michigan 2010 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby starstruck393 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:33 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:For those of you that got financial aid, did it show the letter mailed date on the communications link on the admitted students page?


I think for most people, no, they just got a letter out of the blue...

orphanarium
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby orphanarium » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:18 pm

...
Last edited by orphanarium on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Shlonster
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Shlonster » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:47 pm

*
Last edited by Shlonster on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby calicocat » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:50 pm

Shlonster wrote:In as of today, snail mail, big envelope, comes with jump drive and portfolio/binder deal. Nice handwritten note from Dean Z, of course, which is a surprise because I know she is outta town doing the Truman stuff.... must have been sent off right before she left.

Status checker still at 2/22, complete. Doesn't say decision, and envelope is postmarked 2/22. Also, I live across the country.

I was a little worried about my cycle with a WL at Gtown, Duke, and UVa, but now I don't care anymore. I would gladly pay sticker at Mich (well... not gladly) Anyway, I'm excited!

3.3/170, fwiw.

Congrats! Can you get into the admitted students website?
Edit: nvm lol congrats!

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:57 pm

LOCI sent. Hopes are high.

User avatar
wakefield
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:45 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby wakefield » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:58 pm

Shlonster wrote:In as of today, snail mail, big envelope, comes with jump drive and portfolio/binder deal. Nice handwritten note from Dean Z, of course, which is a surprise because I know she is outta town doing the Truman stuff.... must have been sent off right before she left.

Status checker still at 2/22, complete. Doesn't say decision, and envelope is postmarked 2/22. Also, I live across the country.

I was a little worried about my cycle with a WL at Gtown, Duke, and UVa, but now I don't care anymore. I would gladly pay sticker at Mich (well... not gladly) Anyway, I'm excited!

3.3/170, fwiw.

edit: still can't log in to admitted students website, but I swear the letter is addressed to me and everything.....


Congrats! Did you write a Why Mich or any extra essays?

Now I'm going to really, really hope my status is stuck at 2/22 because an acceptance packet is on the way. : P

Torvon
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Torvon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:00 pm

Shlonster wrote:In as of today, snail mail, big envelope, comes with jump drive and portfolio/binder deal. Nice handwritten note from Dean Z, of course, which is a surprise because I know she is outta town doing the Truman stuff.... must have been sent off right before she left.

Status checker still at 2/22, complete. Doesn't say decision, and envelope is postmarked 2/22. Also, I live across the country.

I was a little worried about my cycle with a WL at Gtown, Duke, and UVa, but now I don't care anymore. I would gladly pay sticker at Mich (well... not gladly) Anyway, I'm excited!

3.3/170, fwiw.

edit: still can't log in to admitted students website, but I swear the letter is addressed to me and everything.....


Congratulations!
Last edited by Torvon on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:01 pm

Torvon wrote:
Shlonster wrote:In as of today, snail mail, big envelope, comes with jump drive and portfolio/binder deal. Nice handwritten note from Dean Z, of course, which is a surprise because I know she is outta town doing the Truman stuff.... must have been sent off right before she left.

Status checker still at 2/22, complete. Doesn't say decision, and envelope is postmarked 2/22. Also, I live across the country.

I was a little worried about my cycle with a WL at Gtown, Duke, and UVa, but now I don't care anymore. I would gladly pay sticker at Mich (well... not gladly) Anyway, I'm excited!

3.3/170, fwiw.

edit: still can't log in to admitted students website, but I swear the letter is addressed to me and everything.....


Congratulations! Can you get into the AS website?


wow, dude

Torvon
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Torvon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:02 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Torvon wrote:
Shlonster wrote:In as of today, snail mail, big envelope, comes with jump drive and portfolio/binder deal. Nice handwritten note from Dean Z, of course, which is a surprise because I know she is outta town doing the Truman stuff.... must have been sent off right before she left.

Status checker still at 2/22, complete. Doesn't say decision, and envelope is postmarked 2/22. Also, I live across the country.

I was a little worried about my cycle with a WL at Gtown, Duke, and UVa, but now I don't care anymore. I would gladly pay sticker at Mich (well... not gladly) Anyway, I'm excited!

3.3/170, fwiw.

edit: still can't log in to admitted students website, but I swear the letter is addressed to me and everything.....


Congratulations! Can you get into the AS website?


wow, dude


wow, dude

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:04 pm

Torvon wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
Torvon wrote:
Shlonster wrote:In as of today, snail mail, big envelope, comes with jump drive and portfolio/binder deal. Nice handwritten note from Dean Z, of course, which is a surprise because I know she is outta town doing the Truman stuff.... must have been sent off right before she left.

Status checker still at 2/22, complete. Doesn't say decision, and envelope is postmarked 2/22. Also, I live across the country.

I was a little worried about my cycle with a WL at Gtown, Duke, and UVa, but now I don't care anymore. I would gladly pay sticker at Mich (well... not gladly) Anyway, I'm excited!

3.3/170, fwiw.

edit: still can't log in to admitted students website, but I swear the letter is addressed to me and everything.....


Congratulations! Can you get into the AS website?


wow, dude


wow, dude


RC much?

Torvon
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Torvon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:06 pm

Helmholtz wrote:RC much?


Miss the LSAT forum much?

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby oneforship » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:07 pm

Shlonster wrote:In as of today, snail mail, big envelope, comes with jump drive and portfolio/binder deal. Nice handwritten note from Dean Z, of course, which is a surprise because I know she is outta town doing the Truman stuff.... must have been sent off right before she left.

Status checker still at 2/22, complete. Doesn't say decision, and envelope is postmarked 2/22. Also, I live across the country.

I was a little worried about my cycle with a WL at Gtown, Duke, and UVa, but now I don't care anymore. I would gladly pay sticker at Mich (well... not gladly) Anyway, I'm excited!

3.3/170, fwiw.

edit: still can't log in to admitted students website, but I swear the letter is addressed to me and everything.....


congrats dude, where do you live? crossing my fingers that mine just hasn't gotten here yet...

User avatar
Shlonster
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Shlonster » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:07 pm

wakefield wrote:
Shlonster wrote:In as of today, snail mail, big envelope, comes with jump drive and portfolio/binder deal. Nice handwritten note from Dean Z, of course, which is a surprise because I know she is outta town doing the Truman stuff.... must have been sent off right before she left.

Status checker still at 2/22, complete. Doesn't say decision, and envelope is postmarked 2/22. Also, I live across the country.

I was a little worried about my cycle with a WL at Gtown, Duke, and UVa, but now I don't care anymore. I would gladly pay sticker at Mich (well... not gladly) Anyway, I'm excited!

3.3/170, fwiw.

edit: still can't log in to admitted students website, but I swear the letter is addressed to me and everything.....


Congrats! Did you write a Why Mich or any extra essays?

Edit: Also, does anyone know how the scholarship info. at Mich works? Does it come with the packet, a couple weeks later.... I know, I could go searching through this thread for it but if anyone knows off the top of their dome, that'd be great.....

Now I'm going to really, really hope my status is stuck at 2/22 because an acceptance packet is on the way. : P


I did not write a Why Mich? but I did do two optional essays (#4 and #6, I believe) both of which I felt were mediocre at best, but honest. Good luck to you!
Last edited by Shlonster on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:07 pm

Torvon wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:RC much?


Miss the LSAT forum much?


not really

User avatar
Shlonster
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Shlonster » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:20 pm

Just to save me some time here... does anyone know how the scholly info. with UMich works? With the packet, a couple weeks later? Nothing at all for a bozo like me, or wat?

astro1819
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby astro1819 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:22 pm

Shlonster wrote:Just to save me some time here... does anyone know how the scholly info. with UMich works? With the packet, a couple weeks later? Nothing at all for a bozo like me, or wat?


Mine came one to two weeks after I received the acceptance package. The scholly letter arrives via snail mail. Good luck!!

User avatar
Shlonster
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Shlonster » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:32 pm

astro1819 wrote:
Shlonster wrote:Just to save me some time here... does anyone know how the scholly info. with UMich works? With the packet, a couple weeks later? Nothing at all for a bozo like me, or wat?


Mine came one to two weeks after I received the acceptance package. The scholly letter arrives via snail mail. Good luck!!


Thank ya much good sir!

User avatar
MF248
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:25 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby MF248 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:59 pm

Shlonster wrote:In as of today, snail mail, big envelope, comes with jump drive and portfolio/binder deal. Nice handwritten note from Dean Z, of course, which is a surprise because I know she is outta town doing the Truman stuff.... must have been sent off right before she left.

Status checker still at 2/22, complete. Doesn't say decision, and envelope is postmarked 2/22. Also, I live across the country.

I was a little worried about my cycle with a WL at Gtown, Duke, and UVa, but now I don't care anymore. I would gladly pay sticker at Mich (well... not gladly) Anyway, I'm excited!

3.3/170, fwiw.

edit: still can't log in to admitted students website, but I swear the letter is addressed to me and everything.....



Major congrats!

Btw, when did you originally go complete?

User avatar
DOOM
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby DOOM » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:41 am

MF248 wrote:
Shlonster wrote:In as of today, snail mail, big envelope, comes with jump drive and portfolio/binder deal. Nice handwritten note from Dean Z, of course, which is a surprise because I know she is outta town doing the Truman stuff.... must have been sent off right before she left.

Status checker still at 2/22, complete. Doesn't say decision, and envelope is postmarked 2/22. Also, I live across the country.

I was a little worried about my cycle with a WL at Gtown, Duke, and UVa, but now I don't care anymore. I would gladly pay sticker at Mich (well... not gladly) Anyway, I'm excited!

3.3/170, fwiw.

edit: still can't log in to admitted students website, but I swear the letter is addressed to me and everything.....



Major congrats!

Btw, when did you originally go complete?


I know it was the case a few pages back in the thread, but is everyone who is complete STILL stuck at 2/22?
Could there be a unique "stuck Complete at 2/22" batch?

User avatar
Shlonster
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Shlonster » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:54 am

DOOM wrote:
MF248 wrote:Major congrats!

Btw, when did you originally go complete?


I know it was the case a few pages back in the thread, but is everyone who is complete STILL stuck at 2/22?
Could there be a unique "stuck Complete at 2/22" batch?


Original complete: 2/10

My understanding of the 2/22 date is that Dean Z is out of town doing some Truman Award/Scholarship thing, not really sure what it is, so there isn't much movement going on w/status checkers. Total guess, however......

I tend to doubt that there is a "stuck at 2/22 batch" since I'm way across the country; there would have been some other admits on here talking about it if so.... not trying to be a downer or anything.

User avatar
DOOM
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby DOOM » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:04 am

Shlonster wrote:
DOOM wrote:
MF248 wrote:Major congrats!

Btw, when did you originally go complete?


I know it was the case a few pages back in the thread, but is everyone who is complete STILL stuck at 2/22?
Could there be a unique "stuck Complete at 2/22" batch?


Original complete: 2/10

My understanding of the 2/22 date is that Dean Z is out of town doing some Truman Award/Scholarship thing, not really sure what it is, so there isn't much movement going on w/status checkers. Total guess, however......

I tend to doubt that there is a "stuck at 2/22 batch" since I'm way across the country; there would have been some other admits on here talking about it if so.... not trying to be a downer or anything.


thanks! im still keeping hope though! :D

User avatar
Shlonster
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Shlonster » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:10 am

DOOM wrote:
Shlonster wrote:
DOOM wrote:
MF248 wrote:Major congrats!

Btw, when did you originally go complete?


I know it was the case a few pages back in the thread, but is everyone who is complete STILL stuck at 2/22?
Could there be a unique "stuck Complete at 2/22" batch?


Original complete: 2/10

My understanding of the 2/22 date is that Dean Z is out of town doing some Truman Award/Scholarship thing, not really sure what it is, so there isn't much movement going on w/status checkers. Total guess, however......

I tend to doubt that there is a "stuck at 2/22 batch" since I'm way across the country; there would have been some other admits on here talking about it if so.... not trying to be a downer or anything.


thanks! im still keeping hope though! :D


You're welcome... MF DOOM fan? Doomtree? P.O.S.? not hijacking the thread, just noticed the tar/name

User avatar
DOOM
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby DOOM » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:15 am

Shlonster wrote:You're welcome... MF DOOM fan? Doomtree? P.O.S.? not hijacking the thread, just noticed the tar/name


love MF DOOM. but he's an asshole. I was one of the suckers treated to a "doomposter" at the Chicago show. I was the most disappointed kid in the world. and i had a bad feeling the whole time going in. i'll no better next time. :(

User avatar
Shlonster
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Shlonster » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:28 am

DOOM wrote:
Shlonster wrote:You're welcome... MF DOOM fan? Doomtree? P.O.S.? not hijacking the thread, just noticed the tar/name


love MF DOOM. but he's an asshole. I was one of the suckers treated to a "doomposter" at the Chicago show. I was the most disappointed kid in the world. and i had a bad feeling the whole time going in. i'll no better next time. :(


Ouch... sorry, but everything he does is villain style..... :roll:

User avatar
ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby ccs224 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:02 am

Shlonster wrote:
DOOM wrote:
MF248 wrote:Major congrats!

Btw, when did you originally go complete?


I know it was the case a few pages back in the thread, but is everyone who is complete STILL stuck at 2/22?
Could there be a unique "stuck Complete at 2/22" batch?


Original complete: 2/10

My understanding of the 2/22 date is that Dean Z is out of town doing some Truman Award/Scholarship thing, not really sure what it is, so there isn't much movement going on w/status checkers. Total guess, however......

I tend to doubt that there is a "stuck at 2/22 batch" since I'm way across the country; there would have been some other admits on here talking about it if so.... not trying to be a downer or anything.


This is probably right, though it's a little insane that they might need the Dean to press whatever button that updates the status checkers on a daily basis. Does she come in on Saturdays to do this as well? Weird.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Automotomayor, Google [Bot], oliviaj_j, trohara14 and 24 guests