michigan 2010 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Helmholtz » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:43 pm

blahblewblah wrote:So if we can get into the Admitted Students' Page then that means in?


yes

WhatUpKells
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby WhatUpKells » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:43 pm

Just got my status checker! Decision should come any day now, right? Right? :(

Sorry to ask a question that everyone already knows the answer to, but I flipped back 10+ pages in the thread and couldn't find it. What's the deal with the red text/blue text thing?

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby kittenmittons » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:43 pm

WhatUpKells wrote:Just got my status checker! Decision should come any day now, right? Right? :(

Sorry to ask a question that everyone already knows the answer to, but I flipped back 10+ pages in the thread and couldn't find it. What's the deal with the red text/blue text thing?


No

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Helmholtz » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:44 pm

WhatUpKells wrote:Just got my status checker! Decision should come any day now, right? Right? :(

Sorry to ask a question that everyone already knows the answer to, but I flipped back 10+ pages in the thread and couldn't find it. What's the deal with the red text/blue text thing?


red = accepted
blue = denied

User avatar
Lieut Kaffee
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:45 pm

Hey Michigan, being complete is great, but you only need to tell me once :) .

How about a decision while we're on a roll?

WhatUpKells
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby WhatUpKells » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:47 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
WhatUpKells wrote:Just got my status checker! Decision should come any day now, right? Right? :(

Sorry to ask a question that everyone already knows the answer to, but I flipped back 10+ pages in the thread and couldn't find it. What's the deal with the red text/blue text thing?


red = accepted
blue = denied


Funny joke. :roll:

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby kittenmittons » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:48 pm

WhatUpKells wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
WhatUpKells wrote:Just got my status checker! Decision should come any day now, right? Right? :(

Sorry to ask a question that everyone already knows the answer to, but I flipped back 10+ pages in the thread and couldn't find it. What's the deal with the red text/blue text thing?


red = accepted
blue = denied


Funny joke. :roll:


If you knew the answer, why did you ask?

WhatUpKells
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby WhatUpKells » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:50 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
WhatUpKells wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
WhatUpKells wrote:Just got my status checker! Decision should come any day now, right? Right? :(

Sorry to ask a question that everyone already knows the answer to, but I flipped back 10+ pages in the thread and couldn't find it. What's the deal with the red text/blue text thing?


red = accepted
blue = denied


Funny joke. :roll:


If you knew the answer, why did you ask?


I don't know the answer. I know that's not it. I have a low post count, but this is not my first time on TLS, my friend.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Helmholtz » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:50 pm

WhatUpKells wrote:Funny joke. :roll:


Dude, I'm a mod on TLS, I could have you denied at Michigan so fast, you won't know what hit you.

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby kittenmittons » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:51 pm

WhatUpKells wrote:I don't know the answer. I know that's not it. I have a low post count, but this is not my first time on TLS, my friend.


Coulda fooled me bro

Red text means you tried to login to the Admitted Students site and were turned down because you haven't been admitted yet.

I don't know what blue text means.

WhatUpKells
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby WhatUpKells » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:53 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
WhatUpKells wrote:I don't know the answer. I know that's not it. I have a low post count, but this is not my first time on TLS, my friend.


Coulda fooled me bro

Red text means you tried to login to the Admitted Students site and were turned down because you haven't been admitted yet.

I don't know what blue text means.


Gotcha, thanks. I thought it was something within the status checker.

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:56 pm

LieutKaffee wrote:Hey Michigan, being complete is great, but you only need to tell me once :) .

How about a decision while we're on a roll?

+1 And if you're going to send me an e-mail twice, please don't begin it with "We're happy to tell you that..."

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby kittenmittons » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:56 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
LieutKaffee wrote:Hey Michigan, being complete is great, but you only need to tell me once :) .

How about a decision while we're on a roll?

+1 And if you're going to send me an e-mail twice, please don't begin it with "We're happy to tell you that..."


That's how the rejection email starts too

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby puppleberry finn » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:01 pm

WhatUpKells wrote:I don't know the answer. I know that's not it. I have a low post count, but this is not my first time on TLS, my friend.


oh noes, someone just admitted to being an alt! :shock:

hesitantstyle
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby hesitantstyle » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:18 pm

blahblewblah wrote:So if we can get into the Admitted Students' Page then that means in?


Yeah you're in.

WhatUpKells
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby WhatUpKells » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:36 pm

puppins wrote:
WhatUpKells wrote:I don't know the answer. I know that's not it. I have a low post count, but this is not my first time on TLS, my friend.


oh noes, someone just admitted to being an alt! :shock:


No. I just don't post often.

User avatar
wackjickham
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby wackjickham » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:40 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
LieutKaffee wrote:Hey Michigan, being complete is great, but you only need to tell me once :) .

How about a decision while we're on a roll?

+1 And if you're going to send me an e-mail twice, please don't begin it with "We're happy to tell you that..."


That's how the rejection email starts too


Dear Pathetic Loser,

We're happy to tell you that you won't be spending $40,000 a year at Michigan. Suck it.

Smell you later,

Michigan

hesitantstyle
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby hesitantstyle » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:53 pm

wackjickham wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
LieutKaffee wrote:Hey Michigan, being complete is great, but you only need to tell me once :) .

How about a decision while we're on a roll?

+1 And if you're going to send me an e-mail twice, please don't begin it with "We're happy to tell you that..."


That's how the rejection email starts too


Dear Pathetic Loser,

We're happy to tell you that you won't be spending $40,000 a year at Michigan. Suck it.

Smell you later,

Michigan


would you consider UM over NYU?

User avatar
wackjickham
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby wackjickham » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:07 pm

would you consider UM over NYU?
With money, absolutely.

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7119
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby los blancos » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:05 am

wackjickham wrote:
would you consider UM over NYU?
With money, absolutely.



+1

Manhattan is so damn expensive.

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Emma. » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:42 am

Helmholtz wrote:
WhatUpKells wrote:Funny joke. :roll:


Dude, I'm a mod on TLS, I could have you denied at Michigan so fast, you won't know what hit you.


:shock:

:lol:

classic post

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby tintin » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:21 am

boilercat wrote:
wackjickham wrote:
would you consider UM over NYU?
With money, absolutely.



+1

Manhattan is so damn expensive.


+2, for the same reasons, plus the campus.

User avatar
wackjickham
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby wackjickham » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:57 am

boilercat wrote:
wackjickham wrote:
would you consider UM over NYU?
With money, absolutely.



+1

Manhattan is so damn expensive.


When I went to visit NYU my girlfriend and I went out to dinner at a decent but not extremely nice restaurant. The tab was $80 with just two entrees and a bottle of wine. We picked up a magazine that advertised "cheap dates" and it had stuff like: Stop here for $6 beers! Are you serious? That's cheap? I'll take C'Ville, Ann Arbor, or Ithaca over that any day. (Okay, maybe not ANY day :wink:)

User avatar
Olive
Posts: 1002
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Olive » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:35 am

coollegemex wrote:
washingtonian wrote:ahhhh thank you. and for those people who are still waiting on status checkers.... i called the admissions office today because it had been about 4 weeks since i got the "received" email. the nice woman i spoke with said that status checker emails go out once a week (usually on wednesday), the week or two after your application is complete. i spoke with her a few hours ago, and got my status checker email about an hour ago. she also said to check your junk folder to make sure it's not there. hope this helps!



... Little over 4 weeks since submission for me y nada. I forgive them though since the freezing temp probably slows the process.


+1

It's been just a little under 4 weeks for me. I need a status checker, Mich. Please. Give me a status checker to go neurotic on. Checking my inbox every half hour isn't enough. Ahhh. :|

Amelie
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby Amelie » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:38 am

tintin wrote:
boilercat wrote:
wackjickham wrote:
would you consider UM over NYU?
With money, absolutely.



+1

Manhattan is so damn expensive.


+2, for the same reasons, plus the campus.


Same here. I love Manhattan, but living there is just way too much. I don't want to pay a fortune for an apartment the size of a closet.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”