michigan 2010 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
robin600

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby robin600 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:26 pm

Ragged wrote:I sent my apps on Dec 7 and received a notification of receipt on Dec 11, but have not heard anything since then. No status checker, no complete, no nothing... should I email them about it?

Mine took 8 weeks be patient, emailing them won't do any good.

holborn

Postby holborn » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:27 pm

Ragged wrote:I sent my apps on Dec 7 and received a notification of receipt on Dec 11, but have not heard anything since then. No status checker, no complete, no nothing... should I email them about it?

I'm in the same boat. I was going to email them, then realized I didnt know what to say in the email without sounding bitchy and demanding. Since its been over a month and they say 3 weeks, I think its fine to email. Just don't know how to word it...

bighead715

Postby bighead715 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:27 pm

this is officially the most neurotic thread of the month

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:27 pm

robin600 wrote:

Mine took 8 weeks be patient, emailing them won't do any good.

ok, thanks for advice

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:29 pm

boney09 wrote:no mine goes to like a green screen and says access denied ://

ok, now i know I'm out

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:30 pm

julesm2200 wrote:

I'm in the same boat. I was going to email them, then realized I didnt know what to say in the email without sounding bitchy and demanding. Since its been over a month and they say 3 weeks, I think its fine to email. Just don't know how to word it...

I was gonna say something to the extent of "where is my fucking email you assholes... I'm ADMIT at your shitty TTT according to LSP, tbh I'd never even go even if admitted so fuck you..." and then close up with a thank you and apologies for any inconvenience.

holborn

Postby holborn » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:33 pm

Ragged wrote:
julesm2200 wrote:

I was gonna say something to the extent of "where is my fucking email you assholes... I'm ADMIT at your shitty TTT according to LSP, tbh I'd never even go even if admitted so fuck you..." and then close up with a thank you and apologies for any inconvenience.

hmm I think youre onto something there. Great opening. Closing could use a bit of work. haha

ccs224

Postby ccs224 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:35 pm

julesm2200 wrote:

It took me forever to get mine (about five weeks), but if you want to send an email, just let them know that you submitted on x date, have not received access to the status checker or any update on your application, and would like to know when to expect access or if they need any further information regarding your application.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:40 pm

parker09 wrote:I've been in since November, and I can't log in... but it takes me to a site with a whole different color scheme/layout that reads:

"Error: Access Denied

Current User
You are currently signed in as: ########

Sign in as a different user
Request access"

Woah, yeah, the error screen is crazy. The AS site had nothing even like that layout before today.

--ImageRemoved--

starstruck393

Postby starstruck393 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:51 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
parker09 wrote:I've been in since November, and I can't log in... but it takes me to a site with a whole different color scheme/layout that reads:

Current User

Request access"

Woah, yeah, the error screen is crazy. The AS site had nothing even like that layout before today.

--ImageRemoved--

I've seen that at random times before. It's a default Microsoft view, and just means that the access part of the site is down. Maybe they took it down to fix it; it's been acting weird for awhile for many of us, like not showing any admissions communications listed...

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:52 pm

starstruck393 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

Current User

Request access"

I've seen that at random times before. It's a default Microsoft view, and just means that the access part of the site is down. Maybe they took it down to fix it; it's been acting weird for awhile for many of us, like not showing any admissions communications listed...

Which could be why the 1/11's can't log in, I am just saying it is possible. Unlikely, but possible.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:04 pm

nothing in the mail today.

calgal17

Postby calgal17 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:04 pm

I got the email too. It's a reach school for me so I was excited by it. I took it as they already looked at it once and thought I was worthy to give it another look. Try a little optimism guys. :D

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:05 pm

wait , so did we establish that there's a difference between the error screen v. the message in red, or is it the same? could there be a difference based on browsers/ operating systems? Im using Mozilla and Safari on a Mac??????

Kakarot wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

Current User

Request access"

Which could be why the 1/11's can't log in, I am just saying it is possible. Unlikely, but possible.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:06 pm

SanBun wrote:wait , so did we establish that there's a difference between the error screen v. the message in red, or is it the same? could there be a difference based on browsers/ operating systems? Im using Mozilla and Safari on a Mac??????

The error screen seems to happen for people who've been admitted and I'm assuming the red text are for people who haven't.

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:07 pm

got my email

mayosmith

Postby mayosmith » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:08 pm

Helmholtz wrote:The error screen seems to happen for people who've been admitted and I'm assuming the red text are for people who haven't.

I'm admitted, I'm not getting an error screen.

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:08 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
SanBun wrote:wait , so did we establish that there's a difference between the error screen v. the message in red, or is it the same? could there be a difference based on browsers/ operating systems? Im using Mozilla and Safari on a Mac??????

The error screen seems to happen for people who've been admitted and I'm assuming the red text are for people who haven't.

FML. my life is going down the drain recently. i should be super depressed but I'm on really strong pain killers because of my knee injury, which means i feel nothing at this point.

GobiasIndustries

Postby GobiasIndustries » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:09 pm

I bet they're screwing with the AS site on purpose. Then coming here, laughing at everyone, messing around with the site some more....that'd be awesome, actually. Well, sort of.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:10 pm

mayosmith wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:The error screen seems to happen for people who've been admitted and I'm assuming the red text are for people who haven't.

All error screens happening for people admitted didn't mean to imply all admitted people were getting the error screen. Unless you're getting the red text, then I'm thoroughly confused.

z*z

Postby z*z » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:10 pm

I tried logging in today on everyone's behalf. I am an admitted student (since November) and I received the "error screen." Hope that helps!

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:12 pm

I already told my wife I was rejected so either way now I don't really care. If accepted she'll be happy I guess, if not nothing will change.

I wouldn't trust the admitted students site to always be an accurate indicator of a decision.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:13 pm

z*z wrote:I tried logging in today on everyone's behalf. I am an admitted student (since November) and I received the "error screen." Hope that helps!

error screen?

is that the same thing as the red msg, saying that either you withdrew or a decision has not been made yet?

parker09

Postby parker09 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:14 pm

mayosmith wrote:

Oh yea, there it goes. Working for me again.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:17 pm

parker09 wrote:
mayosmith wrote:

Oh yea, there it goes. Working for me again.

+1

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”