michigan 2010 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:21 pm

What's your move Michigan? Waiting patiently, but if you are tryng to let me down easy just do it this week.

ecofreak
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:15 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby ecofreak » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:22 pm

Did anyone else get a handwritten note on their rejection letter encouraging them to reapply? I don't know how common/sincere that is.

User avatar
tallboone
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 12:27 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby tallboone » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:25 pm

ecofreak wrote:Did anyone else get a handwritten note on their rejection letter encouraging them to reapply? I don't know how common/sincere that is.

Never heard of that. What exactly did it say? That sounds promising!

User avatar
Aeon
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Aeon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:06 pm

booboo wrote:
Forcier wrote:Figure this group might know...

I plan on applying ED to Umich in the fall. Is there any benefit to having everything in on Sept 1st instead of Nov 1st? Website says they start accepting them Sept 1st but can't start reviewing until early November. Is there any "top of the pile" advantage by being an early ED? I may want to take the Oct LSAT instead of the June if there is no difference.


Not sure about the top of the pile mentality.

I would suggest, though, to take the June LSAT if possible. Having September as a backup preserves your chances of applying ED if the situation arises.

I agree that taking the June LSAT really leaves you with plenty of room to maneuver should you need to retake. Plus, you can get the exam out of the way earlier.

I don't think that applying earlier or later has a marked difference on your chances for ED admission, but it feels good to have your applications in some time ahead of the deadline. Plus, if you need to submit further documentation, you have enough of a time buffer to get that done.

User avatar
hiromoto45
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby hiromoto45 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:45 pm

Does the status checker go to decision even if you get waitlisted?

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Veritas » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:49 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:Does the status checker go to decision even if you get waitlisted?

it changes to "WL offer extended"

User avatar
Lieut Kaffee
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:49 pm

Regarding the theory of "decision" + inability to log in = rejection...

I wish I remembered whose page it was so I could link it, but I was browsing LSN earlier and the guy's running commentary had something to this effect, and then dated a few days later was news that he had been admitted with $$.

Just saying, I'm pretty sure a delay between your "decision" and your ability to log in doesn't NECESSARILY imply you are rejected. Can anyone corroborate this? It seems this thread has been operating under this belief since I can remember.

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby starstruck393 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:56 pm

LieutKaffee wrote:Regarding the theory of "decision" + inability to log in = rejection...

I wish I remembered whose page it was so I could link it, but I was browsing LSN earlier and the guy's running commentary had something to this effect, and then dated a few days later was news that he had been admitted with $$.

Just saying, I'm pretty sure a delay between your "decision" and your ability to log in doesn't NECESSARILY imply you are rejected. Can anyone corroborate this? It seems this thread has been operating under this belief since I can remember.


Although it's not a good sign to have that happen, since the site isn't meant to be a way to receive your admission, I think it's conceivable that there could just be a delay in getting it updated

User avatar
SweetrollStealer
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:48 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby SweetrollStealer » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:04 pm

Just got my admit packet!! wooohooo!!

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby tamlyric » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:12 pm

nhop wrote:Just got my admit packet!! wooohooo!!


Congrats! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:38 pm

Received official letter...dinged.

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby booboo » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:50 pm

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:Received official letter...dinged.


Just not the kind of URM they are looking for (one who has numbers to be competitive without the boost.)

:P, enjoy your other acceptances.

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:14 pm

booboo wrote:
Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:Received official letter...dinged.


Just not the kind of URM they are looking for (one who has numbers to be competitive without the boost.)

:P, enjoy your other acceptances.


I'm sorry, what?

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby booboo » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:16 pm

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:
booboo wrote:
Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:Received official letter...dinged.


Just not the kind of URM they are looking for (one who has numbers to be competitive without the boost.)

:P, enjoy your other acceptances.


I'm sorry, what?


Nothing, half the things I say are fudged in some way. :/.

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:18 pm

booboo wrote:
Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:
booboo wrote:
Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:Received official letter...dinged.


Just not the kind of URM they are looking for (one who has numbers to be competitive without the boost.)

:P, enjoy your other acceptances.


I'm sorry, what?


Nothing, half the things I say are fudged in some way. :/.


Oh...I perceived as an insult of some kind...clearly I was off base. Reading comp fail.
Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby oneforship » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:Oh...I perceived as an insult of some kind...clearly I was off base.


I think he was trying to say you were competitive without a URM boost, therefore you weren't the URM they were looking for?

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:20 pm

oneforship wrote:
Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:Oh...I perceived as an insult of some kind...clearly I was off base. Reading Comp fail.


I think he was trying to say you were competitive without a URM boost, therefore you weren't the URM they were looking for?


I realized that...after I posted "I'm sorry, what?". then I felt like I needed to explain why I had posted that. Reading comp fail.

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby booboo » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:28 pm

oneforship wrote:
Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:Oh...I perceived as an insult of some kind...clearly I was off base.


I think he was trying to say you were competitive without a URM boost, therefore you weren't the URM they were looking for?


:).

I am patiently waiting ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKRnM5sHZck ) for my rejection, sigh.

aimhigh09
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:43 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby aimhigh09 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:37 pm

Did anyone else's status date never update today? Mine still says Feb 12. Weird.

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby booboo » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:39 pm

aimhigh09 wrote:Did anyone else's status date never update today? Mine still says Feb 12. Weird.


Here.

Rawlsian
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Rawlsian » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:01 pm

booboo wrote:
aimhigh09 wrote:Did anyone else's status date never update today? Mine still says Feb 12. Weird.


Here.


Yea, still 2/12 for me as well.

User avatar
hiromoto45
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby hiromoto45 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:28 pm

Rawlsian wrote:
booboo wrote:
aimhigh09 wrote:Did anyone else's status date never update today? Mine still says Feb 12. Weird.


Here.


Yea, still 2/12 for me as well.


Does it update on weekends?

aimhigh09
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:43 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby aimhigh09 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:31 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:
Rawlsian wrote:
booboo wrote:
aimhigh09 wrote:Did anyone else's status date never update today? Mine still says Feb 12. Weird.


Here.


Yea, still 2/12 for me as well.


Does it update on weekends?


I think it usually updates every day except Sundays.

dream
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:35 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby dream » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:40 pm

How long does it take from time of submission until you get acknowledgement of your application? I sent it in 1-17-10 so I don't want to annoy the admissions committee but I still have not received an email for my status checker. Is this normal? Thanks!

User avatar
hiromoto45
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby hiromoto45 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:42 pm

dream wrote:How long does it take from time of submission until you get acknowledgement of your application? I sent it in 1-17-10 so I don't want to annoy the admissions committee but I still have not received an email for my status checker. Is this normal? Thanks!



At least six weeks for a status checker




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”