michigan 2010 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Core » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:08 pm

crackberry wrote:
Core wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Tangerine Gleam wrote:To those who were admitted -- did you do optional essays? I think I did two (DS and Why M).

I wrote a Why Mich but nothing else.

Did you write a diversity statement of any sort, even one incorporated into your PS?

No. I am a plain-Jane white kid. I don't add much diversity. All I submitted to Michigan was my PS and a Why Mich. The PS was the same one I submitted to every school.

My mistake. Thought you were URM for some reason.

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby calicocat » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:09 pm

Got a big fat UMich envelope the other day but it turned out to be the fee waiver...which I already had...and applied two weeks ago...brutal

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby crackberry » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:10 pm

Core wrote:My mistake. Thought you were URM for some reason.

Haha nope. Would be nice given my JR2 status though...

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Vincent Vega » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:40 pm

Oli wrote:Got a big fat UMich envelope the other day but it turned out to be the fee waiver...which I already had...and applied two weeks ago...brutal


Heart attack?

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby calicocat » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:44 pm

Halibut6 wrote:
Oli wrote:Got a big fat UMich envelope the other day but it turned out to be the fee waiver...which I already had...and applied two weeks ago...brutal


Heart attack?


Followed by deep depression

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Vincent Vega » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:47 pm

Oli wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:
Oli wrote:Got a big fat UMich envelope the other day but it turned out to be the fee waiver...which I already had...and applied two weeks ago...brutal


Heart attack?


Followed by deep depression


titcr

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby MC Southstar » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:40 pm

Does Michigan's status checker always update the date, or is mine just getting bumped almost everyday? :shock:

Anyone know if this is a good or bad sign?

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:40 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:Does Michigan's status checker always update the date, or is mine just getting bumped almost everyday? :shock:

Anyone know if this is a good or bad sign?

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby MC Southstar » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:42 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:Does Michigan's status checker always update the date, or is mine just getting bumped almost everyday? :shock:

Anyone know if this is a good or bad sign?


Danke, fraulein.

lz06
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby lz06 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:04 pm

Hmmm anyone new able to log onto the admitted students site? It's been quiet

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby gahthelaw » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:11 pm

lz06 wrote:Hmmm anyone new able to log onto the admitted students site? It's been quiet


nada. i wonder if they've moved on to making sure they've got all the ED ducks in a row before rolling those decisions out.

User avatar
CoutureChiq
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:04 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby CoutureChiq » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:20 pm

Applied first week of Nov, still no status checker. Anyone else in the same boat?

User avatar
Burberry by Burberry
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:43 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:22 pm

CoutureChiq wrote:Applied first week of Nov, still no status checker. Anyone else in the same boat?

I am. :x

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby MC Southstar » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:24 pm

They take 3 weeks to send out the status checker, or at least they did for me and that's what they wrote in their app received e-mail.

mugwump
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:19 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby mugwump » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Received the "application received" email on 11/5; still awaiting status checker...looks like several of us are in the same boat.

jackster2
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:22 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby jackster2 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:03 pm

Same. Complete 11/5. Nothing

User avatar
Legacy316
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 5:57 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Legacy316 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:39 pm

Received the housing packet today.

User avatar
stuffnuff
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:29 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby stuffnuff » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:44 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:They take 3 weeks to send out the status checker, or at least they did for me and that's what they wrote in their app received e-mail.


+1

User avatar
Tangerine Gleam
Posts: 1349
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:52 pm

I think the status checker took 23 or 24 days for me. Patience, everybody.

User avatar
Burberry by Burberry
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:43 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:09 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:I think the status checker took 23 or 24 days for me. Patience, everybody.

Thanksgiving break messed it up for us, though. It has been more than three weeks since my application was received.

User avatar
Legacy316
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 5:57 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Legacy316 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:48 pm

Did anyone know Ari Gold went to Mich Law? :D

User avatar
roxj
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:09 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby roxj » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:51 pm

Legacy316 wrote:Did anyone know Ari Gold went to Mich Law? :D


That makes me love Michigan even more!

User avatar
stuffnuff
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:29 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby stuffnuff » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:56 pm

Legacy316 wrote:Did anyone know Ari Gold went to Mich Law? :D


That's why I EDed. Only wish I touched on it in my "Why Mich".

User avatar
roxj
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:09 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby roxj » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:14 pm

Do you know what episode they refer to that in?

jcgolf88
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:08 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby jcgolf88 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:47 pm

"The Review"--second episode of season 1




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brinicolec, christinaxcarrie, Houzy, reydingo, Smc1994, tinafeyclone and 16 guests