michigan 2010 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby panadera » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:20 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:This thread makes me nervous because I submitted really early.


Me too. I submitted like the first day you could. Your batch could be next! (Particularly because your LSAT is (even if slightly fudged) better than mine.)

Edit: On LSN, not your profile here.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby tintin » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:24 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:This thread makes me nervous because I submitted really early.



me too....

my lsat is median, gpa about 75% tho, i should have a fighting chance.....

User avatar
irie
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby irie » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:26 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:This thread makes me nervous because I submitted really early.


if it makes u feel any better they received my app on 10/1 and i went complete on 10/21 and not a peep from anyone since. oh and i cant log on to the admitted students site either, so either they are still mulling over my app or im riding the WL.

here's to the next batch eh? :P

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:46 am

kpd-m wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:This thread makes me nervous because I submitted really early.


Me too. I submitted like the first day you could. Your batch could be next! (Particularly because your LSAT is (even if slightly fudged) better than mine.)

Edit: On LSN, not your profile here.


Hopefully we have another batch coming this week! Congrats though on your acceptance! My Numbers on LSN are almost exactly correct.

Apple Tree
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:19 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Apple Tree » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:52 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:This thread makes me nervous because I submitted really early.


For some reason, I thought you were already in.... :?

I'm not even anxious anymore, I'm pretty sure I'll be W/L

Amelie
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Amelie » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:53 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:This thread makes me nervous because I submitted really early.



I can't believe they wouldn't let you in (and if they don't it doesn't bode well for me). Did you write the Why Mich?

User avatar
onwisconsin25
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:09 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby onwisconsin25 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:56 am

Apple Tree wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:This thread makes me nervous because I submitted really early.


For some reason, I thought you were already in.... :?

I'm not even anxious anymore, I'm pretty sure I'll be W/L



i'm getting nervous as well. i don't think my numbers are that far off from people who are getting admitted right now but I'm definitely fearing a waitlist from a lot of places at this point considering I was complete in like early September

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:57 am

maggiebre wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:This thread makes me nervous because I submitted really early.



I can't believe they wouldn't let you in (and if they don't it doesn't bode well for me). Did you write the Why Mich?

Yea I wrote a Why Mich essay. I dont think my numbers are high enough to be YPd so I dont know what is happening. I thought I was good at getting in, but I am so nervous now!

User avatar
triplecats
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:48 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby triplecats » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:11 pm

I submitted in late September, no word yet. Getting a little nervous, but life will go on either way. Thank you, Michigan, for reminding me that I shouldn't assume anything is a given.

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:12 pm

.
Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rurik
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Rurik » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:18 pm

Had my first "zOMG!!!1! An acceptance from Michigan" dream last night. This is not looking well. Submitted early, wrote an essay on my interest in their law school, LSAT way above 75th and GPA below 25th. Dammit, dammit!

freeflowfox
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby freeflowfox » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:49 pm

My god do I remember what it's like to have those dreams... especially as you get towards Feb and March. (Shudders)

a.shoshana
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:43 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby a.shoshana » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:43 pm

Numbers above 75% for lsat and gpa... but I wrote a why mich!! please please please please please please let me in. I like you michigan... i really, really like you.

summary: just like everyone else here, i am SO nervous now.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby tintin » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:56 pm

really we shouldn't be freaking out, it isn't even december yet. but, easier said than done. i wish i could forget about law school for another 3-4 weeks.

User avatar
summerschooled
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby summerschooled » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:06 pm

tintin wrote:really we shouldn't be freaking out, it isn't even december yet. but, easier said than done. i wish i could forget about law school for another 3-4 weeks.

+1, especially since I didn't even submit until late October. :oops:

sfdreaming09
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby sfdreaming09 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:16 pm

I submitted 09/24 (172/3.9) and have yet to hear back. And I submitted a why Michigan.

And my app couldn't have been that bad considering I got a JR1 on the first day he started sending them out (10/19).

ughhh.

User avatar
CoutureChiq
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:04 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby CoutureChiq » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:17 pm

happy now?
Last edited by CoutureChiq on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rurik
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Rurik » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:20 pm

CoutureChiq wrote:My boyfriend said there is a large envelope for me at home from Michigan. This is odd since I haven't even gotten a complete email or a status checker. Any idea what it could be?

Actually, now that I think about it, it might be a viewbook since I requested one over the summer. I got all excited for nothing. That's probably what it is.


viewbook

efelleman
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby efelleman » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:29 pm

.
Last edited by efelleman on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CoutureChiq
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:04 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby CoutureChiq » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:30 pm

efelleman wrote:I got my acceptance packet today. It made me very happy to see that my welcome letter from the dean had been marked up with some personal touches (underlined the word very in "I am very pleased..." and had a little handwritten comment about my public service). It's personal touches like that that make me consider choosing Michigan over a higher-ranked school if I'm lucky enough to be admitted to one.

On a more humorous note though, the included flash drive which supposedly contains video interviews with students, faculty and alumni is empty and unformatted. Did anyone actually get one with anything on it?


When did you submit/go complete?

Split5
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:49 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Split5 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:32 pm

CoutureChiq wrote:My boyfriend said there is a large envelope for me at home from Michigan. This is odd since I haven't even gotten a complete email or a status checker. Any idea what it could be?

Actually, now that I think about it, it might be a viewbook since I requested one over the summer. I got all excited for nothing. That's probably what it is.


When you finished typing the second paragraph, what made you go ahead and hit submit?

efelleman
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby efelleman » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:34 pm

.
Last edited by efelleman on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CoutureChiq
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:04 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby CoutureChiq » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:42 pm

May have been unnecessary, just like your comment. In any case, I deleted it. Happy? :D
Split5 wrote:
CoutureChiq wrote:My boyfriend said there is a large envelope for me at home from Michigan. This is odd since I haven't even gotten a complete email or a status checker. Any idea what it could be?

Actually, now that I think about it, it might be a viewbook since I requested one over the summer. I got all excited for nothing. That's probably what it is.


When you finished typing the second paragraph, what made you go ahead and hit submit?

User avatar
jackassjim
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:58 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby jackassjim » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:49 pm

efelleman wrote:On a more humorous note though, the included flash drive which supposedly contains video interviews with students, faculty and alumni is empty and unformatted. Did anyone actually get one with anything on it?


I would have been happy to send you the movie, but unfortunately, I already formatted the flash drive to store documents on it, hehe.

Honestly, the video wasn't too interesting. It was a quick-paced montage of interviews, nothing in-depth, all saying Michigan was the greatest place. David Westin (President ABC news) says it opens many doors, a 2L who says he made lots of friends, Prof White (?) who says he throws away all his course notes after every class he gives, just to keep it fresh for next year.

You never hear anyone talk for more than 15 seconds, and it's all supported by bad string arrangements. Still, some might find it's a nice touch. I'm just happy to get the thumb drive as I kind of needed one for school stuff.

User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby panadera » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:53 pm

jackassjim wrote:
efelleman wrote:On a more humorous note though, the included flash drive which supposedly contains video interviews with students, faculty and alumni is empty and unformatted. Did anyone actually get one with anything on it?


I would have been happy to send you the movie, but unfortunately, I already formatted the flash drive to store documents on it, hehe.

Honestly, the video wasn't too interesting. It was a quick-paced montage of interviews, nothing in-depth, all saying Michigan was the greatest place. David Westin (President ABC news) says it opens many doors, a 2L who says he made lots of friends, Prof White (?) who says he throws away all his course notes after every class he gives, just to keep it fresh for next year.

You never hear anyone talk for more than 15 seconds, and it's all supported by bad string arrangements. Still, some might find it's a nice touch. I'm just happy to get the thumb drive as I kind of needed one for school stuff.


Plus, its linked under the "admissions communications" page.

How did you format it to hold documents? (If this is too off topic, could you pm me?)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eageragnostic, Google Adsense [Bot] and 11 guests