michigan 2010 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
calicocat

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby calicocat » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:31 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Me and the rest of the our club.

Oohhhh that explains all the creepy heavy breathing phone calls.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:35 pm

calicocat wrote:

No, that's someone else. We creep by snail mail.

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:36 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
calicocat wrote:

Just like Michigan, fitting. That was probably Desert Fox then.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:39 pm

calicocat wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
calicocat wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised if the whole BP thread did it. They don't let me play in their reindeer games :(

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:48 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
calicocat wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised if the whole BP thread did it. They don't let me play in their reindeer games :(

tbf, we're just really insecure.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:58 pm

calicocat wrote:lol people will believe anything

well done

so ridiculous. gives me some confidence going into law school though. maybe I can out smart some of em.

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:59 pm

Veritas wrote:

well done

so ridiculous. gives me some confidence going into law school though. maybe I can out smart some of em.

hai veri :oops:

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:00 pm

calicocat wrote:
Veritas wrote:

well done

:D hello, I heard you might be heating up Ithaca! Congrats!

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:05 pm

Time for me to lay in bed, watch West Wing, and hope I fall asleep at some point. Night guys!

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:07 pm

Veritas wrote:
calicocat wrote:
Veritas wrote:

well done

:D hello, I heard you might be heating up Ithaca! Congrats!

thanks love

bees

Postby bees » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:56 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:Time for me to lay in bed, watch West Wing, and hope I fall asleep at some point. Night guys!

Good call. I just finished Season 5. I have a hard time sitting myself down to watch sometimes because the end of Season 4 and Season 5 felt so different because of Sorkin leaving. I feel like it's starting to pick up a little more at least and I'm hoping Season 6 doesn't disappoint.

WhatUpKells

Postby WhatUpKells » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:01 pm

bees wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:Time for me to lay in bed, watch West Wing, and hope I fall asleep at some point. Night guys!

Good call. I just finished Season 5. I have a hard time sitting myself down to watch sometimes because the end of Season 4 and Season 5 felt so different because of Sorkin leaving. I feel like it's starting to pick up a little more at least and I'm hoping Season 6 doesn't disappoint.

Seasons 6 & 7 >>>>>> Season 5. The writing in the show was never as sharp or clever after Sorkin left, but the stories told in the last two seasons are superb. In season 5, I swear every single episode had scenes from the situation room to artificially ratchet up the drama.

Amelie

Postby Amelie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:04 pm

Last edited by Amelie on Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhatUpKells

Postby WhatUpKells » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:07 pm

maggiebre wrote:
WhatUpKells wrote:
bees wrote:

Seasons 6 & 7 >>>>>> Season 5. The writing in the show was never as sharp or clever after Sorkin left, but the stories told in the last two seasons are superb. In season 5, I swear every single episode had scenes from the situation room to artificially ratchet up the drama.

<3 the West Wing

Between that and your avatar, you clearly have decent taste in television.

bees

Postby bees » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:08 pm

WhatUpKells wrote:
bees wrote:

That's what I've heard and is the only reason I kept on through Season 5. Good call on the situation room...it got ridiculous.

Amelie

Postby Amelie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:12 pm

Last edited by Amelie on Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:55 am

Totally posted the West Wing thing in the wring thread, but I'm glad to see it sparked some discussion! Haha. And yes, seasons 6 and 7 are far superior to season 5. Although I never quite got over Sam leaving...

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:55 pm

please, please just update my status date so I know something is happening over there.

adameus

Postby adameus » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:23 pm

Dinged yesterday via mail. Saw the envelope fully expecting it to be an acceptance, but it was not.... ouch.

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:24 pm

adameus wrote:Dinged yesterday via mail. Saw the envelope fully expecting it to be an acceptance, but it was not.... ouch.

wtf? how did you get dinged?

adameus

Postby adameus » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:27 pm

oneforship wrote:
adameus wrote:Dinged yesterday via mail. Saw the envelope fully expecting it to be an acceptance, but it was not.... ouch.

No idea. But it sure hurt my confidence in my hope for a stanford acceptance. I was quite sure of my application strength after a number of strong acceptances and the only blemish being what appears to be a YP waitlist at Georgetown, but now this....

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:42 pm

adameus wrote:
oneforship wrote:

No idea. But it sure hurt my confidence in my hope for a stanford acceptance. I was quite sure of my application strength after a number of strong acceptances and the only blemish being what appears to be a YP waitlist at Georgetown, but now this....

Michigan seems like it can be finicky because of the review process and what Dean Z looks for in apps. May have just been something with which she took issue in the PS, no way to tell. Given the rest of your cycle, you probably shouldn't be too much more concerned with Stanford.

adameus

Postby adameus » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:47 pm

stratocophic wrote:
adameus wrote:
oneforship wrote:

Michigan seems like it can be finicky because of the review process and what Dean Z looks for in apps. May have just been something with which she took issue in the PS, no way to tell. Given the rest of your cycle, you probably shouldn't be too much more concerned with Stanford.

Thanks. Hopefully Dean Z sees what she is looking for in your app.

cavebat2000

Postby cavebat2000 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:56 pm

adameus wrote:
oneforship wrote:

Maybe admissions thought there was little chance you would go to Michigan anyway and so did some good ole YP. I can't imagine why else UoM would reject you, unless you got a skeleton in the closet. Of course, I'm not exactly a law school admissions officer, so my knowledge of what they are looking for is about 0.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:56 pm

adameus wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
adameus wrote:No idea. But it sure hurt my confidence in my hope for a stanford acceptance. I was quite sure of my application strength after a number of strong acceptances and the only blemish being what appears to be a YP waitlist at Georgetown, but now this....

Thanks. Hopefully Dean Z sees what she is looking for in your app.

Appreciated! I'd say I'm truly sorry, but I'd take your cycle in a heartbeat so my sympathy's (only slightly) limited, friend :wink:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”