michigan 2010 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Aeon
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Aeon » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:58 pm

hykang wrote:IN today via regular mail!! SO EXCITED! First T-10 acceptance of the cycle and I'm very happy about it.

Nice little note on the bottom of my acceptance from Dean Z as well.

I submitted and was complete at the end of October. Last I checked, my status checker was still at 'complete'. I got the pseudo-hold email a week or two ago as well.

Congrats! :D

Major congratulations to everyone else who received good news from Michigan today, too. :)

xcountryjunkie
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby xcountryjunkie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:00 pm

hykang wrote:IN today via regular mail!! SO EXCITED! First T-10 acceptance of the cycle and I'm very happy about it.

Nice little note on the bottom of my acceptance from Dean Z as well.

I submitted and was complete at the end of October. Last I checked, my status checker was still at 'complete'. I got the pseudo-hold email a week or two ago as well.



Congrats! Missed this on my first read through the thread... the pretty pictures distracted me :wink:

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Kretzy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:23 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
xcountryjunkie wrote:
tamlyric wrote:
Tangerine Gleam wrote:
It will be an epic Obama Admin fail if DADT is still in place by the time you graduate law school.


+1,000,000


BAM!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/27/ ... tml?hpt=T1


Kind of thought that would happen. He has to do something to please his base. Here's hoping they can do it.


Obviously this makes me happy for very selfish reasons, but it's just good policy. Happy to see them (and Gen. Shalikashvili) taking a stand.

xcountryjunkie
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby xcountryjunkie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:36 pm

Kretzy wrote:
Obviously this makes me happy for very selfish reasons, but it's just good policy. Happy to see them (and Gen. Shalikashvili) taking a stand.


Kudos for being far better at spelling than I am! Must be why you've gotten in everywhere :wink:

User avatar
ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby ccs224 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:38 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
Tangerine Gleam wrote:


Kind of thought that would happen. He has to do something to please his base. Here's hoping they can do it.


Though it should be noted that this is kind of a cop-out and probably a strategy Obama is using to deflect any potential backlash onto the Congress. Obama does not need to ask Congress to repeal DADT; he can do it very simply himself with an executive order, and he's not up for reelection next year, making an executive order a much more realistic way of getting rid of DADT, if he really wanted to.

RhubarbPie
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby RhubarbPie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:03 pm

xcountryjunkie wrote:
hykang wrote:IN today via regular mail!! SO EXCITED! First T-10 acceptance of the cycle and I'm very happy about it.

Nice little note on the bottom of my acceptance from Dean Z as well.

I submitted and was complete at the end of October. Last I checked, my status checker was still at 'complete'. I got the pseudo-hold email a week or two ago as well.



Congrats! Missed this on my first read through the thread... the pretty pictures distracted me :wink:


Aeon wrote:
hykang wrote:IN today via regular mail!! SO EXCITED! First T-10 acceptance of the cycle and I'm very happy about it.

Nice little note on the bottom of my acceptance from Dean Z as well.

I submitted and was complete at the end of October. Last I checked, my status checker was still at 'complete'. I got the pseudo-hold email a week or two ago as well.

Congrats! :D

Major congratulations to everyone else who received good news from Michigan today, too. :)



Thanks! I'm still so excited. And actually, after I saw the pictures in this thread, I googled more pictures, and WOW! It looks amazing! Hoping to be able to go for a visit.

peanutbutter
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:55 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby peanutbutter » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:20 am

Could I be the first on here to be placed on Michigan's waitlist?

Tonight my status checker says:

Decision Plan: Regular Decision Last Updated: Jan 26 2010

Status: Waitlist Offer Extended


I haven't received an email from them indicating this change in status, but I did get that general application status mass email from the dean a couple of weeks back.

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7124
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby los blancos » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:22 am

How long after submitting does it typically take to get a status checker?

LS18
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:20 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby LS18 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:47 am

boilercat wrote:How long after submitting does it typically take to get a status checker?


It took me about 5 weeks and I applied in November. From what I've read from this thread, 3-5 weeks is fairly typical.

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6400
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby 5ky » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:50 am

peanutbutter wrote:Could I be the first on here to be placed on Michigan's waitlist?

Tonight my status checker says:

Decision Plan: Regular Decision Last Updated: Jan 26 2010

Status: Waitlist Offer Extended


I haven't received an email from them indicating this change in status, but I did get that general application status mass email from the dean a couple of weeks back.


Not sure why nobody has responded to this but...it would appear as though, yes, you are one of the first to be WLed by Michigan. I went and checked mine, but it still says boring old "complete."

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby calicocat » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:06 am

boilercat wrote:How long after submitting does it typically take to get a status checker?

one month for me

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby calicocat » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:11 am

peanutbutter wrote:Could I be the first on here to be placed on Michigan's waitlist?

Tonight my status checker says:

Decision Plan: Regular Decision Last Updated: Jan 26 2010

Status: Waitlist Offer Extended


I haven't received an email from them indicating this change in status, but I did get that general application status mass email from the dean a couple of weeks back.


stats? If you don't mind :)

User avatar
TWoodWil
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:19 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby TWoodWil » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:12 am

Oli wrote:
boilercat wrote:How long after submitting does it typically take to get a status checker?

one month for me


Seven weeks for me, but that was do to a freak error on their end that the Admissions Office said they'd never seen before.

User avatar
holydonkey
Posts: 1184
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby holydonkey » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:45 am

So assuming no one updated again today? I'm still at 1/26.

WhatUpKells
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby WhatUpKells » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am

holydonkey wrote:So assuming no one updated again today? I'm still at 1/26.


+1

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby oneforship » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:52 am

WhatUpKells wrote:
holydonkey wrote:So assuming no one updated again today? I'm still at 1/26.


+1


+2. Wondering if my WL notification is coming soon.

xcountryjunkie
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby xcountryjunkie » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:01 am

oneforship wrote:
WhatUpKells wrote:
holydonkey wrote:So assuming no one updated again today? I'm still at 1/26.


+1


+2. Wondering if my WL notification is coming soon.


+3. Hope not!

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:07 am

xcountryjunkie wrote:
oneforship wrote:
WhatUpKells wrote:
holydonkey wrote:So assuming no one updated again today? I'm still at 1/26.


+1


+2. Wondering if my WL notification is coming soon.


+3. Hope not!


+4 I will not be holding on to that WL.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:08 am

My update date just disappeared and I get red text when I go to the Admitted Students site, but different red text that says computer error..

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:10 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:My update date just disappeared and I get red text when I go to the Admitted Students site, but different red text that says computer error..


Maybe call them and ask what's up?

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby oneforship » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:10 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:My update date just disappeared and I get red text when I go to the Admitted Students site, but different red text that says computer error..


I think that may be a good sign...?

My update date is back, 1/28, and regular old red text. :(

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:10 am

Helmholtz wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:My update date just disappeared and I get red text when I go to the Admitted Students site, but different red text that says computer error..


Maybe call them and ask what's up?


Is your date still there?

chucky721
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 4:15 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby chucky721 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:11 am

updated to today's date

User avatar
holydonkey
Posts: 1184
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby holydonkey » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:11 am

Crap. Just updated to 1/28.

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby oneforship » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:11 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:My update date just disappeared and I get red text when I go to the Admitted Students site, but different red text that says computer error..


Maybe call them and ask what's up?


Is your date still there?


I wouldn't call, that started a shit storm last time.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga and 11 guests