michigan 2010 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gossipgirl

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby gossipgirl » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:47 pm

whimsy wrote:In via admitted students site!!! Complete shock because I only got my status checker yesterday.

RD, 3.45/171, app received 11/3. Wrote why Mich.

Did your date on your status checker update to 11/20/09?

wackjickham

Postby wackjickham » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:48 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
tintin wrote:i guess i am probably looking at rejection / waitlist, since people who applied later than me seem to be getting decisions. f*ck, i reaaaaaaaaallly wanted michigan so badly..... :cry:

+1

The number of dots on the Michigan LSN graph is underwhelming. Don't give up hope yet... Have you checked what month it is?

Just because we're not auto-admits, doesn't mean we're not admits. I still have hope for Michigan.

:: Glares at Duke ::

5ky

Postby 5ky » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:48 pm

Last edited by 5ky on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wackjickham

Postby wackjickham » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:48 pm

Also, in hindsight, it really would have been worth the few hours it would have taken me to write Why Duke/Why Michigan/Why Penn.

irishman8062

Postby irishman8062 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:55 pm

5ky wrote:Congrats! When you guys check your status checker, what does it say? Does it still say Complete, or did it move to Decision?

Mine still says "Complete" but updated to today's date... I got my status checker on 10/26 though, so it was a decent wait. Hopefully this begins a wave of admissions today... good luck everyone!

Burberry by Burberry

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:58 pm

Am I correct with my assumption that Michigan will not give me my status checker information over the phone and that I will have to wait until they send me an email? 'Cause, if not, I'll call 'em.

Amelie

Postby Amelie » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:58 pm

whimsy wrote:In via admitted students site!!! Complete shock because I only got my status checker yesterday.

RD, 3.45/171, app received 11/3. Wrote why Mich.

This makes me nervous...

EDIT: but congrats on the acceptance!
Last edited by Amelie on Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whimsy

Postby whimsy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:59 pm

irishman8062 wrote:
5ky wrote:Congrats! When you guys check your status checker, what does it say? Does it still say Complete, or did it move to Decision?

Mine still says "Complete" but updated to today's date... I got my status checker on 10/26 though, so it was a decent wait. Hopefully this begins a wave of admissions today... good luck everyone!

+1

toolshed

Postby toolshed » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:01 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
tintin wrote:i guess i am probably looking at rejection / waitlist, since people who applied later than me seem to be getting decisions. f*ck, i reaaaaaaaaallly wanted michigan so badly..... :cry:

+1

+2. Michigan, you are beginning to hurt my feelings...

gossipgirl

Postby gossipgirl » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:02 pm

Does anyone know if they post a bunch of decisions to the Admitted Students Website at once or is it periodically throughout the day?

I hope it's the first so I don't go psycho checking all day.

Emma.

Postby Emma. » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:03 pm

Congrats!

I tried to log in to the admitted students website this morning then told myself it was stupid that I have only had the status checker since yesterday... Good to know that things actually can happen that fast. well, maybe not good. One more thing for me to obsess over & check frantically. :oops:

toolshed

Postby toolshed » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:04 pm

gossipgirl wrote:Does anyone know if they post a bunch of decisions to the Admitted Students Website at once or is it periodically throughout the day?

You are in the wrong thread. Get out while you still can.

gossipgirl

Postby gossipgirl » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:05 pm

toolshed wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:Does anyone know if they post a bunch of decisions to the Admitted Students Website at once or is it periodically throughout the day?

haha, does this mean they do it periodically throughout the day?

I've already checked it like 5 times today. One time it took longer to load so I was like "OMG OMG OMG" and then the same message listing the error came up again... :(

toolshed

Postby toolshed » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:07 pm

gossipgirl wrote:
toolshed wrote:

I've already checked it like 5 times today. One time it took longer to load so I was like "OMG OMG OMG" and then the same message listing the error came up again... :(

I don't think we have established how often they do it. It has seemed periodic, but hard to tell given that people check at different times. Welcome to the insanity...

summerschooled

Postby summerschooled » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:09 pm

gossipgirl wrote:
toolshed wrote:

Don't worry, 5 times in one day is still at a non-psycho amateur level. You shouldn't really start to worry until you reach 5 times in 1 minute :oops:

GlobeTrotter

Postby GlobeTrotter » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:26 pm

Just logged into the admitted students site....says the mailing went out yesterday...status checker changed to today's date, status still only says complete

complete in late october
no Why Mich
Last edited by GlobeTrotter on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hopefulincal

Postby hopefulincal » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:28 pm

This is really making me sad. My status checker changed to today's date, but I cannot login to the admitted students site. Does this mean I'm out?

Really regretting not writing a why Michigan essay...

holborn

Postby holborn » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:30 pm

question to those who wrote the Why Michigan essay:

Did you focus on why you wanted Michigan, why michigan should want you, or give equal weight to both? I'm having trouble finding the right balance. Especially because I have so many things to say about why I love Michigan.

gossipgirl

Postby gossipgirl » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:31 pm

hopefulincal wrote:This is really making me sad. My status checker changed to today's date, but I cannot login to the admitted students site. Does this mean I'm out?

+1

Mine changed to today too but I can't get in.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:32 pm

gossipgirl wrote:
hopefulincal wrote:This is really making me sad. My status checker changed to today's date, but I cannot login to the admitted students site. Does this mean I'm out?

+1

It changes almost everyday. The more neurotic among us have seen it change a good 20 times or so, and still can't log into the admitted students' site.

gossipgirl

Postby gossipgirl » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:34 pm

Kretzy wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:

+1

It changes almost everyday. The more neurotic among us have seen it change a good 20 times or so, and still can't log into the admitted students' site.

Ohhhhh okay!! I just got my status checker yesterday after applying a month ago so I thought I may have gotten my decisions already.

This makes me feel better.

Lincoln

Postby Lincoln » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:34 pm

julesm2200 wrote:question to those who wrote the Why Michigan essay:

Did you focus on why you wanted Michigan, why michigan should want you, or give equal weight to both? I'm having trouble finding the right balance. Especially because I have so many things to say about why I love Michigan.

I wrote about why I want Michigan, but focused on what about Michigan makes is perfect for me. Match made in heaven and all that...

I think if you just gush about how awesome it is from an objective standpoint it just sounds like ass-kissing, and could be taken straight from their website. Better to make it personal.

Tea&Coffee

Postby Tea&Coffee » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:35 pm

No worries if your status checker date changes and you can't get into the site--the date updates every day (except for Sunday, I believe). Anyways, the date means nothing, so no worries!

holborn

Postby holborn » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:38 pm

Lincoln wrote:
julesm2200 wrote:question to those who wrote the Why Michigan essay:

I wrote about why I want Michigan, but focused on what about Michigan makes is perfect for me. Match made in heaven and all that...

I think if you just gush about how awesome it is from an objective standpoint it just sounds like ass-kissing, and could be taken straight from their website. Better to make it personal.

Thanks for the advice! I actually went to Umich undergrad and grew up in Ann Arbor so I have some stuff that hopefully wont just sound like its from the website. I'm just worried about working in why I fit at Michigan in a way that doesnt sound condescending or like im too into myself.

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:42 pm

what's the likelihood that michigan would YP someone who wrote a why michigan? not that i'm saying they'll YP me becuase i'm not above their 75th for GPA, but just in general...

(edit: im also not saying they'll let me in, no YP notwithstanding. pleeeeeeeeease mich?!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”