michigan 2010 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
welkyn

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby welkyn » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:29 pm

my app status has been updated on every single day since Feb. 22...

orphanarium

Postby orphanarium » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:36 pm

Last edited by orphanarium on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

goodolgil

Postby goodolgil » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:00 pm

orphanarium wrote:Is any recent admit going to one of the alumni receptions? Or has anyone gone? What are they going to do there exactly?

I'm probably gonna go to the one in NY; it's really close to my job and starts right after I get out of work.

big_blue79

Postby big_blue79 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:40 pm

Decision rendered. I was able to log into the admitted students' website, so I suppose I'm in. My spouse is heavily leaning against Michigan (weather primarily), but I made her promise we'll at least visit (I like Ann Arbor). I don't think I'll win the argument unless I got a large merit package.

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:44 pm

big_blue79 wrote:Decision rendered. I was able to log into the admitted students' website, so I suppose I'm in. My spouse is heavily leaning against Michigan (weather primarily), but I made her promise we'll at least visit (I like Ann Arbor). I don't think I'll win the argument unless I got a large merit package.

I'm in a very similar situation. Fiancee is against Michigan for a variety of factors (mostly weather, but also lack of teaching jobs in music, far away from family, etc). But we will be visiting Michigan in two weeks, unfortunately not during Preview Weekend, so we will see how things go...Congrats though!

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:52 pm

big_blue79 wrote:Decision rendered. I was able to log into the admitted students' website, so I suppose I'm in. My spouse is heavily leaning against Michigan (weather primarily), but I made her promise we'll at least visit (I like Ann Arbor). I don't think I'll win the argument unless I got a large merit package.

congrats!!

tamlyric

Postby tamlyric » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:09 pm

Nightrunner wrote:
tamlyric wrote:
Kakarot wrote:What? It was funny and no one would assume he was talking about a person. I use "she" to refer to law schools also. It is normal...

I'm not looking to have a debate. I think the ambiguity is unfortunate (if unintended). It's irrelevant whether people use the word 'she' to apply to schools. That point was not in question. I was attempting to look out for Jericwithers, since I think the post was (at best) imprudent and (at worst) terribly inappropriate. If he's comfortable with the post after having reconsidered it, more power to him.

quit being so prudent

:lol:

<3.

tamlyric

Postby tamlyric » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:23 pm

Nightrunner wrote:
tamlyric wrote: :lol:

<3.

I hope you appreciate the gesture; it is difficult to show you love during the crippling agony that overtakes me every time I post in this thread.

yes, yes. it is deeply appreciated... excuse me while i log off and gently weep. :cry:

<3. i am still holding out hope!

roundabout

Postby roundabout » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:50 pm

Got my admit pack yesterday- super exciting. If there was no info about scholarships, and if the admitted students website shows no aid communications, does that mean no merit monayz?

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:53 pm

roundabout wrote:Got my admit pack yesterday- super exciting. If there was no info about scholarships, and if the admitted students website shows no aid communications, does that mean no merit monayz?

I believe it can take up to 3 weeks after acceptance to hear back about merit aid. So if you just got accepted, don't lose hope yet!

tamlyric

Postby tamlyric » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:55 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
roundabout wrote:Got my admit pack yesterday- super exciting. If there was no info about scholarships, and if the admitted students website shows no aid communications, does that mean no merit monayz?

I believe it can take up to 3 weeks after acceptance to hear back about merit aid. So if you just got accepted, don't lose hope yet!

+1

I don't think anyone gets scholarship information with the acceptance letter.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:56 pm

Hai Dean Z,
:oops:
-Veri

roundabout

Postby roundabout » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:11 pm

tamlyric wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:

+1

I don't think anyone gets scholarship information with the acceptance letter.

awesometown, thanks.

big_blue79

Postby big_blue79 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:31 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:

I'm in a very similar situation. Fiancee is against Michigan for a variety of factors (mostly weather, but also lack of teaching jobs in music, far away from family, etc). But we will be visiting Michigan in two weeks, unfortunately not during Preview Weekend, so we will see how things go...Congrats though!

Thanks, and you too! And thanks Veritas!

Emma.

Postby Emma. » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:40 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:

My SO is worried too. Mostly about jobs. Hoping some leads will arise while we are up there for Preview Weekend.

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:48 pm

emrose wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:

My SO is worried too. Mostly about jobs. Hoping some leads will arise while we are up there for Preview Weekend.

Yeah, jobs are the primary concern of my SO as well. She has been substitute teaching for the past year and is anxious to get her own classroom. But it seems like teaching jobs are hard to come by every where, not just in Michigan.

existenz

Postby existenz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:58 pm

I was admitted two weeks ago, and so far no word on any merit scholarships. Hopefully the delay is because Dean Z is placing me into the next Darrow group. :)

tamlyric

Postby tamlyric » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:19 pm

existenz wrote:

I was admitted two weeks ago, and so far no word on any merit scholarships. Hopefully the delay is because Dean Z is placing me into the next Darrow group. :)

Good luck! :D

Aeon

Postby Aeon » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:25 pm

roundabout wrote:Got my admit pack yesterday- super exciting.

Congrats. :D

Veritas wrote:Hai Dean Z,
-Veri

Still holding out hope for you, Veri! I haven't been on these forums for too long (relatively speaking), but from what I've seen, if anyone deserves to get into Michigan, it's you.

sandiecohen47

Postby sandiecohen47 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:26 pm

Aeon wrote:

-Veri

Still holding out hope for you, Veri! I haven't been on these forums for too long (relatively speaking), but from what I've seen, if anyone deserves to get into Michigan, it's you.

TITCR. Go Veritas!

tamlyric

Postby tamlyric » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:28 pm

sandiecohen47 wrote:
Aeon wrote:

-Veri

TITCR. Go Veritas!

+ Infinity. Go Veritas!

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:35 pm

lol <3 Veri

beesknees

Postby beesknees » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:25 am

Does anyone know of stories of people successfully negotiating some merit aid from Michigan after being no-offered? I would love to attend Michigan and even the smallest amount of money would be able to help me mentally justify the outrageous debt.

Kind of like that expensive dress that fits like it was made for you and you're dying to buy, but don't because its too extravagant and you could get a similar (though less desirable) dress for 50% less at a different store. But getting aid would be like that dress going on sale for 15% off. Its still expensive and still extravagant, but you feel like its a little bit more ok to spend it. Ok, law school isn't really like shopping, but my mental barrier to "purchasing" a law school is very similar.

clyde_barrow

Postby clyde_barrow » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:53 am

full darrow!! wooo

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:24 am

:oops: thanks guys. I wish all the best for you, too!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”