michigan 2010 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Gold

Re: michigan 2010

Post by 02082010 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:04 pm

To the poster above, you're right at/above their medians so as long as they rest of your app was good I wouldn't be too worried but a WhyMich would really put you in the accept category. Michigan is a huge fan of email updates and if you sent in a Why Mich in the next week or so they'll just add it to your file and probably think nothing of it being later than the rest of your app.

Everyone else, per an Mich adcomm at my UG today, the first decisions will start rolling out right before Turkey Day.

summerschooled

Bronze

Post by summerschooled » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:19 pm

I'm applying in the next few days, but one of my LORs still hasn't come in (the prof said she'd write it almost a month ago, but now says it'll get done in the next couple days). I'm just wondering whether I should submit my app with two LORs or wait until the third one gets in. Thoughts? I'm 173/just under a 3.5 if it matters.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:20 pm

summerschooled wrote:I'm applying in the next few days, but one of my LORs still hasn't come in (the prof said she'd write it almost a month ago, but now says it'll get done in the next couple days). I'm just wondering whether I should submit my app with two LORs or wait until the third one gets in. Thoughts? I'm 173/just under a 3.5 if it matters.
Unless it will be your strongest LOR (which it doesn't sound like if she has put it off for a month) or it is the only one from a prof, I would just submit now.

taxman021

New

Post by taxman021 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:21 pm

summerschooled wrote:I'm applying in the next few days, but one of my LORs still hasn't come in (the prof said she'd write it almost a month ago, but now says it'll get done in the next couple days). I'm just wondering whether I should submit my app with two LORs or wait until the third one gets in. Thoughts? I'm 173/just under a 3.5 if it matters.

i would just send it in now if everything else is ready (it'll update automatically when the other lor comes in), but getting the app itself in asap would be wise

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:53 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:To the poster above, you're right at/above their medians so as long as they rest of your app was good I wouldn't be too worried but a WhyMich would really put you in the accept category. Michigan is a huge fan of email updates and if you sent in a Why Mich in the next week or so they'll just add it to your file and probably think nothing of it being later than the rest of your app.

Everyone else, per an Mich adcomm at my UG today, the first decisions will start rolling out right before Turkey Day.
Good call, I think I'm gonna do that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

summerschooled

Bronze

Post by summerschooled » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:59 pm

taxman021 wrote:

i would just send it in now if everything else is ready (it'll update automatically when the other lor comes in), but getting the app itself in asap would be wise
Okay, cool. Thanks for the tip.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:41 pm

How long did it take most to get the status checker email? I would really like to go complete soon (applied Oct 23) and make it into the first batch of decisions.

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:42 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:How long did it take most to get the status checker email? I would really like to go complete soon (applied Oct 23) and make it into the first batch of decisions.
It took 12 days for me.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:18 am

Helmholtz wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:How long did it take most to get the status checker email? I would really like to go complete soon (applied Oct 23) and make it into the first batch of decisions.
It took 12 days for me.
Uggh for slowness on going complete. They probably saw my msu.edu email address and were like "let's give her hell for awhile."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thalassocrat

Bronze

Post by thalassocrat » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:13 am

robin600 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
It took 12 days for me.
Uggh for slowness on going complete. They probably saw my msu.edu email address and were like "let's give her hell for awhile."
Nah, I think they're just slow. Also, they send out batch emails instead of individual ones (I think?) and at least for me, requested a paper copy of the LSAC report instead of an electronic one. I just got my status checker & went complete today and I submitted two weeks ago exactly.

onwisconsin25

New

Post by onwisconsin25 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:01 am

Walfredo47 wrote:
bighead715 wrote:
CaptainSnuggleBunny wrote: sarah Z wouldn't play that game. At the very least, there's something about you that caught her eye. Give it a shot.
well, i did get a note saying "congrats on your flawless performance at wayne!" i still have some hope...

yeah I got that too..we're not special :(

I got a note as well....3.8/168

itzjulz

Bronze

Post by itzjulz » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:47 am

bighead715 wrote:
CaptainSnuggleBunny wrote: sarah Z wouldn't play that game. At the very least, there's something about you that caught her eye. Give it a shot.
well, i did get a note saying "congrats on your flawless performance at wayne!" i still have some hope...
Dean Z writes something handwritten on most correspondence, so it doesn't mean you're a special snowflake, but it DOES indicate that she gives serious consideration to what's actually in your application.

Oh, and we need more of a Wayne State representation here. I think there are only 2 of us in the class of 2012 (that I know of). Having a strong state school presence allows me to lol a little more at the folks who paid much more at fancy private schools, only to end up at the same place (though I have lots of good friends here who went that route, so no offense to them).

Hopefully you put a lot of effort into your Why Mich.. I believe that essay can definitely make a difference if you show convincing reasons why you really want to be here and why you belong here.

However, retaking might be something you really want to consider, as others have said. You say you don't have the time to get into LSAT prep again, but if you really want it, you'll make the time.

Good luck :)

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:29 pm

Complete.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:16 pm

App received email today. Up to 3 weeks before I'll get the complete/status checker email.

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:17 pm

LSN graph for michigan shows 3 people as having gotten decisions already (2 denied, 1 accepted). Curious if anyone can confirm/deny?

Pearalegal

Silver

Post by Pearalegal » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:25 pm

tintin wrote:LSN graph for michigan shows 3 people as having gotten decisions already (2 denied, 1 accepted). Curious if anyone can confirm/deny?
I heard there are people applying to law school and some even using LSN that don't post on TLS. Just a rumor though.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:27 pm

just applied, gosh I'm hoping to claw my way in.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:28 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
tintin wrote:LSN graph for michigan shows 3 people as having gotten decisions already (2 denied, 1 accepted). Curious if anyone can confirm/deny?
I heard there are people applying to law school and some even using LSN that don't post on TLS. Just a rumor though.
NO! Blasphemy!

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:31 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
:roll: You're bitchy in 90% of your posts. Some things people say deserve to be mocked but tintin's comment wasn't one of them.

Although I obviously don't know for sure, a Mich adcomm was at my UG yesterday and she said the first batch of decisions will be released right before Thanksgiving. So those LSN results are probably fabricated.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:38 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
:roll: You're bitchy in 90% of your posts. Some things people say deserve to be mocked but tintin's comment wasn't one of them.

Although I obviously don't know for sure, a Mich adcomm was at my UG yesterday and she said the first batch of decisions will be released right before Thanksgiving. So those LSN results are probably fabricated.
I thought she was just being playful. In general I think people are aware of pearalegal's sarcastic nature.

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:16 pm

I've noticed some people on LSN have data from last cycle mistakenly put up for this cycle. I would certainly think that no one has been rejected at this point.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Pearalegal

Silver

Post by Pearalegal » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:19 pm

Veritas wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:

I thought she was just being playful. In general I think people are aware of pearalegal's sarcastic nature.
I was just being playful, thanks Veritas. And I think if anyone has ever gotten offended by things I say and I've seen it, I apologize.

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:20 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
haha I don't think I've ever thought to call Pearalegal bitchy in any of her posts let alone 90% :lol:

nothing wrong with some good ol' sarcasm is there hopeful?

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:21 pm

oneforship wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
haha I don't think I've ever thought to call Pearalegal bitchy in any of her posts let alone 90%
+1

I've always said 75-80%, 90% is just too high.

Pearalegal

Silver

Post by Pearalegal » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:24 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
oneforship wrote:
haha I don't think I've ever thought to call Pearalegal bitchy in any of her posts let alone 90%
+1

I've always said 75-80%, 90% is just too high.
I'll ballpark myself around 77% bitchy.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”