michigan 2010 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby starstruck393 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:07 pm

wakefield wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
letsgojayhawks wrote:Is there an deadline by which Michigan has to give us some sort of decision? Or can we really just be complete until the summer? It's been nearly four months :(


I'm sure we will get a decision before the deposit deadline.



When is the deposit deadline?


April 15 I thought

User avatar
parker09
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:15 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby parker09 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:11 pm

This is super-much-belated, but I apparently got $45k. Was getting impatient... but I'm abroad and so far stuff has been taking 3-10 weeks to reach me via snail mail, so this came out in an email with the finaid office.

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby starstruck393 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:26 pm

parker09 wrote:This is super-much-belated, but I apparently got $45k. Was getting impatient... but I'm abroad and so far stuff has been taking 3-10 weeks to reach me via snail mail, so this came out in an email with the finaid office.


Congrats!

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Jericwithers » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:38 pm

parker09 wrote:This is super-much-belated, but I apparently got $45k. Was getting impatient... but I'm abroad and so far stuff has been taking 3-10 weeks to reach me via snail mail, so this came out in an email with the finaid office.


Good for you! I'm still very confused about why they haven't accepted me though.....

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby thalassocrat » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:06 pm

parker09 wrote:This is super-much-belated, but I apparently got $45k. Was getting impatient... but I'm abroad and so far stuff has been taking 3-10 weeks to reach me via snail mail, so this came out in an email with the finaid office.


Grats! Told ya so. :wink:

Also the deposit deadline is 30 Apr, for those who were asking.

mbv
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:03 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby mbv » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:12 am

Accepted today via snail mail packet !! :D

SO EXCITED!

Submitted app mid-december :: 168 :: 4.0 :: Non-URM

User avatar
bouakedojo
Posts: 321
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:08 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby bouakedojo » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:22 am

.
Last edited by bouakedojo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Olive
Posts: 1002
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Olive » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:46 am

Bou! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

<3

I'm still reading through her interview. Awesome.

User avatar
tomhobbes
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby tomhobbes » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:51 am

Is it true that Dean Zearfoss answered questions somewhere on this thread? Or somewhere else on TLS? If anyone knows what I'm talking about, could you point me towards it?

User avatar
Rand M.
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:24 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Rand M. » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:57 am

tomhobbes wrote:Is it true that Dean Zearfoss answered questions somewhere on this thread? Or somewhere else on TLS? If anyone knows what I'm talking about, could you point me towards it?


viewtopic.php?f=7&t=93171&start=1525

User avatar
tomhobbes
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby tomhobbes » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:02 pm

Rand M. wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:Is it true that Dean Zearfoss answered questions somewhere on this thread? Or somewhere else on TLS? If anyone knows what I'm talking about, could you point me towards it?


viewtopic.php?f=7&t=93171&start=1525


Thanks.

User avatar
JetstoRJC
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby JetstoRJC » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Nightrunner wrote:
bouakedojo wrote:Wow. Did someone in this thread call Dean Zearfoss last week?

Dean Zearfoss wrote:Right before lunch we got a call from an irate, really angry woman. She identified herself as a neighbor of an applicant who recently received a rejection letter from us – but this applicant had been wait listed at Penn and admitted to Columbia.

Anyway, she was demanding to know how that could have happened. She wouldn’t tell us the name of the applicant we supposedly denied – and even if she had, of course, we wouldn’t have discussed her file or entertained a conversation with her. But why I bring this up, is because she kept saying over and over, “Whatever you tell me, I’m posting on Top-Law-Schools.com.” Really, she kept repeating this. What I find interesting is how she was beating us over the head with this, as an explicit threat.


Source: http://www.admissionsdean.com/researchi ... h-zearfoss

:lol:


http://lawschoolnumbers.com/ybarkai/jd

maybe?

User avatar
TheSharklord
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:14 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby TheSharklord » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:07 pm

Shouldn't that person be complaining to Penn about only getting a WL when the applicant was admitted to Columbia?

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Jericwithers » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:24 pm

JetstoRJC wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/ybarkai/jd

maybe?


I like how that person ranked their schools exactly according to the school's actual rank lol. No loyalties or preferences, I like it.

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby starstruck393 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:15 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
JetstoRJC wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/ybarkai/jd

maybe?


I like how that person ranked their schools exactly according to the school's actual rank lol. No loyalties or preferences, I like it.


It's TLS, it's to be expected...

User avatar
AngryAvocado
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby AngryAvocado » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:19 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
JetstoRJC wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/ybarkai/jd

maybe?


I like how that person ranked their schools exactly according to the school's actual rank lol. No loyalties or preferences, I like it.


Subtle Berkeley trolling.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Jericwithers » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:23 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
JetstoRJC wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/ybarkai/jd

maybe?


I like how that person ranked their schools exactly according to the school's actual rank lol. No loyalties or preferences, I like it.


Subtle Berkeley trolling.


lol I didn't agree with him picking 1 over the other, but I guess if you see the two schools as identical then the weather is the only tie-breaker.

User avatar
AngryAvocado
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby AngryAvocado » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:28 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
AngryAvocado wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
JetstoRJC wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/ybarkai/jd

maybe?


I like how that person ranked their schools exactly according to the school's actual rank lol. No loyalties or preferences, I like it.


Subtle Berkeley trolling.


lol I didn't agree with him picking 1 over the other, but I guess if you see the two schools as identical then the weather is the only tie-breaker.


Subtler Berkeley trolling. How do you know he didn't just do it alphabetically?

AHA! CAUGHT IN A WEB OF LIES, ARE WE?

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Jericwithers » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:44 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
AngryAvocado wrote:Subtle Berkeley trolling.


lol I didn't agree with him picking 1 over the other, but I guess if you see the two schools as identical then the weather is the only tie-breaker.


Subtler Berkeley trolling. How do you know he didn't just do it alphabetically?

AHA! CAUGHT IN A WEB OF LIES, ARE WE?


I guess reality trolls Berkley too, then. Also, it can't be alphabetically or else he would have picked Duke over NU for the #10 spot. Yet it can't be weather or anti-Chicago trolling either. I see no logic to his school selection.

User avatar
AngryAvocado
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby AngryAvocado » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:47 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
AngryAvocado wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
AngryAvocado wrote:Subtle Berkeley trolling.


lol I didn't agree with him picking 1 over the other, but I guess if you see the two schools as identical then the weather is the only tie-breaker.


Subtler Berkeley trolling. How do you know he didn't just do it alphabetically?

AHA! CAUGHT IN A WEB OF LIES, ARE WE?


I guess reality trolls Berkley too, then. Also, it can't be alphabetically or else he would have picked Duke over NU for the #10 spot. Yet it can't be weather or anti-Chicago trolling either. I see no logic to his school selection.


Fair points. I concede.

Well played, secret Berkeley troll. But I'll be watching you.

Edit: Yes, I've been drinking and watching curling all day.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Jericwithers » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:19 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:Well played, secret Berkeley troll. But I'll be watching you.

Edit: Yes, I've been drinking and watching curling all day.


You must have me confused with a Californian, as they are the only ones who would possibly troll Berkeley. I've been doing a little curling of my own today aka swept my porch.

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby tamlyric » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:55 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
AngryAvocado wrote:Well played, secret Berkeley troll. But I'll be watching you.

Edit: Yes, I've been drinking and watching curling all day.


You must have me confused with a Californian, as they are the only ones who would possibly troll Berkeley. I've been doing a little curling of my own today aka swept my porch.


Every time I see that avatar (of Larry David) I cannot help but crack up. :lol:

P.S. Curling FTW!

kingsmill
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:49 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby kingsmill » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:32 pm

Bad news strikes again.

Rejected from UMich, which I am attending right now as a master student.

Don't have the slightest idea why.

PS: numbers are 179(first time 167), undergrad abroad. Application sent mid Jan.

User avatar
IHaveDietMoxie
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:54 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby IHaveDietMoxie » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:21 pm

kingsmill wrote:Bad news strikes again.

Rejected from UMich, which I am attending right now as a master student.

Don't have the slightest idea why.

PS: numbers are 179(first time 167), undergrad abroad. Application sent mid Jan.


probably yp, did you write any supplemental essays?

kingsmill
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:49 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby kingsmill » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:29 pm

IHaveDietMoxie wrote:
kingsmill wrote:Bad news strikes again.

Rejected from UMich, which I am attending right now as a master student.

Don't have the slightest idea why.

PS: numbers are 179(first time 167), undergrad abroad. Application sent mid Jan.


probably yp, did you write any supplemental essays?


Well I submitted a diversity essay since I'm asian.

However, it's definitely not YP because I have very very low undergrad GPA(72/100), and my graduate score isn't that good either. I got the feeling that it is because of the GPA. But as low as my undergrad GPA is, they admitted me as a master student. Maybe graduate school and law school don't share the same principles. I really love AA, Umich, and this rejection hurts, a lot.

And now I'm really worried about my chances at other T14 schools.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, ec333, myronbolitar, oliviaj_j, potterotter and 19 guests