michigan 2010 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Torvon
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Torvon » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:46 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:
Torvon wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:Got the acceptance letter! They underlined "very" and wrote a note at the bottom saying my Americorps work was impressive. Guess it was looked upon more favorably than my good friends at TLS led me to believe. Unless I somehow get into NYU or Chicago, see ya next fall


Still red text for me.


I'm kind of confused about the whole admitted students site thing. Are people able to log in while their status is still "Complete" or does it change to something like "Decision Rendered" and they just log in before receiving the physical letter? Oh and can someone link the site? 8)


I'm not gonna link the site but there are screenshots of it some pages back. Sorry, don't want to piss off Dean Z. I got on the site the 14th, my status went to decision on the 16th and I got the letter the 17th.


Do you remember when you got the email with the Status Checker information? If you don't mind sharing.

User avatar
rockchalk86
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:16 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby rockchalk86 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:48 pm

It's funny, I submitted Nov 9th, got the status checker over Thanksgiving, then again Dec 2nd (I know, weird).

holborn
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby holborn » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:50 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:It's funny, I submitted Nov 9th, got the status checker over Thanksgiving, then again Dec 2nd (I know, weird).


some people have all the luck.

I just submitted last week and based on this thread im not anticipating a status checker until January.

User avatar
rockchalk86
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:16 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby rockchalk86 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:50 pm

julesm2200 wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:It's funny, I submitted Nov 9th, got the status checker over Thanksgiving, then again Dec 2nd (I know, weird).


some people have all the luck.

I just submitted last week and based on this thread im not anticipating a status checker until January.


That would be a safe bet. Three weeks seems to be the standard

fedtaxed
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:39 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby fedtaxed » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:26 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:
julesm2200 wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:It's funny, I submitted Nov 9th, got the status checker over Thanksgiving, then again Dec 2nd (I know, weird).


some people have all the luck.

I just submitted last week and based on this thread im not anticipating a status checker until January.


That would be a safe bet. Three weeks seems to be the standard


I submitted on 11/17 & still haven't gotten the status checker. I was really hoping to get it yesterday. I did get an email to update my contact info because I'm an alum, but I don't know if that would hold up sending out the status checker.

BTW - even though I have a UMich ID & PW, I can't log into the law school status checker. It gives an error message, like I'm trying to access a nonexistant page or something. (Someone had thought that alumns could access the status checker early, but unfortunately, I can't.)

holborn
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby holborn » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:29 pm

fedtaxed wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:
julesm2200 wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:It's funny, I submitted Nov 9th, got the status checker over Thanksgiving, then again Dec 2nd (I know, weird).


some people have all the luck.

I just submitted last week and based on this thread im not anticipating a status checker until January.


That would be a safe bet. Three weeks seems to be the standard


I submitted on 11/17 & still haven't gotten the status checker. I was really hoping to get it yesterday. I did get an email to update my contact info because I'm an alum, but I don't know if that would hold up sending out the status checker.

BTW - even though I have a UMich ID & PW, I can't log into the law school status checker. It gives an error message, like I'm trying to access a nonexistant page or something. (Someone had thought that alumns could access the status checker early, but unfortunately, I can't.)


Also an alum and tried that yesterday. I too was disappointed.

btw, what do you have to update your info to? I dont think theres a law applicant option on the umich directory...

fedtaxed
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:39 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby fedtaxed » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:37 pm

julesm2200 wrote:btw, what do you have to update your info to? I dont think theres a law applicant option on the umich directory...


I don't really know! Most of my info in Wolverine Access was correct already, but I just added another phone number that I'd put on my application, so that the contact info matches the app.

holborn
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby holborn » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:44 pm

fedtaxed wrote:
julesm2200 wrote:btw, what do you have to update your info to? I dont think theres a law applicant option on the umich directory...


I don't really know! Most of my info in Wolverine Access was correct already, but I just added another phone number that I'd put on my application, so that the contact info matches the app.


Weird. Maybe call them? I don't really see what we can do b/c you can't change your affiliation at all (ie alumni, student, etc). that has to be done by them. and as far as I know they dont give you a new ID number or uniqname, so I don't understand why alumni are unable to use the status checker (assuming, of couse, they have recieved your application already and put it in the system)


EDIT: I just tried again and I can log into the status checker even though they havent emailed me with the link yet. So you should be able to log in with your previous Umich ID and birthday.

hopefullaw27
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby hopefullaw27 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:06 pm

any method in when michigan's been giving out decisions? I submitted mid-october and have yet to hear anything...bad news?

User avatar
letsgojayhawks
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:43 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby letsgojayhawks » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:17 pm

hopefullaw27 wrote:any method in when michigan's been giving out decisions? I submitted mid-october and have yet to hear anything...bad news?


Their method isn't chronological according to application date, if that's what you're asking. I also submitted mid-October and have yet to hear anything.

hopefullaw27
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby hopefullaw27 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:21 pm

letsgojayhawks wrote:
hopefullaw27 wrote:any method in when michigan's been giving out decisions? I submitted mid-october and have yet to hear anything...bad news?


Their method isn't chronological according to application date, if that's what you're asking. I also submitted mid-October and have yet to hear anything.



yup, i have the status checker and all...but everyday all day, red text of doom

User avatar
PapantlaFlyer
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:03 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby PapantlaFlyer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:35 pm

hopefullaw27 wrote:
letsgojayhawks wrote:
hopefullaw27 wrote:any method in when michigan's been giving out decisions? I submitted mid-october and have yet to hear anything...bad news?


Their method isn't chronological according to application date, if that's what you're asking. I also submitted mid-October and have yet to hear anything.



yup, i have the status checker and all...but everyday all day, red text of doom


Beware, Dean Z is watching you...

rogerlodge
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby rogerlodge » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:40 pm

In via mail. LSAT around 75%, GPA around median.

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby kittenmittons » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:40 pm

rogerlodge wrote:In via mail. LSAT around 75%, GPA around median.


Optional essays?

rogerlodge
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby rogerlodge » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:48 pm

No essays
No scholarship information, but wasn't really expecting much. Would it have come with the admission packet?

mxc
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:19 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby mxc » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:50 pm

I don't think so. Maybe if you were being considered for Darrow, but even then, I think that is via a separate communication.

User avatar
thanksforthefish
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby thanksforthefish » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:50 pm

in via status checker =)

GMVarun
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:48 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby GMVarun » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:10 pm

When did you guys who have recent acceptances get your status checker?

I got mine Dec 2, any idea when I might hear back? (I know there are people who have probably got there's before and haven't heard back ... I feel your pain. I've been UR at berkeley since 10/22). I am above both medians but not my much.

edit: congrats to all those who got accepted!

jocelyne
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:15 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby jocelyne » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:24 am

...
Last edited by jocelyne on Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
beesknees
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:46 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby beesknees » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:28 am

Question: Was anyone's email with the status checker delayed by more than a week? I called the admissions office last week about adding a "Why Michigan" essay to my file and they told me I went complete on Dec 9th and to expect a status checker email this Wednesday. It didn't come. Just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them. I'll wait until Friday next week before I call again. They're so incredibly nice at the office; I'd hate to bug them.

User avatar
Burberry by Burberry
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:43 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:19 am

beesknees wrote:Question: Was anyone's email with the status checker delayed by more than a week? I called the admissions office last week about adding a "Why Michigan" essay to my file and they told me I went complete on Dec 9th and to expect a status checker email this Wednesday. It didn't come. Just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them. I'll wait until Friday next week before I call again. They're so incredibly nice at the office; I'd hate to bug them.

I called the admissions office earlier this month to enquire about the status checker. At that time, I was told that my application had been complete since 12/03 and that I should expect to receive my status checker soon. I got the status checker a week after I thought it would come. As next Wednesday is 12/23 and next Friday is 12/25, I think you should wait until 12/31 to call Michigan (if you haven't received your status checker by then).

malcolminthemiddle
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:58 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby malcolminthemiddle » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:27 am

I am just about to wrap up my first semester @ mich. Last final in less than 8 hours. Reflecting back on my awesome experience thus far, toplawschools came to mind.

Congrats to everyone who's gotten in, hope you guys end up attending.

Good luck to all of you still fighting, I hung in there till mid feb if I remember correctly.

User avatar
natalie123
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby natalie123 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:30 am

In via mail, along with a personal handwritten letter. Surprised it came so soon... I am RD. No scholarship info. Is the consensus that that comes separately, though?

User avatar
Aeon
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Aeon » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:21 am

thanksforthefish wrote:in via status checker =)

Hah-hah! Great username and avatar. Congrats on the acceptance. :)

natalie123 wrote:In via mail, along with a personal handwritten letter. Surprised it came so soon... I am RD. No scholarship info. Is the consensus that that comes separately, though?

Yep. Congrats! :D

User avatar
Olive
Posts: 1002
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Olive » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:18 pm

I got my status checker. Finally. :mrgreen:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, brinicolec, cephaschen, chasima, criley01, guybourdin, Mia93, notausername, piesandcookies, vho1791, wishywashy, Yahoo [Bot] and 24 guests