michigan 2010 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
AngryAvocado

Silver
Posts: 774
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby AngryAvocado » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:30 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Great, Dean Z couldn't let me boost my ego by attributing my snub to YP. Now I have to deal with the posibility that I lack 'zing,' or perhaps that I showed interest in international law while the school admits they don't have anything to offer me in that department. Maybe another explaination is that they saw my posts here and decided not to accept me because of it. It's interesting to see the degree that Michigan monitors forums like this on a regular basis.


Uh, I really didn't get "them monitoring forums on a regular basis" out of that blog entry.


Yea, I didnt either. But it does seem to me like some of this is just BS. Michigan blatantly YPs and its clear to see. I am not saying my waitlist was a YP, but there are other members on this forum that I think Michigan clearly YPd. To deny it at all is just BS

She didn't really deny it as much as she basically said they practice it in a roundabout way. "Not fitting in" seems like code for it.

I mean, look at LSN. What makes all those 169s "fit in" and most of those 172s-173s not fit in? If the dispersion of yellow and green dots was a little more random, I'd be inclined to believe her. But it's pretty clear cut, and I don't really get how people can argue against it.


Ha, I just checked out LSN. Wow. I'm pretty sure my waitlisting wasn't solely YP, but I guess virtually everyone 169-170 with a 3.7 or above has a shitload of zing.

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant

Silver
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:43 pm

And I'm really not buying the whole "wouldn't be happy here" thing if you don't select a certain type of law you're interested in. First of all, I think we are all grown folks and we can see if we'd really be happy at a certain school studying a certain type of law. I don't think we need people looking out for us in that respect. Also, many of us will change the type of law we want to practice or we are undecided.

I think it is placing too much emphasis on the wrong factors. It's kind of like how people seem scared to admit they want to do PI work on their Columbia app.

I'm not trying to trash Michigan at all, I think it is a fantastic school and I am sad that I am waitlisted. I just don't necessarily agree with a certain practice that they may or may not be using.

User avatar
itsirtou

Bronze
Posts: 401
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby itsirtou » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:51 pm

los blancos wrote:
calicocat wrote:Still 2/27, still complete, still stressed to the point of tears


same


yep :?

User avatar
Sauer Grapes

Silver
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Sauer Grapes » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:57 pm

...
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
itsirtou

Bronze
Posts: 401
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby itsirtou » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:01 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
itsirtou wrote:
los blancos wrote:
calicocat wrote:Still 2/27, still complete, still stressed to the point of tears


same


yep :?

Are you not decided on UMN after that insane scholarship they gave you?


I have no idea! that is an enormous amount of money, but I can't decide if it's worth it when the opportunities would increase so dramatically by going to a t10 school. (but how do you turn down 180k?? great googly moogly)

User avatar
Jericwithers

Gold
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Jericwithers » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:38 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:I guess virtually everyone 169-170 with a 3.7 or above has a shitload of zing.


Except me; I lack zing. If only I had robbed a bank like the guy Michigan is trying to woo in prison. Now THATS some zing!

User avatar
Barbie_Head

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:55 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Barbie_Head » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:12 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
AngryAvocado wrote:I guess virtually everyone 169-170 with a 3.7 or above has a shitload of zing.


Except me; I lack zing. If only I had robbed a bank like the guy Michigan is trying to woo in prison. Now THATS some zing!


Well, what you lack in zing you certainly make up for with a sense of humor. That was pretty funny. :lol:

User avatar
holydonkey

Silver
Posts: 1181
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby holydonkey » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:17 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:I guess virtually everyone 169-170 with a 3.7 or above has a shitload of zing.


why thank you

User avatar
existenz

Silver
Posts: 926
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby existenz » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:14 pm

These application threads start out full of optimism and braggadocio, but by the later stages they become cesspools of despair, confusion and blind fury. So sad, so inevitable.

User avatar
Lmao Zedong

Bronze
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Lmao Zedong » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:15 pm

anyone want to trade me some zing in exchange for 5 of my LSAT points? i need to get off this waitlist somehow

User avatar
scribelaw

Silver
Posts: 760
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby scribelaw » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:16 pm

Lmao Zedong wrote:anyone want to trade me some zing in exchange for 5 of my LSAT points? i need to get off this waitlist somehow


Lol.

User avatar
Jericwithers

Gold
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Jericwithers » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:17 pm

Lmao Zedong wrote:anyone want to trade me some zing in exchange for 5 of my LSAT points? i need to get off this waitlist somehow


Deal. I'd rather go to a school that would take me with a 174 sans zing.

User avatar
Veritas

Gold
Posts: 2695
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Veritas » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:18 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
Lmao Zedong wrote:anyone want to trade me some zing in exchange for 5 of my LSAT points? i need to get off this waitlist somehow


Deal. I'd rather go to a school that would take me with a 174 sans zing.

maybe i have some of this "zing"

User avatar
tomhobbes

Bronze
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby tomhobbes » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:39 pm

Lmao Zedong wrote:anyone want to trade me some zing in exchange for 5 of my LSAT points? i need to get off this waitlist somehow


I don't think you need to trade 5 LSAT points for zing. I think you get zing merely by losing LSAT points.

User avatar
Olive

Silver
Posts: 997
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Olive » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:38 am

Veritas wrote:maybe i have some of this "zing"


:D

Roseland

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:20 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Roseland » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:46 am

Dean Z only affirmed that they are indeed practicing YPing with her response. It appears that the "Michigan YP is disgusting" thread hit a sore spot and Michigan thought they needed to respond. Obviously, in this competitive arena, all the law schools have people posting promoting their schools on a regular basis. The team from Michigan ran to Dean Z and said, "The sky is falling...the sky is falling...someone said something bad about us on TLS! You must respond!" What a foolish move on her part. All it did in my mind is confirm that someone had accurately called them out.
I have been following this forum for 2 cycles. I am beginning to think there are very few actual applicants vs. parents and paid representatives from the law schools participating. For example, why in the world would a legit 1L or a 2L take the time to post something? Give me a break! Real students have lives and too much work to do to bother to take time to post on this forum AFTER they are in law school...unless of course they are paid to do so.
I have come to trust very little I read, besides the color and size of envelopes coming in the mail. Especially difficult to trust are comments, either for or against, any particular law school.

User avatar
los blancos

Platinum
Posts: 8395
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby los blancos » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:51 am

Roseland wrote:Dean Z only affirmed that they are indeed practicing YPing with her response. It appears that the "Michigan YP is disgusting" thread hit a sore spot and Michigan thought they needed to respond. Obviously, in this competitive arena, all the law schools have people posting promoting their schools on a regular basis. The team from Michigan ran to Dean Z and said, "The sky is falling...the sky is falling...someone said something bad about us on TLS! You must respond!" What a foolish move on her part. All it did in my mind is confirm that someone had accurately called them out.
I have been following this forum for 2 cycles. I am beginning to think there are very few actual applicants vs. parents and paid representatives from the law schools participating. For example, why in the world would a legit 1L or a 2L take the time to post something? Give me a break! Real students have lives and too much work to do to bother to take time to post on this forum AFTER they are in law school...unless of course they are paid to do so.
I have come to trust very little I read, besides the color and size of envelopes coming in the mail. Especially difficult to trust are comments, either for or against, any particular law school.


Do you also believe that the Mossad was behind 9/11 and that we never landed on the moon?

User avatar
cardinalandgold

Silver
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:51 am

Some amazing pictures of Michigan Law:

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jensenl/ ... m/lawquad/

Excited for my visit!

User avatar
stratocophic

Gold
Posts: 2204
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby stratocophic » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:53 am

los blancos wrote:
Roseland wrote:Dean Z only affirmed that they are indeed practicing YPing with her response. It appears that the "Michigan YP is disgusting" thread hit a sore spot and Michigan thought they needed to respond. Obviously, in this competitive arena, all the law schools have people posting promoting their schools on a regular basis. The team from Michigan ran to Dean Z and said, "The sky is falling...the sky is falling...someone said something bad about us on TLS! You must respond!" What a foolish move on her part. All it did in my mind is confirm that someone had accurately called them out.
I have been following this forum for 2 cycles. I am beginning to think there are very few actual applicants vs. parents and paid representatives from the law schools participating. For example, why in the world would a legit 1L or a 2L take the time to post something? Give me a break! Real students have lives and too much work to do to bother to take time to post on this forum AFTER they are in law school...unless of course they are paid to do so.
I have come to trust very little I read, besides the color and size of envelopes coming in the mail. Especially difficult to trust are comments, either for or against, any particular law school.


Do you also believe that the Mossad was behind 9/11 and that we never landed on the moon?

Pft. Guv'mint was behind 9/11. Everyone knows that.

Why do 123Ls post? Obviously Rose has never experienced the joys of creating flames and extinguishing the flames of others.
Last edited by stratocophic on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
calicocat

Silver
Posts: 1089
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby calicocat » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:56 am

Roseland wrote:Dean Z only affirmed that they are indeed practicing YPing with her response. It appears that the "Michigan YP is disgusting" thread hit a sore spot and Michigan thought they needed to respond. Obviously, in this competitive arena, all the law schools have people posting promoting their schools on a regular basis. The team from Michigan ran to Dean Z and said, "The sky is falling...the sky is falling...someone said something bad about us on TLS! You must respond!" What a foolish move on her part. All it did in my mind is confirm that someone had accurately called them out.
I have been following this forum for 2 cycles. I am beginning to think there are very few actual applicants vs. parents and paid representatives from the law schools participating. For example, why in the world would a legit 1L or a 2L take the time to post something? Give me a break! Real students have lives and too much work to do to bother to take time to post on this forum AFTER they are in law school...unless of course they are paid to do so.
I have come to trust very little I read, besides the color and size of envelopes coming in the mail. Especially difficult to trust are comments, either for or against, any particular law school.

hah, clearly they made the right choice.

User avatar
Lmao Zedong

Bronze
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Lmao Zedong » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:51 am

tomhobbes wrote:
Lmao Zedong wrote:anyone want to trade me some zing in exchange for 5 of my LSAT points? i need to get off this waitlist somehow


I don't think you need to trade 5 LSAT points for zing. I think you get zing merely by losing LSAT points.


ah, this is right. i didn't quite capture the right spirit with that first post. to amend:

anyone want to take 5 LSAT points off my hands? i could use some extra zing to get off this waitlist

User avatar
cutiewiddlebebe

Bronze
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby cutiewiddlebebe » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:08 am

cardinalandgold wrote:Some amazing pictures of Michigan Law:

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jensenl/ ... m/lawquad/

Excited for my visit!

beautiful

Amelie

Silver
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Amelie » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:00 am

.
Last edited by Amelie on Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jericwithers

Gold
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:00 am

cutiewiddlebebe wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:Some amazing pictures of Michigan Law:

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jensenl/ ... m/lawquad/

Excited for my visit!

beautiful


Confederates! Must be Mich plants!

timelovesahero

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby timelovesahero » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:02 pm

I can log into their the admitted students while the status checker just says complete. Does that mean what I think it does?



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests