michigan 2010 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
summerschooled

Bronze

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Post by summerschooled » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:50 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:I imagine all of the T14 Deans get together in a secret meeting during the cycle and go

One Dean:"Muahaha did you see that one dude __(Insert Name)___ whose trying to get into a T3?"

JR: "Muahaha he has no chance"

Penn Dean: "Hey I got a Why Penn from him, he said Penn was his favorite place!"

UVA Dean: "Ahh what-a-Fucker, he sent that to me too, just crossed out Penn for UVA!"

All: "Lets deny that bastard"
I'm 99% sure that's how this whole thing works... well, that or the Go Fish theory.

puppleberry finn

Silver

Post by puppleberry finn » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:51 pm

*is dean of admissions*

*throws applications down stairs*

*admits all that fall on an even numbered stair*

toolshed

Bronze

Post by toolshed » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:51 pm

summerschooled wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:I imagine all of the T14 Deans get together in a secret meeting during the cycle and go

One Dean:"Muahaha did you see that one dude __(Insert Name)___ whose trying to get into a T3?"

Penn Dean: "Hey I got a Why Penn from him, he said Penn was his favorite place!"

UVA Dean: "Ahh what-a-Fucker, he sent that to me too, just crossed out Penn for UVA!"

I'm 99% sure that's how this whole thing works... well, that or the Go Fish theory.
I am charging 0L with writing up a Go Fish Theory Treatise for the TLS Content Competition.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:52 pm

summerschooled wrote:

I like Go Fish.

irie

Bronze

Post by irie » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:52 pm

toolshed wrote:
irie wrote:
toolshed wrote:
Did you write a Why Michigan?
nope, but I wrote 2 other "extra essays" though... looking back it boggles my mind why I didn't just write the why michigan one.
I just looked at your numbers....I think if you really want Michigan and are willing to wait, you'll be fine.
hehe hope you're right. i'm not feeling too antsy though, i didn't really expect to hear anything from anyone until after december, so i'm fine with sitting on my bum and waiting.

if oneforship's YP theory is correct maybe that means the 75%+ lsat people will start hearing back next week... michigan's ED deadline was 11/15 so they can probably make a somewhat comprehensive prediction on their ED numbers soon.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

toolshed

Bronze

Post by toolshed » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:53 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
summerschooled wrote:

I like Go Fish.
That and good 1L grades may lead to a deanship in your future.

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:53 pm

puppins wrote:*is dean of admissions*

*throws applications down stairs*

*admits all that fall on an even numbered stair*
This theory has merit also!

irie

Bronze

Post by irie » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:53 pm

toolshed wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
summerschooled wrote:

I like Go Fish.
That and good 1L grades may lead to a deanship in your future.
this secret meeting must be really demoralizing for the gtown deans

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:57 pm

irie wrote:
this secret meeting must be really demoralizing for the gtown deans
At the last meeting Josh Rubenstein and Robert Post put Andy Cornblatt's hand in a bowl of hot water.. it wasnt pretty.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

summerschooled

Bronze

Post by summerschooled » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:58 pm

Do you think the UVA guys set up a Go Fish tournament for all the schools to play?

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:02 pm

summerschooled wrote:Do you think the UVA guys set up a Go Fish tournament for all the schools to play?
Yea, but Yale always refuses to play.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:02 pm

bluedolphins wrote:For those who have been admitted, check your email. I just got an email from Michigan. The second sentence is hilarious.
Hmm what? When were you admitted? My status checker says "Decision" and I can log into the Admitted Students site, which tells me my offer package was sent on 11/10, but I've yet to receive it (Northern California). I did not get an email from Michigan today.

georgina

Bronze

Post by georgina » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:06 pm

oneforship wrote:I wonder if any of the schools just seemingly holding on to some of our applications (high LSAT splitters especially) are just waiting to offer a decision until after the ED period.
hmm, i'm a high LSAT splitter and got in with the first group last weekend. but, gpa is not terribly low and is from an ivy. perhaps i didn't fall in the "might be ED-ing somewhere" group (i'm not). you can pm for stats.

oh and to the poster above, i think the email went out to people who got in first batch. i got it, too! it's kind of a funny-looking email written in size 16-ish font. cute. for reference, this is the 2nd sent: "We hate to ruin the surprise by telling you what it contained, but let me just say that we never do email follow-ups to make sure people receive bad news. "

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bluedolphins

New

Post by bluedolphins » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:10 pm

crackberry wrote:
bluedolphins wrote:For those who have been admitted, check your email. I just got an email from Michigan. The second sentence is hilarious.
Hmm what? When were you admitted? My status checker says "Decision" and I can log into the Admitted Students site, which tells me my offer package was sent on 11/10, but I've yet to receive it (Northern California). I did not get an email from Michigan today.
I think my package was sent on 11/06. I am sure you will get the email soon, if not today :)

P.S. I haven't received my package yet either. I am having some problems with UPS.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:13 pm

bluedolphins wrote:
crackberry wrote:
I think my package was sent on 11/06. I am sure you will get the email soon, if not today :)

P.S. I haven't received my package yet either. I am having some problems with UPS.
Oooh does Michigan use UPS? If so, that could explain it. I have to jump through hoops to get UPS and FedEx delivered since my building has an entry code with no doorman so they can't get in to drop off the package.

hoopsguy6

Bronze

Post by hoopsguy6 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:19 pm

How long does it take to get the status checker? Submitted over two weeks ago, and still haven't gotten it yet.

CoutureChiq

Bronze

Post by CoutureChiq » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:24 pm

hoopsguy6 wrote:How long does it take to get the status checker? Submitted over two weeks ago, and still haven't gotten it yet.
+1

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jackassjim

Bronze

Post by jackassjim » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:17 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:Michigan has more cross-admits with Harvard than with any other school.
Fixed

rondemarino

Silver

Post by rondemarino » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:19 pm

jackassjim wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:Michigan has more cross-admits with Harvard than with any other school.
Fixed
How does one go about finding this kind of information?

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:24 pm

hoopsguy6 wrote:How long does it take to get the status checker? Submitted over two weeks ago, and still haven't gotten it yet.
+1

And I applied ED and haven't heard of a completion date yet (the deadline was yesterday - :( ).

jackassjim

Bronze

Post by jackassjim » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:24 pm

rondemarino wrote:
jackassjim wrote:
Fixed
How does one go about finding this kind of information?
http://www.law.umich.edu/prospectivestu ... s/faq.aspx

A bit more than halfway down, under the "yield protecting" topic.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jackassjim

Bronze

Post by jackassjim » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:27 pm

A quote from Dean Zearfoss:
We never deny someone because we think, by virtue of their LSAT and GPA, that they will be unlikely to accept our offer of admission. Most people with high numbers will be offered admission – but it is also true that people with very strong numbers will often not be admitted.
In tend to believe her. YP concerns are way overblown. It's not because some people at the top-right of the LSN graph are rejected that we have evidence of YP. I know that for some schools, the pattern is quite systematic. I don't think that's true for Michigan in particular.

ankit

Bronze

Post by ankit » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:35 pm

bluedolphins wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Yeah I got that e-mail as well! :) My package was mailed on 11/06 and I received it on 11/09.

Tangerine Gleam

Silver

Post by Tangerine Gleam » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:36 pm

CoutureChiq wrote:
+1
+2

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:40 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:
CoutureChiq wrote:
+1
+2
It just causes sorrow anyway...we'd all be better off without it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”