questions wrote: starstruck393 wrote:
questions wrote:Questions about merit aid:
- Do scholarships come with the initial acceptance mailing, or later?
- Is there a way to check for $$ online before the initial mailing gets here?
They come later. It doesn't seem to show up online, at least not yet...
- How long before scholarship info usually comes?
- Does it come by mail, email, or phone?
- Is it still possible for those admitted this week to get a Darrow?
It's typically a few weeks. Reg scholarship offers come via mail, Darrow invites by email, and I think Darrow awards by phone. It's possible I guess, but not super likely. If you think your numbers and softs would make you competitive for one, when did you apply? If you've been waiting awhile (they couldn't make a quick decision to admit you), it doesn't seem like you would be strongly considered for a Darrow. If you applied late, that's another story. However, if you're numbers would put you in Darrow range, you still stand a very good chance of getting a Dean's Scholarship, likely $67k, which is half tuition (not that bad when you think about it like that, although certainly not full plus stipend...)