michigan 2010 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rockchalk86

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby rockchalk86 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:15 pm

Sorry but I have to get this off of my chest...

All you babies crying "YP", shut the fuck up. If you were YP'd at Michigan you probably got into some fantastic schools. Quite frankly, I have no sympathy for you. And if you didn't, then you probably were not YP'd, your application just sucked.

Sorry... I feel better now.

tamlyric

Postby tamlyric » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:25 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:Sorry but I have to get this off of my chest...

All you babies crying "YP", shut the fuck up. If you were YP'd at Michigan you probably got into some fantastic schools. Quite frankly, I have no sympathy for you. And if you didn't, then you probably were not YP'd, your application just sucked.

:lol:

UFMatt

Postby UFMatt » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:29 pm

*High five*

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:31 pm

UFMatt wrote:

*High five*

scottstot

Postby scottstot » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:33 pm

UFMatt wrote:

*High five*

--ImageRemoved--

Illinifan05

Postby Illinifan05 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Just got WL today via email :-/

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:50 pm

Illinifan05 wrote:Just got WL today via email :-/

today??? what time if you don't mind?

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:52 pm

calicocat wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

edit: just checked, nothing for me

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:55 pm

Veritas wrote:
calicocat wrote:

me neither, we should just go camp out in front of the admissions office

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:55 pm

calicocat wrote:
Veritas wrote:
calicocat wrote:

me neither, we should just go camp out in front of the admissions office

I'll prolly keep my chair with me to hide behind.

existenz

Postby existenz » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:24 pm

I know I'm relatively noob to TLS with a sub-1000 post count, but I'm really hoping calicocat gets into Michigan. That kitten face is just too adorable!

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:26 pm

existenz wrote:I know I'm relatively noob to TLS with a sub-1000 post count, but I'm really hoping calicocat gets into Michigan. That kitten face is just too adorable!

<3 I like you

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:27 pm

existenz wrote:I know I'm relatively noob to TLS with a sub-1000 post count, but I'm really hoping calicocat gets into Michigan. That kitten face is just too adorable!

Withdrawing would increase her chances.

xcountryjunkie

Postby xcountryjunkie » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:30 pm

I recently asked to have my application switched, and be reviewed not only for the fall start but also the summer start. Does anyone know whether this makes it any easier to get in?

existenz

Postby existenz » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:32 pm

calicocat wrote:

<3 I like you

:D

Jericwithers wrote:

Withdrawing would increase her chances.

If I get into Berkeley, I will personally call Dean Zearfoss and demand that my spot go to calico.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:37 pm

existenz wrote:If I get into Berkeley, I will personally call Dean Zearfoss and demand that my spot go to calico.

If only I was a much nicer person I could convince someone to do the same thing for me at other schools. I would do this for someone if I actually thought my recommendation would be viewed positively.

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:40 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
existenz wrote:If I get into Berkeley, I will personally call Dean Zearfoss and demand that my spot go to calico.

If only I was a much nicer person I could convince someone to do the same thing for me at other schools. I would do this for someone if I actually thought my recommendation would be viewed positively.

I'm a nice person on tls? News to me. :P :P :P

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:40 pm

Jericwithers wrote:

not that it wouldn't be viewed positively, it just wouldn't be viewed at all.

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:42 pm

calicocat wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

He must not frequent BP... :)

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:43 pm

calicocat wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

No comment on your question, but I can't really mimic the features that get you such special treatment. Instead I have to be the second comming of Ghandi.

EDIT: Being a really nice person is sufficient but not neccesary to get someone to jockey for you in their withdrawal. Make more sense?

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:45 pm

lol one person is nice to me and I get attacked for it. Come on tls!

cheesus

Postby cheesus » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:04 pm

+1

Lmao Zedong

Postby Lmao Zedong » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:29 pm

whatever man. not really looking for your sympathy. speaking as someone who was YP'd at michigan but in at CLS and NYU (and still holding out hope for HLS), i can say that michigan was actually an attractive school to me, and if i'd gotten in with $ it would have been a strongly appealing option. the fact that i'm not going to have that option because i didn't miss enough LSAT questions to have the zing that dean Z is looking for is distressing to me. and no, i'm not going to apologize for the fact that i find it distressing.

yes, i'm in at CCN and i'll be fine, and no, i don't feel sorry for myself, nor do i expect you to. doesn't change the fact that it's bullshit, and that an option i would have loved to have is shot.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:35 pm

Lmao Zedong wrote:

whatever man. not really looking for your sympathy. speaking as someone who was YP'd at michigan but in at CLS and NYU (and still holding out hope for HLS), i can say that michigan was actually an attractive school to me, and if i'd gotten in with $ it would have been a strongly appealing option. the fact that i'm not going to have that option because i didn't miss enough LSAT questions to have the zing that dean Z is looking for is distressing to me. and no, i'm not going to apologize for the fact that i find it distressing.

yes, i'm in at CCN and i'll be fine, and no, i don't feel sorry for myself, nor do i expect you to. doesn't change the fact that it's bullshit, and that an option i would have loved to have is shot.

It's not like you were rejected. If you really want it that badly, pursue it!

Lmao Zedong

Postby Lmao Zedong » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:37 pm

Veritas wrote:
Lmao Zedong wrote:

It's not like you were rejected. If you really want it that badly, pursue it!

it's a matter of aid. i wouldn't do michigan at sticker and, though i'd be happy to be corrected on this, my impression is that any opportunities for $ are pretty minimal off the waitlist

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”