Cornell waiting room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Thomas Jefferson

Bronze

Re: Cornell waiting room

Post by Thomas Jefferson » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:45 pm

Rayjay wrote:Although Cornell is a great law school, I visited a couple of weeks ago and the weather sucks. I am not sure if I am prepared to spend 200k to live in an igloo for 3 years.....thoughts?
Currently, it's 81 and sunny in Ithaca. In fact, I'm typing this outside on my porch in collegetown. Ithaca is beautiful. The winter kinda sucks, but just buy a good coat and pair of boots.

Disclosure: I'm just a biased Cornell undergrad. Take everything I say with a lot of salt.

kommatas

New

Post by kommatas » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:57 pm

I'm from south florida and would trade my weather and pay to go to Cornell.

Edit: Also, should I call on Monday to receive my decision or just wait for the mail?

mbw

Bronze

Post by mbw » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:12 am

Rayjay wrote:Although Cornell is a great law school, I visited a couple of weeks ago and the weather sucks. I am not sure if I am prepared to spend 200k to live in an igloo for 3 years.....thoughts?
I don't know when you visited, but Ithaca had 1/4th of the snow of most coastal cities from Virginia north this year, so I hope that you're not discounting Cornell for the likes of Penn based purely on weather. Seriously, locals talk about how winters have changed that past few years, and if they're anything like the past four months (less than 10 inches of snow when the average is 70,) I'm not complaining. My kids, who love snow, are complaining, but I think snowaphobes will be fine with the current trend in global warming...

Tweek

New

Post by Tweek » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:13 am

mbw wrote:
I don't know when you visited, but Ithaca had 1/4th of the snow of most coastal cities from Virginia north this year, so I hope that you're not discounting Cornell for the likes of Penn based purely on weather. Seriously, locals talk about how winters have changed that past few years, and if they're anything like the past four months (less than 10 inches of snow when the average is 70,) I'm not complaining. My kids, who love snow, are complaining, but I think snowaphobes will be fine with the current trend in global warming...
The snow isn't the problem, it's the cloudy gloomy gray weather that never ends, and walking uphill all the time.

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:01 pm

mbw wrote:
while this is true, the snow in Virginia this year is a once in a 100 year occurrence.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:35 pm

Anything? This is my final holdout.

kommatas

New

Post by kommatas » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:33 pm

Rejection letter today.... dang.

gfg12

New

Post by gfg12 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:36 pm

I'm pretty sure mines in the mail. DR 4/2 with no links. Really not that happy, but congrats to everyone who got good news!

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:52 pm

Still "Complete" here. Guess that's good if today is some kind of rejection day or something. This is my final hope for a t-14.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:58 pm

I still haven't even gone "complete" yet. :shock:

afghan007

Bronze

Post by afghan007 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:03 pm

GermX wrote:Still "Complete" here. Guess that's good if today is some kind of rejection day or something. This is my final hope for a t-14.
keep hope alive! i'm in the same boat

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:41 pm

Nightrunner wrote:At least we get to find out the price of tuition before we get a decision.
Have they done that yet?

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:46 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
Nightrunner wrote:At least we get to find out the price of tuition before we get a decision.
Have they done that yet?
Over 51K tuition. Obscene.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:50 pm

dakatz wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
Have they done that yet?
Over 51K tuition. Obscene.
Oh yes, thats right (I try to forget). I am angry at them because they told me today they would email me my finaid award letter, and I have been waiting 2.5 hours. If I don't get it today there might be a free space for someone in this thread tomorrow.

beesknees

Bronze

Post by beesknees » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:30 pm

Last edited by beesknees on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:33 pm

beesknees wrote:Seriously. Me too. I called Wednesday and the girl said definitely it would be ready on Friday and to call. Called back on Friday and they said DEFINITELY Monday. Well, guys, its Monday, 7:30 EST, 3 and a half hours after the admissions office closed and nothing in my inbox or spam folder. I'm a little over the dragging the feet with $ decisions. I was admitted in December.
Yup. I am thinking they told me it was done and would email it just to stop me from calling again. The joke is on them though, because I will be calling again at 8:15am tomorrow if it isn't there. I am tempted to ask for an extension on the deposit deadline. 8 days to make a decision is a hard-ball tactic.

keemos

Bronze

Post by keemos » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:41 am

got a decision status update today but no email. No surprise Was complete on 3/2 or something like that

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:43 am

keemos wrote:got a decision status update today but no email. No surprise Was complete on 3/2 or something like that

That was quick! I am a 3-12 so my time should be coming soon.

BTW you can call admissions and they'll give you your decision via phone because theyre so backed up this year.

keemos

Bronze

Post by keemos » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:45 am

chicoalto0649 wrote:
keemos wrote:got a decision status update today but no email. No surprise Was complete on 3/2 or something like that

BTW you can call admissions and they'll give you your decision via phone because theyre so backed up this year.

I'm 99% sure it is a rejection so no need to hear someone say it haha

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:47 am

keemos wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:

I'm 99% sure it is a rejection so no need to hear someone say it haha
Same here. I'm still calling. If its a reject, I'll never see the nice old lady at admissions or hear from her again....and if I get in I can high five her via phone.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:55 am

For those of you wondering what is taking Cornell so long, perhaps it is the fact that their Admissions office is in the habit of arriving late (up to an hour) and leaving by 4:30.

/vent

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jrobby6

Bronze

Post by jrobby6 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:56 am

3/1 here still waiting..no news(for now) is good news I hope.

sjsteece

Bronze

Post by sjsteece » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:04 am

Jericwithers wrote:For those of you wondering what is taking Cornell so long, perhaps it is the fact that their Admissions office is in the habit of arriving late (up to an hour) and leaving by 4:30.

/vent

I'm pretty sure they get there on time. Maybe they just have to mentally prepare themselves for the onslaught of your calls. :wink:

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:06 am

sjsteece wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:For those of you wondering what is taking Cornell so long, perhaps it is the fact that their Admissions office is in the habit of arriving late (up to an hour) and leaving by 4:30.

/vent

I'm pretty sure they get there on time. Maybe they just have to mentally prepare themselves for the onslaught of your calls. :wink:
That would explain why they answered the phone at 8:15 yesterday but not till no earlier than 9 today. Maybe also explains why they told me they leave at 4:30 when their message system says 5.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:06 am

Maybe they're taking so long bc jerks like you are constanty calling!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”