michigan 2010 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MeasuredOptimism
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:39 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby MeasuredOptimism » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:20 pm

Got my acceptance packet today! I've been so busy this week, I hadn't even been checking my status checker.

Above 75% for GPA & LSAT, but not YP (if Mich even does...) range. Wrote a Why Mich.

Received 10/22
Complete 11/5

So excited!

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby 02082010 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:21 pm

A Michigan acceptance for me would be in the same league as an HLS acceptance for those who don't have TTT GPAs. Dean Z, please admit me.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby tintin » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:45 pm

ok so I'm getting worried about michigan. my gpa is above 75% and my lsat is their median. I wrote a why michigan, and i have family ties to michigan, including relatives that have gone to law school there. should i be worried at this point?

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby oneforship » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:51 pm

tintin wrote:ok so I'm getting worried about michigan. my gpa is above 75% and my lsat is their median. I wrote a why michigan, and i have family ties to michigan, including relatives that have gone to law school there. should i be worried at this point?


no.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:52 pm

oneforship wrote:
tintin wrote:ok so I'm getting worried about michigan. my gpa is above 75% and my lsat is their median. I wrote a why michigan, and i have family ties to michigan, including relatives that have gone to law school there. should i be worried at this point?


no.

Yes.

User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby panadera » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:53 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
oneforship wrote:
tintin wrote:ok so I'm getting worried about michigan. my gpa is above 75% and my lsat is their median. I wrote a why michigan, and i have family ties to michigan, including relatives that have gone to law school there. should i be worried at this point?


no.

Yes.


I don't know.

(I figured we should have all the options out there.)

But seriously- you shouldn't be worried at all.

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby gahthelaw » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:57 pm

MeasuredOptimism wrote:Got my acceptance packet today! I've been so busy this week, I hadn't even been checking my status checker.

Above 75% for GPA & LSAT, but not YP (if Mich even does...) range. Wrote a Why Mich.

Received 10/22
Complete 11/5

So excited!


those are my same dates! argh! cmonnnnnn mich!

User avatar
toolshed
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby toolshed » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:02 pm

gahthelaw wrote:
MeasuredOptimism wrote:Got my acceptance packet today! I've been so busy this week, I hadn't even been checking my status checker.

Above 75% for GPA & LSAT, but not YP (if Mich even does...) range. Wrote a Why Mich.

Received 10/22
Complete 11/5

So excited!


those are my same dates! argh! cmonnnnnn mich!


Got you beat by a month...still nothing.

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby gahthelaw » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:06 pm

toolshed wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
MeasuredOptimism wrote:Got my acceptance packet today! I've been so busy this week, I hadn't even been checking my status checker.

Above 75% for GPA & LSAT, but not YP (if Mich even does...) range. Wrote a Why Mich.

Received 10/22
Complete 11/5

So excited!


those are my same dates! argh! cmonnnnnn mich!


Got you beat by a month...still nothing.


i got it: our PSes are so well written, moving, subtly witty, and fantastic that they actually have not accepted us yet so that they have the opportunity to read them over and over while still feeling like they're doing their jobs.
Last edited by gahthelaw on Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
toolshed
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby toolshed » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:09 pm

gahthelaw wrote:
toolshed wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
MeasuredOptimism wrote:Got my acceptance packet today! I've been so busy this week, I hadn't even been checking my status checker.

Above 75% for GPA & LSAT, but not YP (if Mich even does...) range. Wrote a Why Mich.

Received 10/22
Complete 11/5

So excited!


those are my same dates! argh! cmonnnnnn mich!


Got you beat by a month...still nothing.


i got it: our PSes are so well written, moving, subtly witty, and fantastic that they actually have not accepted us yes so that they have the opportunity to read them over and over while still feeling like they're doing their jobs.


That must be it. They are seeking publishing deals based on our statements so that we matriculate as published authors.

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby gahthelaw » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:12 pm

toolshed wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
toolshed wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
those are my same dates! argh! cmonnnnnn mich!


Got you beat by a month...still nothing.


i got it: our PSes are so well written, moving, subtly witty, and fantastic that they actually have not accepted us yes so that they have the opportunity to read them over and over while still feeling like they're doing their jobs.


That must be it. They are seeking publishing deals based on our statements so that we matriculate as published authors.


oh mich, you're always looking out for us. i will even arrange for my hefty book advance to be sent directly to you. lets make this happen, baby.

User avatar
toolshed
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby toolshed » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:18 pm

gahthelaw wrote:
toolshed wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
those are my same dates! argh! cmonnnnnn mich!




i got it: our PSes are so well written, moving, subtly witty, and fantastic that they actually have not accepted us yes so that they have the opportunity to read them over and over while still feeling like they're doing their jobs.


That must be it. They are seeking publishing deals based on our statements so that we matriculate as published authors.


oh mich, you're always looking out for us. i will even arrange for my hefty book advance to be sent directly to you. lets make this happen, baby.


Lol.

User avatar
Reinhardt
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 2:27 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Reinhardt » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:05 am

Just got a very large packet from them. Certainly made my day.

Sent: Oct 10ish
Complete: Oct 20ish

Midrange GPA, above 75th LSAT.

User avatar
gotmilk?
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:25 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby gotmilk? » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:10 am

they seem to almost exclusively be accepting people with very high lsats, 170-1 or above. as someone with a 169 and high GPA, this is frustrating.

sfdreaming09
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby sfdreaming09 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:18 am

I submitted 9/25, above average softs, above both 75ths, wrote a Why Mich...and havent heard a thing.

I dont get it :/

goreman
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby goreman » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:24 am

they seem to almost exclusively be accepting people with very high lsats, 170-1 or above. as someone with a 169 and high GPA, this is frustrating.


Not necessarily. I got in on the first batch of acceptances with 167 and 3.79 LSDAS GPA.

User avatar
gotmilk?
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:25 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby gotmilk? » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:46 am

goreman wrote:
they seem to almost exclusively be accepting people with very high lsats, 170-1 or above. as someone with a 169 and high GPA, this is frustrating.


Not necessarily. I got in on the first batch of acceptances with 167 and 3.79 LSDAS GPA.


i know there are a couple exceptions, that's why i said "almost exclusively" instead of just "exclusively."

major congrats btw! michigan is one of my top choices, so i'm very jealous. i assume you weren't ED?

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Vincent Vega » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:54 am

No ED's have gotten in yet, to my knowledge.

goreman
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby goreman » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:02 am

goreman wrote:
Quote:
they seem to almost exclusively be accepting people with very high lsats, 170-1 or above. as someone with a 169 and high GPA, this is frustrating.


Not necessarily. I got in on the first batch of acceptances with 167 and 3.79 LSDAS GPA.


i know there are a couple exceptions, that's why i said "almost exclusively" instead of just "exclusively."

major congrats btw! michigan is one of my top choices, so i'm very jealous. i assume you weren't ED?


Good point - just wanted to ensure people with more border-line numbers don't lose hope. I was RD. Did not submit a Why Mich essay or any of the other supplemental essays.

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Vincent Vega » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:04 am

goreman wrote: Did not submit a Why Mich essay or any of the other supplemental essays.


There had to have been something to make you stand out from the crowd, though. Any ideas?

irishman86
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:03 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby irishman86 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:17 am

still waiting :(

squelp
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:02 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby squelp » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:50 am

gahthelaw wrote:
toolshed wrote:
i got it: our PSes are so well written, moving, subtly witty, and fantastic that they actually have not accepted us yes so that they have the opportunity to read them over and over while still feeling like they're doing their jobs.


That must be it. They are seeking publishing deals based on our statements so that we matriculate as published authors.


oh mich, you're always looking out for us. i will even arrange for my hefty book advance to be sent directly to you. lets make this happen, baby.


I've convinced myself they're holding out until Tuesday to give me the best birthday present ever.

User avatar
SilverE2
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby SilverE2 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:51 am

Halibut6 wrote:
goreman wrote: Did not submit a Why Mich essay or any of the other supplemental essays.


There had to have been something to make you stand out from the crowd, though. Any ideas?


I don't intend to speak for him, but, looking at his profile he has some pretty awesome softs. Ex-military, 3.8 AT WEST POINT (the curve is absolutely ridiculous at military academies), and I'm sure other great softs that he doesn't go into. I'll wager Michigan isn't the only T14 he'll get into.

goreman
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby goreman » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:24 am

Yeah, I would say my numbers were not auto-admit but good enough to get a fair look. I think my softs like SilverE2 mentioned are probably my biggest selling points in terms of setting me apart. I'm willing to PM more specifics if you want them.

Good luck to everybody out there.

User avatar
wackjickham
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby wackjickham » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:47 am

gotmilk? wrote:they seem to almost exclusively be accepting people with very high lsats, 170-1 or above. as someone with a 169 and high GPA, this is frustrating.


As someone with a low GPA, I can't help but notice they're only accepting high GPAs. A few people with 3.6 or below and the rest are much higher.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beluckycrimson, Bing [Bot], Christinabruin, Google Adsense [Bot], YasTheSpaz and 7 guests