michigan 2010 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Emma. » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:27 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:
CoutureChiq wrote:
hoopsguy6 wrote:How long does it take to get the status checker? Submitted over two weeks ago, and still haven't gotten it yet.


+1


+2


+3

I guess the theory is that they don't want to send it out and have people frantically checking when they know they won't even get to start on our apps yet... Don't they know I just frantically check my email instead> :oops:

User avatar
Aeon
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Aeon » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:00 pm

Hey, guys, long-time lurker here who decided to jump on the bandwagon of general nervousness and register a user account. :)

Congrats to everyone who's been admitted so far, and best of luck to all waiting for a decision from Michigan! I fall into the latter group (for now), and the waiting game seems to be getting progressively more intense.

User avatar
bluedolphins
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:31 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby bluedolphins » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:07 am

crackberry wrote:
bluedolphins wrote:
crackberry wrote:
bluedolphins wrote:For those who have been admitted, check your email. I just got an email from Michigan. The second sentence is hilarious.

Hmm what? When were you admitted? My status checker says "Decision" and I can log into the Admitted Students site, which tells me my offer package was sent on 11/10, but I've yet to receive it (Northern California). I did not get an email from Michigan today.


I think my package was sent on 11/06. I am sure you will get the email soon, if not today :)

P.S. I haven't received my package yet either. I am having some problems with UPS.

Oooh does Michigan use UPS? If so, that could explain it. I have to jump through hoops to get UPS and FedEx delivered since my building has an entry code with no doorman so they can't get in to drop off the package.


Yes, Michigian does use UPS. UPS failed to deliver my package the first time(couldnt' find the address I gave...) and Michigan actually contacted me for a new address. I am really impressed with Michigan for how hard they are working to make sure I get my package.

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby im_blue » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:33 am

jackassjim wrote:A quote from Dean Zearfoss:

We never deny someone because we think, by virtue of their LSAT and GPA, that they will be unlikely to accept our offer of admission. Most people with high numbers will be offered admission – but it is also true that people with very strong numbers will often not be admitted.


In tend to believe her. YP concerns are way overblown. It's not because some people at the top-right of the LSN graph are rejected that we have evidence of YP. I know that for some schools, the pattern is quite systematic. I don't think that's true for Michigan in particular.


Michigan seems to always deny a couple of LSN applicants in every high-number range, so they aren't auto-admitting these candidates as readily as other schools. However, they also don't practice YP to the extent of some other schools (I'm looking at you, Penn).

User avatar
rondemarino
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:29 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby rondemarino » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:12 am

im_blue wrote:
jackassjim wrote:A quote from Dean Zearfoss:

We never deny someone because we think, by virtue of their LSAT and GPA, that they will be unlikely to accept our offer of admission. Most people with high numbers will be offered admission – but it is also true that people with very strong numbers will often not be admitted.


In tend to believe her. YP concerns are way overblown. It's not because some people at the top-right of the LSN graph are rejected that we have evidence of YP. I know that for some schools, the pattern is quite systematic. I don't think that's true for Michigan in particular.


Michigan seems to always deny a couple of LSN applicants in every high-number range, so they aren't auto-admitting these candidates as readily as other schools. However, they also don't practice YP to the extent of some other schools (I'm looking at you, Penn and UVA).


fixed.

User avatar
ontologyfail
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:53 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby ontologyfail » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:40 am

Is there anyone overseas who has received mail from Michigan? Even though my Michigan app has yet to go complete, I'm still worried about how long it's going to take mail to show up in my French P.O. box. The mailroom stinks, so I don't want to waste time loitering there in vain hope :(

User avatar
parker09
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:15 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby parker09 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:54 am

ontologyfail wrote:Is there anyone overseas who has received mail from Michigan? Even though my Michigan app has yet to go complete, I'm still worried about how long it's going to take mail to show up in my French P.O. box. The mailroom stinks, so I don't want to waste time loitering there in vain hope :(


I'm currently abroad too, and received my admit package today (was sent 11/12, with "decision" on status checker on 11/14). I think they send it by couriered mail (UPS?). Since I'd also listed my address as a PO Box on my app, someone (from the post office, I think) did have to call me yesterday to get a physical address.

Good luck!

laolbjob
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:24 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby laolbjob » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:55 am

ontologyfail wrote:Is there anyone overseas who has received mail from Michigan? Even though my Michigan app has yet to go complete, I'm still worried about how long it's going to take mail to show up in my French P.O. box. The mailroom stinks, so I don't want to waste time loitering there in vain hope :(


no worry. they use UPS.

User avatar
ontologyfail
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:53 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby ontologyfail » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:12 am

Thanks for the info, and congrats on the acceptance parker!

User avatar
jm19
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:02 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby jm19 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:33 am

I'm still at complete on the status checker, but I was able to log into the admitted students website today!

Super excited? Yes. :D

User avatar
Aeon
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Aeon » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:34 am

jm19 wrote:I'm still at complete on the status checker, but I was able to log into the admitted students website today!

Super excited? Yes. :D

Congratulations! :D

User avatar
jm19
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:02 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby jm19 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:41 am

Aeon wrote:
jm19 wrote:I'm still at complete on the status checker, but I was able to log into the admitted students website today!

Super excited? Yes. :D

Congratulations! :D


Thank you! Now I have something to brandish against relatives who ask over Thanksgiving turkey, "So, do you have a serious boyfriend? Why not?"

"No, but I have Michigan! Michigan!"

User avatar
Aeon
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Aeon » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:42 am

jm19 wrote:
Aeon wrote:
jm19 wrote:I'm still at complete on the status checker, but I was able to log into the admitted students website today!

Super excited? Yes. :D

Congratulations! :D


Thank you! Now I have something to brandish against relatives who ask over Thanksgiving turkey, "So, do you have a serious boyfriend? Why not?"

"No, but I have Michigan! Michigan!"

:lol:

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:12 am

Still not able to log in for me

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Kretzy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:16 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Still not able to log in for me


Me neither. Lesigh.

rabidmoose
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby rabidmoose » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:18 am

Still waiting here too...

User avatar
toolshed
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby toolshed » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:21 pm

Ugh...Michigan and one other school are putting a real damper on my Thanksgiving.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby tintin » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:45 pm

Kretzy wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Still not able to log in for me


Me neither. Lesigh.


same here. :cry:

lsnate
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby lsnate » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:18 pm

This may have already been covered but have there been any admits who did not write the Why Michigan? essay?

phoenix_302
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:57 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby phoenix_302 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:19 pm

omg, I just logged in to the admitted students website, are you guys 100% sure that means you're admitted???

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:19 pm

phoenix_302 wrote:omg, I just logged in to the admitted students website, are you guys 100% sure that means you're admitted???


99.99% sure, yeah.

lsnate
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby lsnate » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:25 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
phoenix_302 wrote:omg, I just logged in to the admitted students website, are you guys 100% sure that means you're admitted???


99.99% sure, yeah.



Congrats phoenix.

What are your numbers and did you write a Why Michigan?

User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby panadera » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:30 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
phoenix_302 wrote:omg, I just logged in to the admitted students website, are you guys 100% sure that means you're admitted???


99.99% sure, yeah.


Go to mail and money, and then admissions communications, and that would make you (phoenix) 100% sure.

Congrats!!

phoenix_302
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:57 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby phoenix_302 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:49 pm

kpd-m wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
phoenix_302 wrote:omg, I just logged in to the admitted students website, are you guys 100% sure that means you're admitted???


99.99% sure, yeah.


Go to mail and money, and then admissions communications, and that would make you (phoenix) 100% sure.

Congrats!!


Yeah, offer package sent! this is so exciting! I also just got an interview request from Georgetown! after so many weeks of complete silence it's all happening so fast now!

my numbers aren't stellar 165/3.8 URM. I wrote a Why Mich and another suplemental essay.

snickersnicker
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:17 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby snickersnicker » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:45 pm

Congratulations!

The 165ish URMs getting in gives me some hope that my 166/3.99 ED will get some love...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eck456, Google [Bot], itshandled, mcvizz, mlp12, smartmoon, Smc1994, stratton_oakmont, VapidP and 21 guests