandap

Bronze

Post by amandap » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:41 pm

I got decision rendered on 12/11. My status checker didn't change to DR until 12/14. I called and they told me I was in. I got the package on 12/16 and they sent me an e-mail on the 17th.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:43 pm

amandap wrote:I got decision rendered on 12/11. My status checker didn't change to DR until 12/14. I called and they told me I was in. I got the package on 12/16 and they sent me an e-mail on the 17th.
Ha that is random. Thanks for your help, and congratulations on the acceptance. I doubt I'll be so lucky.

I'd call but I doubt they have anyone answering the phones on the weekend.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”