michigan 2010 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
clo

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby clo » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:54 pm

FYI for those of you who have "Decision" in their status checker. If you are too anxious to wait for the mailing (which we all are, let's be honest), you can try to log into the admitted students website with your ID number and DOB. If you get in, then you're in! It is a little anti-climatic, but hopefully you will find good news. Best of luck to you all!

Postby 02082010 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:28 pm

Torvon wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
PKSebben wrote:
TheWire wrote:with other acceptances, I'm seriously on the verge of saying F*** you to michigan...i don't know why but i feel so disrespected. I wish I wouldn't have thought about or written a why mich

You are taking it much too personally. Their office is jammed like crazy.

Really? I've been complete since 11/7. Expecting a rejection at this point.

Is the complete date people are using the date they received the email with status checker information? Mine just says something about the application being far enough along to give me the information. Is complete at that point or sometime before it?

My 11/7 complete date may be a little misleading. I applied last cycle and used the info they gave me from back then to try and log in this year and it worked. So I was checking on my status before the official status checker email. So the short answer is yes, you can go complete before they send you the status checker. FWIW, I applied 10/23, went complete 11/7, and got the status checker on 11/19.

r-ant

Postby r-ant » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:14 pm

So my app went complete 12/23 and I got my checker the same day so I'm not expecting a decision any time soon.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else got a hand signed letter from Zearfoss asking them to apply as well? I'm just wondering if it's common for her to do that.

p.s. I tested the ink from the signature it's from a marker, not from a printer.

Postby 06072010 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:19 pm

r-ant wrote:So my app went complete 12/23 and I got my checker the same day so I'm not expecting a decision any time soon.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else got a hand signed letter from Zearfoss asking them to apply as well? I'm just wondering if it's common for her to do that.

p.s. I tested the ink from the signature it's from a marker, not from a printer.

Yes, it is common for her to write a handwritten comment on acceptance letters. Mine said something about being the most awesome applicant in the history of the Mich Law. Or "don't screw this up or I will stab you." I can't remember. And Lolz at testing the ink.

jackassjim

Postby jackassjim » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:56 pm

There have been a few comments on this already, but no real answer was given.

It doesn't look like Michigan has sent out much scholarship info yet (except some invites for the big one). I was wondering if anyone had an idea of the timeline on which they work in that regard.

I'm curious because I was accepted summer start and I was just offered a great job for the summer. I'll have to decide pretty soon if it'll be law school or that job for me, and much of that decision will hang on whether or not I get some form of financial aid.

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:10 pm

jackassjim wrote:There have been a few comments on this already, but no real answer was given.

It doesn't look like Michigan has sent out much scholarship info yet (except some invites for the big one). I was wondering if anyone had an idea of the timeline on which they work in that regard.

I'm curious because I was accepted summer start and I was just offered a great job for the summer. I'll have to decide pretty soon if it'll be law school or that job for me, and much of that decision will hang on whether or not I get some form of financial aid.

I would ask the finaid/admissions people at UMich, they may be able to accelerate things for you.

Olive

Postby Olive » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:22 pm

UFMatt wrote:Two months since I applied and still no status checker/complete email. I emailed them a couple of a weeks ago, but just got a "we're busy" type of reply. I think that I'm the "winner" for slowest response from them.

Yikes--hang in there.

r-ant

Postby r-ant » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:34 pm

PKSebben wrote:
r-ant wrote:So my app went complete 12/23 and I got my checker the same day so I'm not expecting a decision any time soon.

Yes, it is common for her to write a handwritten comment on acceptance letters. Mine said something about being the most awesome applicant in the history of the Mich Law. Or "don't screw this up or I will stab you." I can't remember. And Lolz at testing the ink.

No, I know that she sends out a written note with acceptances, I have not been accepted. I received a waiver and letter asking me to apply that was hand signed.

And I i said I tested the ink so that someone wouldn't think that I had just confused the handwritten signature with a computer printout of a signature.

thalassocrat

Postby thalassocrat » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:39 pm

r-ant wrote:
PKSebben wrote:

No, I know that she sends out a written note with acceptances, I have not been accepted. I received a waiver and letter asking me to apply that was hand signed.

And I i said I tested the ink so that someone wouldn't think that I had just confused the handwritten signature with a computer printout of a signature.

Yes, a number of us did, I think. With a little note, too.

squelp

Postby squelp » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:45 pm

Olive wrote:
UFMatt wrote:Two months since I applied and still no status checker/complete email. I emailed them a couple of a weeks ago, but just got a "we're busy" type of reply. I think that I'm the "winner" for slowest response from them.

Yikes--hang in there.

I've been complete since 10/8; I'm wondering if they accidentally threw my app away.

r-ant

Postby r-ant » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:51 pm

thalassocrat wrote:
r-ant wrote:
PKSebben wrote:

Yes, a number of us did, I think. With a little note, too.

Thanks for the reply.

ankit

Postby ankit » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:28 pm

oneforship wrote:
jackassjim wrote:There have been a few comments on this already, but no real answer was given.

I would ask the finaid/admissions people at UMich, they may be able to accelerate things for you.

A quick search of last year's threads indicates that awards for Dean's scholarships started going out around the beginning of February and continued all the way till end March. I think these scholarships are usually around 10-20K per year. Dunno if this is helpful....

jackassjim

Postby jackassjim » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:21 pm

ankit wrote:
oneforship wrote:

A quick search of last year's threads indicates that awards for Dean's scholarships started going out around the beginning of February and continued all the way till end March. I think these scholarships are usually around 10-20K per year. Dunno if this is helpful....

Yes, that's quite helpful. It just all feels like a very long process. I'll have to stall a bit with my potential employer I guess.

Postby 02082010 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Is Michigan closed until 2010?

thalassocrat

Postby thalassocrat » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:01 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:Is Michigan closed until 2010?

The Admissions Office is closed until Jan 4, yea.

AngryAvocado

Postby AngryAvocado » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:06 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:Is Michigan closed until 2010?

Judging from the fact that every human being that I know has family in from Michigan, I'm pretty sure that there isn't a soul in the whole state from Christmas to New Years.

dutchstriker

Postby dutchstriker » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:00 pm

Well, somebody must be there -- or they set up an automated email -- since I just got in! Hurray.

Edit: I guess she did say in the email that the Admissions Office is closed until the 4th. Wonder why she decided to admit me in the meantime?

Postby 02082010 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:03 pm

dutchstriker wrote:Well, somebody must be there -- or they set up an automated email -- since I just got in! Hurray.

Edit: I guess she did say in the email that the Admissions Office is closed until the 4th. Wonder why she decided to admit me in the meantime?

Really?

Lysis

Postby Lysis » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:05 pm

dutchstriker wrote:Well, somebody must be there -- or they set up an automated email -- since I just got in! Hurray.

+1, just got in via email. It is a little odd--she said in the email that because the Admissions Office is closed, she was sending an email acceptance even though she usually doesn't. But she doesn't explain why she's working.

dutchstriker

Postby dutchstriker » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:10 pm

Maybe she's trying to catch up since they seem to be so backed up this year.

Split5

Postby Split5 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:11 pm

Lysis wrote:

+1, just got in via email. It is a little odd--she said in the email that because the Admissions Office is closed, she was sending an email acceptance even though she usually doesn't. But she doesn't explain why she's working.

Because A) She's cool, and B) They're way behind this cycle.

thalassocrat

Postby thalassocrat » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:11 pm

Lysis wrote:

Possible it's an automatic email, or else she's still working because of the apparent backlog? Sounds like the same one that was sent last Thursday.

Congrats to you both. :D

dutchstriker

Postby dutchstriker » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:15 pm

thalassocrat wrote:
Lysis wrote:

Possible it's an automatic email, or else she's still working because of the apparent backlog? Sounds like the same one that was sent last Thursday.

Congrats to you both. :D

Thanks. I would think that she would have just sent it last Thursday if they already knew at that point... right?

CoutureChiq

Postby CoutureChiq » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:15 pm

In via email!

edit: but still unable to log into the admitted students site
Last edited by CoutureChiq on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lermontov

Postby Lermontov » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:16 pm

There was a comment a little while ago that the recently admitted couldn't log in to the admitted students page. Could those just admitted confirm or deny?

edit:
CoutureChiq wrote:In via email!

edit: but still unable to log into the admitted students site

thanks. I stopped checking when they left for Christmas; I guess I can stay away from it since it no longer shows anything useful.
Last edited by Lermontov on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”