michigan 2010 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
starstruck393

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby starstruck393 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Heather85 wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:
Heather85 wrote:Does anyone know if Darrows are still being offered?

When did you apply? If you just got in recently, and have the numbers and softs, you might still have a chance. If you've been in for any appreciable length of time, I'd say you're chances are then pretty slim...

Got in last week. LSAT is below median, GPA higher. Don't really think I have a shot but one can always dream.

Yea, Darrows are typically for people above both medians (usually above both 75ths), that also have great softs. Unless your softs are otherworldly, I wouldn't hold your breath. That being said, there's still a chance that you'll get some $$ (depending on how your numbers fall), and this late in the game, with admissions appearing to slow down until they can get a firm picture of their class, even getting in is an achievement, so congrats there.

Heather85

Postby Heather85 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:42 pm

starstruck393 wrote:
Heather85 wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:
Heather85 wrote:Does anyone know if Darrows are still being offered?

When did you apply? If you just got in recently, and have the numbers and softs, you might still have a chance. If you've been in for any appreciable length of time, I'd say you're chances are then pretty slim...

Got in last week. LSAT is below median, GPA higher. Don't really think I have a shot but one can always dream.

Yea, Darrows are typically for people above both medians (usually above both 75ths), that also have great softs. Unless your softs are otherworldly, I wouldn't hold your breath. That being said, there's still a chance that you'll get some $$ (depending on how your numbers fall), and this late in the game, with admissions appearing to slow down until they can get a firm picture of their class, even getting in is an achievement, so congrats there.

Thanks :D No otherwordly softs so I'll just keep my fingers crossed for some $$$

choco39

Postby choco39 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:16 pm

Just got $54,000 dean's scholarship in the mail! The mail and money section still says zero awards found.

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:21 pm

choco39 wrote:Just got $54,000 dean's scholarship in the mail! The mail and money section still says zero awards found.

Congrats! :D

rupert.pupkin

Postby rupert.pupkin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:59 pm

scottstot wrote:Anyone read Dean Z's blog today? OUCH

http://www.law.umich.edu/connection/a2z/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=17

That's what I call zing.

Quine

Postby Quine » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:04 am

rupert.pupkin wrote:

That's what I call zing.

+1

You beat me to it!

roundabout

Postby roundabout » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:36 am

choco39 wrote:Just got $54,000 dean's scholarship in the mail! The mail and money section still says zero awards found.

Congrats!

So my offer package was sent 2/24, and I haven't gotten anything about scholarships. I've been desperately blaming international mail, but does this basically mean ain't gonna happen? Looking at my numbers on LSN, it doesn't look particularly hopeful. Go on, put me out of my misery.

RhubarbPie

Postby RhubarbPie » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:01 am

roundabout wrote:

Congrats!

So my offer package was sent 2/24, and I haven't gotten anything about scholarships. I've been desperately blaming international mail, but does this basically mean ain't gonna happen? Looking at my numbers on LSN, it doesn't look particularly hopeful. Go on, put me out of my misery.

I don't know what your numbers are, but from what other people have been saying, it seems like they plug in numbers to a formula and thats how they determine how much merit aid you get (its not based on softs or other parts of your application, apparently). So if other people with your similar numbers got merit aid, you probably will too.

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:39 am

Jericwithers wrote:

Why not a blog post saying how they screwed up the waitlist response survey and that people are undoubtedly being withdrawn from the waitlist despite responding to the survey? Or did I miss that blog? Less rants, more helpfulness (but that applies to the internet as a whole lol). I wouldn't want to be the guy who lied about a scholarship, maybe he should have read this article rather than learning the lesson first hand like one of my classmates did: --LinkRemoved--

OK, TLS, which one of you was this? :lol:

What an idiot.

starstruck393

Postby starstruck393 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:47 am

Sauer Grapes wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

Why not a blog post saying how they screwed up the waitlist response survey and that people are undoubtedly being withdrawn from the waitlist despite responding to the survey? Or did I miss that blog? Less rants, more helpfulness (but that applies to the internet as a whole lol). I wouldn't want to be the guy who lied about a scholarship, maybe he should have read this article rather than learning the lesson first hand like one of my classmates did: --LinkRemoved--

OK, TLS, which one of you was this? :lol:

What an idiot.

I mean, I wouldn't accuse anyone, even if I had someone in mind (which I don't), but it really wouldn't surprise me if that person was a TLS user...

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:51 pm

I'm glad everyone knows it wasn't me, since I didn't get accepted. However, I was that person who had their mom call and pretend to be a neighbor...

MPMP

Postby MPMP » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:39 pm

My Mom called today and let me know I'm in ... any idea how long it takes to hear about $? About 2 weeks or so?

84Sunbird2000

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:20 pm

Rejected by mail. Wasn't expecting anything different. 25-2-3 now.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:33 am

Logged into the admitted student website this morning!

Do admitted students still receive merit aid at this point? Thanks!

beesknees

Postby beesknees » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:39 am

/
Last edited by beesknees on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:44 am

beesknees wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Logged into the admitted student website this morning!

According to their website, being admitted later in the cycle has no bearing on whether or not you get $. Apparently its all just numbers they plug into a formula that says if you will get any $.

And congratulations on your acceptance!

Thank you! Does the offer (if any) come with the acceptance or in a seperate snail mail? I am excited to check the mail box now :lol:

beesknees

Postby beesknees » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:48 am

Last edited by beesknees on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

happyhopes

Postby happyhopes » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:02 pm

r6_philly wrote:
beesknees wrote:

According to their website, being admitted later in the cycle has no bearing on whether or not you get $. Apparently its all just numbers they plug into a formula that says if you will get any $.

And congratulations on your acceptance!

Thank you! Does the offer (if any) come with the acceptance or in a seperate snail mail? I am excited to check the mail box now :lol:

I got letter today informing me that I've been awarded a Dean's scholarship, $67500 total! Hooray! And it answers both your questions, I received my acceptance letter last week, 3/18; need-based fin-aid loan e-mail two days ago; and then the scholarship via snail mail today.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:48 pm

happyhopes wrote:
I got letter today informing me that I've been awarded a Dean's scholarship, $67500 total! Hooray! And it answers both your questions, I received my acceptance letter last week, 3/18; need-based fin-aid loan e-mail two days ago; and then the scholarship via snail mail today.

Thank you for the info! I am eager to see what I can get!

I am a little bummed that they don't have another preview weekend, would have been really nice.

adameus

Postby adameus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:54 pm

Nice work r6!!! Does this take you out of the IN at Nowhere club?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:02 pm

adameus wrote:

Nice work r6!!! Does this take you out of the IN at Nowhere club?

Thanks! I suppose it does, but I will wait until I have the actual packet :)

This was the last app I sent, I am really pleasantly surprised.

Heather85

Postby Heather85 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:07 pm

r6_philly wrote:
happyhopes wrote:

I am a little bummed that they don't have another preview weekend, would have been really nice.

You can always go to one of their Alumni receptions ( may not be as informative but it may help). I got in last week and couldn't make it to preview week last minute so I'll be attending one of the receptions. Has anyone here been to one?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:11 pm

Heather85 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
happyhopes wrote:

You can always go to one of their Alumni receptions ( may not be as informative but it may help). I got in last week and couldn't make it to preview week last minute so I'll be attending one of the receptions. Has anyone here been to one?

Which one are you going to? It is too late for me to register for the NYC one, so I can only make the DC one. It seems short and is on a school day so I am not too sure at the moment. I really want to see the campus and meet potential classmates and get a feel for the school as a whole. But I will consider the Alumni reception.

Heather85

Postby Heather85 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:19 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Heather85 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
happyhopes wrote:

Which one are you going to? It is too late for me to register for the NYC one, so I can only make the DC one. It seems short and is on a school day so I am not too sure at the moment. I really want to see the campus and meet potential classmates and get a feel for the school as a whole. But I will consider the Alumni reception.

NYC. Maybe you can email the admissions office about getting into that one. I'll definitely make a trip to Ann Arbor soon though.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:48 pm

Heather85 wrote:
NYC. Maybe you can email the admissions office about getting into that one. I'll definitely make a trip to Ann Arbor soon though.

I emailed them. I have to see if my professors are ok with me missing class and if they will let me register. Hope to see you there if I can make it.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”