michigan 2010 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
stratocophic

Gold

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Post by stratocophic » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:00 pm

calicocat wrote:Status changed to feb 27th. Anyone else?
Yup. I applied late, so I expect it to continue to change until the inevitable crushing disappointment at the end of March.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:34 pm

stratocophic wrote:
Yup. I applied late, so I expect it to continue to change until the inevitable crushing disappointment at the end of March.
:|

who else is still hanging in there from early on this cycle?

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:49 pm

Didn't check yesterday, but it's 27th right now.

Rock of Love

New

Post by Rock of Love » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:38 pm

WL'ed on 02/27 along with everyone else. GPA/LSAT above 75%, specifics in profile. Wrote the additional essays and genuinely wanted to go to Michigan/had convincing reasons. After acceptances in the T5 with scholly money, however, I wouldn't wait around just to get in without merit aid. Michigan really hurts themselves with their YP'ing. Good luck to the rest of applicants waiting!

arb44

New

Post by arb44 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:13 pm

Veritas wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
:|

who else is still hanging in there from early on this cycle?
Applied back in september, still hanging on somehow.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lieut Kaffee

Silver

Post by Lieut Kaffee » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:28 am

Rock of Love wrote:WL'ed on 02/27 along with everyone else. GPA/LSAT above 75%, specifics in profile. Wrote the additional essays and genuinely wanted to go to Michigan/had convincing reasons. After acceptances in the T5 with scholly money, however, I wouldn't wait around just to get in without merit aid. Michigan really hurts themselves with their YP'ing. Good luck to the rest of applicants waiting!
Wow, 175/4.0 is sick. The bolded is TCR.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:42 pm

Status checker reflects the fact that I was waitlisted, so it is very real now :( . I [blank] you Michigan, bye thread.

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:45 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Status checker reflects the fact that I was waitlisted, so it is very real now :( . I [blank] you Michigan, bye thread.
:cry:

mine is still at 2/27

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:46 pm

los blancos wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Status checker reflects the fact that I was waitlisted, so it is very real now :( . I [blank] you Michigan, bye thread.
:cry:

mine is still at 2/27
*waves sadly*

2/27 here as well

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:50 pm

Mine is still at 2/27, but it now relfects the fact that I was waitlisted (it didn't before today). Good luck those still waiting!

starstruck393

Silver

Post by starstruck393 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:54 pm

To those accusing Dean Z of YPing, here's her response: http://www.law.umich.edu/connection/a2z/default.aspx

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:00 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

booboo

Silver

Post by booboo » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:01 pm

Not one of her better responses. Really pointless actually.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:03 pm

Great, Dean Z couldn't let me boost my ego by attributing my snub to YP. Now I have to deal with the posibility that I lack 'zing,' or perhaps that I showed interest in international law while the school admits they don't have anything to offer me in that department. Maybe another explaination is that they saw my posts here and decided not to accept me because of it. It's interesting to see the degree that Michigan monitors forums like this on a regular basis.

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:04 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Great, Dean Z couldn't let me boost my ego by attributing my snub to YP. Now I have to deal with the posibility that I lack 'zing,' or perhaps that I showed interest in international law while the school admits they don't have anything to offer me in that department. Maybe another explaination is that they saw my posts here and decided not to accept me because of it. It's interesting to see the degree that Michigan monitors forums like this on a regular basis.
Uh, I really didn't get "them monitoring forums on a regular basis" out of that blog entry.

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:05 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Great, Dean Z couldn't let me boost my ego by attributing my snub to YP. Now I have to deal with the posibility that I lack 'zing,' or perhaps that I showed interest in international law while the school admits they don't have anything to offer me in that department. Maybe another explaination is that they saw my posts here and decided not to accept me because of it. It's interesting to see the degree that Michigan monitors forums like this on a regular basis.
Uh, I really didn't get "them monitoring forums on a regular basis" out of that blog entry.
Yea, I didnt either. But it does seem to me like some of this is just BS. Michigan blatantly YPs and its clear to see. I am not saying my waitlist was a YP, but there are other members on this forum that I think Michigan clearly YPd. To deny it at all is just BS

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:06 pm

Still 2/27, still complete, still stressed to the point of tears

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:06 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Sorry, more regular than every other school. They did admit to reading some pages of a forum in that blog entry, and I remember the whole fiasco of her posting in this particular thread about the admitted website. Twice is not regular, but it is twice more than I have seen any other school admit to it.

JollyGreenGiant

Silver

Post by JollyGreenGiant » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:08 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
Yea, I didnt either. But it does seem to me like some of this is just BS. Michigan blatantly YPs and its clear to see. I am not saying my waitlist was a YP, but there are other members on this forum that I think Michigan clearly YPd. To deny it at all is just BS
She didn't really deny it as much as she basically said they practice it in a roundabout way. "Not fitting in" seems like code for it.

I mean, look at LSN. What makes all those 169s "fit in" and most of those 172s-173s not fit in? If the dispersion of yellow and green dots was a little more random, I'd be inclined to believe her. But it's pretty clear cut, and I don't really get how people can argue against it.

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:11 pm

The way I figure it too is that if these schools who practice YP dont think they are good enough for the students with high numbers to attend then why should any of those students want to attend?

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:11 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
Sorry, more regular than every other school. They did admit to reading some pages of a forum in that blog entry, and I remember the whole fiasco of her posting in this particular thread about the admitted website. Twice is not regular, but it is twice more than I have seen any other school admit to it.
Yale calls out TLS members on their admissions page.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:12 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
Yale calls out TLS members on their admissions page.
<--- Glad I didn't apply to Yale lol.

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:14 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
She didn't really deny it as much as she basically said they practice it in a roundabout way. "Not fitting in" seems like code for it.

I mean, look at LSN. What makes all those 169s "fit in" and most of those 172s-173s not fit in? If the dispersion of yellow and green dots was a little more random, I'd be inclined to believe her. But it's pretty clear cut, and I don't really get how people can argue against it.
people below 170 don't understand this... they just don't have the mental capability :)

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:24 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:To those accusing Dean Z of YPing, here's her response: http://www.law.umich.edu/connection/a2z/default.aspx
The more I read from Dean Z, the more I want to go to Michigan.
hahaha this part was awesome:
Examples include “AdComms” for admissions committees (a phrase that sounds vaguely likely a Soviet missile to me) and “TTT in decline.” (Well, honestly, I did start using that latter one all the time once I figured out what TTT meant. I love a new insult.)

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:24 pm

calicocat wrote:Still 2/27, still complete, still stressed to the point of tears
same

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”