michigan 2010 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
stopscreaming
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:20 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby stopscreaming » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:33 pm

poprox wrote:
stopscreaming wrote:Dr 1/11. Just received an admissions packet today. So there is indeed hope for all you 1/11ers out there.


You must have been typing at the same time as me - can you login to Michigan's ASW?


Yes, I couldn't do so yesterday morning but I have been able to since last night at around 8:00 PM.

User avatar
poprox
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby poprox » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:34 pm

stopscreaming wrote:
poprox wrote:
stopscreaming wrote:Dr 1/11. Just received an admissions packet today. So there is indeed hope for all you 1/11ers out there.


You must have been typing at the same time as me - can you login to Michigan's ASW?


Yes, I couldn't do so yesterday morning but I have been able to since last night at around 8:00 PM.


Cool, yesterday morning did you get a big error message page? Or a small paragraph of red-colored text saying there were two reasons you might not be able to login

stopscreaming
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:20 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby stopscreaming » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:37 pm

poprox wrote:
stopscreaming wrote:
poprox wrote:
stopscreaming wrote:Dr 1/11. Just received an admissions packet today. So there is indeed hope for all you 1/11ers out there.


You must have been typing at the same time as me - can you login to Michigan's ASW?


Yes, I couldn't do so yesterday morning but I have been able to since last night at around 8:00 PM.


Cool, yesterday morning did you get a big error message page? Or a small paragraph of red-colored text saying there were two reasons you might not be able to login



Big error message.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:38 pm

stopscreaming wrote:Big error message.


Yeah, that doesn't give any of us any hope. We're getting the red text.

mlipsco
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:15 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby mlipsco » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:39 pm

DR 1/12 and nothing in the mail today...Also getting the red text when attempting to log in to ASW.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby finalaspects » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:39 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
stopscreaming wrote:Big error message.


Yeah, that doesn't give any of us any hope. We're getting the red text.


yes gg guys. i'll be waiting for my rejection snail mail for the rest of the week.

stopscreaming
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:20 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby stopscreaming » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:45 pm

finalaspects wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
stopscreaming wrote:Big error message.


Yeah, that doesn't give any of us any hope. We're getting the red text.


yes gg guys. i'll be waiting for my rejection snail mail for the rest of the week.


Reprising my role as Captain Sunshine, LSN shows mostly acceptances for 1/11.

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby starstruck393 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:02 pm

I still maintain that panic is unjustified until rejections start showing up...

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby finalaspects » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:08 pm

starstruck393 wrote:I still maintain that panic is unjustified until rejections start showing up...


there are a few showing already... check out LSN most of the rejections being posted up in a matter of the last 2 days.

Slyjoker87
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 3:44 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Slyjoker87 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:11 pm

Got my ding via e-mail after I requested a change of address.

Yep, GG UM.

Good luck to those who got in!

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby finalaspects » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:13 pm

Slyjoker87 wrote:Got my ding via e-mail after I requested a change of address.

Yep, GG UM.

Good luck to those who got in!


when did your status change to DR?

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Unitas » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:14 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Slyjoker87 wrote:Got my ding via e-mail after I requested a change of address.

Yep, GG UM.

Good luck to those who got in!


when did your status change to DR?


Sly is a 1/11 so yea we probably all got rejected. Just waiting for the letter.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby SanBun » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:17 pm

Kakarot wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
Slyjoker87 wrote:Got my ding via e-mail after I requested a change of address.

Yep, GG UM.

Good luck to those who got in!


when did your status change to DR?


Sly is a 1/11 so yea we probably all got rejected. Just waiting for the letter.


How to know a school rejected you-

a method to supposedly reduce anxiety (i.e. changing the status checker to decision when they expect you to receive your letter) doesn't seem to apply to you for some mysterious reason, while accepted students receive letter on same day or next day.

(I live in the Chicago area. Decision 1/11)

Slyjoker87
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 3:44 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Slyjoker87 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:20 pm

1-11, no ASW just the red text..

Sorry to crush everyone's hopes.

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Unitas » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:22 pm

SanBun wrote:
Kakarot wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
Slyjoker87 wrote:Got my ding via e-mail after I requested a change of address.

Yep, GG UM.

Good luck to those who got in!


when did your status change to DR?


Sly is a 1/11 so yea we probably all got rejected. Just waiting for the letter.


How to know a school rejected you-

a method to supposedly reduce anxiety (i.e. changing the status checker to decision when they expect you to receive your letter) doesn't seem to apply to you for some mysterious reason, while accepted students receive letter on same day or next day.

(I live in the Chicago area. Decision 1/11)


We should all e-mail them and have them change our address just to get a decision....

Why can't they just take the 10 seconds and no cost to send a rejection e-mail?

Slyjoker87
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 3:44 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Slyjoker87 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 pm

As far as getting your decision faster, I legit moved. I don't know if mass e-mailing for change of address will work. Although, they do save postage if they have already sent it to the "old" address. Funny eh?

I was expecting a ding with my numbers.


I can't say I know wtf is going on except that YP may be in effect?

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby SanBun » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:26 pm

quote="Kakarot"]
SanBun wrote:
Kakarot wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
Slyjoker87 wrote:Got my ding via e-mail after I requested a change of address.

Yep, GG UM.

Good luck to those who got in!


when did your status change to DR?


Sly is a 1/11 so yea we probably all got rejected. Just waiting for the letter.


How to know a school rejected you-

a method to supposedly reduce anxiety (i.e. changing the status checker to decision when they expect you to receive your letter) doesn't seem to apply to you for some mysterious reason, while accepted students receive letter on same day or next day.

(I live in the Chicago area. Decision 1/11)


We should all e-mail them and have them change our address just to get a decision....

Why can't they just take the 10 seconds and no cost to send a rejection e-mail?[/quote]


Because no school cares about rejects. I don't mean this in a negative way, it's just a fact of life- they'd rather get their acceptances out so they can hook people/ get faster responses to gauge yield. I'm sure Mich admissions people are great and all, but they too are just a school- they have to select their priorities

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Unitas » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:28 pm

Slyjoker87 wrote:As far as getting your decision faster, I legit moved. I don't know if mass e-mailing for change of address will work. Although, they do save postage if they have already sent it to the "old" address. Funny eh?

I was expecting a ding with my numbers.


I can't say I know wtf is going on except that YP may be in effect?


YP involves using a waitlist not a rejection. I looked through LSN and it appears a few people each year get rejected with my numbers and end up at Chicago or Columbia. Strange though.

SanBun wrote:Because no school cares about rejects. I don't mean this in a negative way, it's just a fact of life- they'd rather get their acceptances out so they can hook people/ get faster responses to gauge yield. I'm sure Mich admissions people are great and all, but they too are just a school- they have to select their priorities



Sanbun, That is my point, why bother making someone wait for a rejection letter? Just get it over with. It'll be my first, hopefully only.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby SanBun » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:30 pm

Kakarot wrote:
Slyjoker87 wrote:As far as getting your decision faster, I legit moved. I don't know if mass e-mailing for change of address will work. Although, they do save postage if they have already sent it to the "old" address. Funny eh?

I was expecting a ding with my numbers.


I can't say I know wtf is going on except that YP may be in effect?


YP involves using a waitlist not a rejection. I looked through LSN and it appears a few people each year get rejected with my numbers and end up at Chicago or Columbia. Strange though.

SanBun wrote:Because no school cares about rejects. I don't mean this in a negative way, it's just a fact of life- they'd rather get their acceptances out so they can hook people/ get faster responses to gauge yield. I'm sure Mich admissions people are great and all, but they too are just a school- they have to select their priorities



Sanbun, That is my point, why bother making someone wait for a rejection letter? Just get it over with. It'll be my first, hopefully only.


I dunno, they're probably stuck on the paper system and won't bother changing it for the convenience of us rejects

(lol how awful does that sound. it's true tho and I've come to embrace my failures and feel comfortable as a reject)

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Unitas » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:40 pm

SanBun wrote:
Kakarot wrote:
Slyjoker87 wrote:As far as getting your decision faster, I legit moved. I don't know if mass e-mailing for change of address will work. Although, they do save postage if they have already sent it to the "old" address. Funny eh?

I was expecting a ding with my numbers.


I can't say I know wtf is going on except that YP may be in effect?


YP involves using a waitlist not a rejection. I looked through LSN and it appears a few people each year get rejected with my numbers and end up at Chicago or Columbia. Strange though.

SanBun wrote:Because no school cares about rejects. I don't mean this in a negative way, it's just a fact of life- they'd rather get their acceptances out so they can hook people/ get faster responses to gauge yield. I'm sure Mich admissions people are great and all, but they too are just a school- they have to select their priorities



Sanbun, That is my point, why bother making someone wait for a rejection letter? Just get it over with. It'll be my first, hopefully only.


I dunno, they're probably stuck on the paper system and won't bother changing it for the convenience of us rejects

(lol how awful does that sound. it's true tho and I've come to embrace my failures and feel comfortable as a reject)


You're a girl?

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby SanBun » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:42 pm

Kakarot wrote:You're a girl?


yeah, why?

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Unitas » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:53 pm

SanBun wrote:
Kakarot wrote:You're a girl?


yeah, why?


Avatar doesn't scream girl to me... Read your posts for a while now and never knew you weren't a guy.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby SanBun » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:55 pm

Kakarot wrote:
SanBun wrote:
Kakarot wrote:You're a girl?


yeah, why?


Avatar doesn't scream girl to me... Read your posts for a while now and never knew you weren't a guy.


haha YES I like messin with people
haha jk
no I'm just a huge Rilke fan, but yeah my avatar looks nothing like me

jc1988
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:03 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby jc1988 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:01 pm

Slyjoker87 wrote:Got my ding via e-mail after I requested a change of address.

Yep, GG UM.

Good luck to those who got in!


why don't you just stab me in the heart...

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:14 pm

jc1988 wrote:
Slyjoker87 wrote:Got my ding via e-mail after I requested a change of address.

Yep, GG UM.

Good luck to those who got in!


why don't you just stab me in the heart...


Because its easier to do it in your back? Just imagine if you turn up getting accepted; the joy will be that much better!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”