michigan 2010 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
5ky

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Postby 5ky » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:22 pm

Last edited by 5ky on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:23 pm

There have been other people who reported getting the red text in the morning, but getting into the AS site in the afternoon of the same day.

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:23 pm

5ky wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:Congrats!! Have you checked more than once today? I'm just curious because I want to know if they stagger out the acceptances over the day or allow access all at once.

+1. I'm very curious about this also.

+1

RSN_M3

Postby RSN_M3 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:24 pm

All I see is red text, but that's not unexpected. Hopefully admitted students are staggered.

strandm2

Postby strandm2 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:27 pm

I've been checking compulsively today and I just tried to get login and I didn't get the red text, but a very different, access denied screen. Does this occur for anyone else?

tintin

Postby tintin » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:28 pm

still the dreaded red text of doom for me.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:28 pm

strandm2 wrote:I've been checking compulsively today and I just tried to get login and I didn't get the red text, but a very different, access denied screen. Does this occur for anyone else?

Means you broke it. Good job.

rockchalk86

Postby rockchalk86 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:28 pm

strandm2 wrote:I've been checking compulsively today and I just tried to get login and I didn't get the red text, but a very different, access denied screen. Does this occur for anyone else?

Ding?

strandm2

Postby strandm2 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:30 pm

170/3.9 I'd hope it's not a ding this early.

summerschooled

Postby summerschooled » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:31 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
5ky wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:Congrats!! Have you checked more than once today? I'm just curious because I want to know if they stagger out the acceptances over the day or allow access all at once.

+1

Sorry guys, but today was the first day I DIDN'T check it multiple times. I checked around 1pm, if that helps. Hopefully you guys will get news soon!

hesitantstyle

Postby hesitantstyle » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:32 pm

So how good is UM law really?

tamlyric

Postby tamlyric » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:35 pm

strandm2 wrote:170/3.9 I'd hope it's not a ding this early.

I think you typed in the wrong # or date. :)

tamlyric

Postby tamlyric » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:36 pm

Congrats to all of today's acceptances! :mrgreen:

strandm2

Postby strandm2 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:38 pm

It says:

ERROR: ACCESS DENIED
You are currently logged in as ****

Sign in as a different user
Request Access

I'm tempted to request access I don't think that'd be a good idea though.

rockchalk86

Postby rockchalk86 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:40 pm

strandm2 wrote:It says:

Request Access

Your heart must have skipped two beats when you saw a different screen. That is extremely cruel :(

kittenmittons

Postby kittenmittons » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:40 pm

Helmholtz wrote:There have been other people who reported getting the red text in the morning, but getting into the AS site in the afternoon of the same day.

tyft helm

beamsmehome

Postby beamsmehome » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:50 pm

summerschooled wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
5ky wrote:

+1

Sorry guys, but today was the first day I DIDN'T check it multiple times. I checked around 1pm, if that helps. Hopefully you guys will get news soon!

I got into Admitted Students site on 12/04... I had checked in the mid-morning on 12/03 and got the dreaded red. I checked 12/04 mid-morning and got into it, with a admissions packet sent 12/03. Hope that is of some help.

Good luck everyone!!!!

wackjickham

Postby wackjickham » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:54 pm

I want to be accepted. My green triangle wouldn't look out of place at all on that graph. In fact, there's a little bit of a hole where it should be. Maybe I'm just not interesting enough for them and this really isn't the numbers game I thought it was..

strandm2

Postby strandm2 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:57 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:

Request Access

Your heart must have skipped two beats when you saw a different screen. That is extremely cruel :(

I was less than amused by it. I'm guessing it could easily be some sadistic admissions officer who can see the number of attempted logins and reroutes them to various screens just for fun. They're viewing these boards right now and laughing because they have nothing better to do, of course.

tamlyric

Postby tamlyric » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:59 pm

strandm2 wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:

Request Access

I was less than amused by it. I'm guessing it could easily be some sadistic admissions officer who can see the number of attempted logins and reroutes them to various screens just for fun. They're viewing these boards right now and laughing because they have nothing better to do, of course.

Srsly. You are typing in either the wrong # or the wrong date. Srsly. Try again. Sorry if I'm wrong.

strandm2

Postby strandm2 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:03 pm

I've tried logging in again by "signing in as a different user" just to double check and I get the same screen. I'll let you know if it was just a temporary blurb, decision rendered soon, or anything else. I'm a former U of M student so it may just have to do with some computer/network update procedures or who knows.

protokurios

Postby protokurios » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:25 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Why does michigan hate me? Anyone else submit in early october (10/6 for me) with above 75% numbers on both LSAT and GPA that can whine with me?

+1 and +1 on the red text with all the rest of you. :(

janer

Postby janer » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:23 pm

protokurios wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Why does michigan hate me? Anyone else submit in early october (10/6 for me) with above 75% numbers on both LSAT and GPA that can whine with me?

+1 and +1 on the red text with all the rest of you. :(

+1. Being ignored by Michigan makes me more sad than my lack of a JR2 from Harvard. It's been 7 weeks since I went complete...hopefully that means they'll make a decision within the next 3 weeks :?

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:20 pm

I applied in September, and now it’s February, but I haven’t received an answer. What is going on?
Michigan wrote:
You went to great lengths to apply early in our season, and now you’re disappointed—or, well, irritated—that you haven’t received an answer yet. We understand how you feel, but we nonetheless ask for your patience. Once the Online Status Check shows that your file is complete, your application is reviewed within a week by a first reader, and is then sent on to a second reader—but even after getting two people’s input, we can’t always make a decision right away. Simply put, some decisions are more difficult than others. We routinely and frequently review the files of applicants for whom we couldn’t make an immediate decision, in an effort to balance our sensitivity to your stress levels—which, honestly, we are very aware of!—with our mission of making the best possible decisions.
(emphasis added)

Do you have a rolling admissions policy?
Michigan wrote:The Law School uses a modified rolling admissions process, meaning that applications are reviewed as they are completed, but admissions decisions are not necessarily made in that order. Applicants are encouraged to apply and complete their files as early as they comfortably are able, because the later they wait in the application cycle, the fewer the seats that are available.
(emphasis added)

Neither of these answers make me feel good about the wall of red text I am still submitting myself to daily. Especially considering that my complete date was over 5 weeks ago, and they have probably reviewed me multiple times and still can't decide.

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:23 pm

oneforship wrote:I applied in September, and now it’s February, but I haven’t received an answer. What is going on?
Michigan wrote:
You went to great lengths to apply early in our season, and now you’re disappointed—or, well, irritated—that you haven’t received an answer yet. We understand how you feel, but we nonetheless ask for your patience. Once the Online Status Check shows that your file is complete, your application is reviewed within a week by a first reader, and is then sent on to a second reader—but even after getting two people’s input, we can’t always make a decision right away. Simply put, some decisions are more difficult than others. We routinely and frequently review the files of applicants for whom we couldn’t make an immediate decision, in an effort to balance our sensitivity to your stress levels—which, honestly, we are very aware of!—with our mission of making the best possible decisions.
(emphasis added)

Do you have a rolling admissions policy?
Michigan wrote:The Law School uses a modified rolling admissions process, meaning that applications are reviewed as they are completed, but admissions decisions are not necessarily made in that order. Applicants are encouraged to apply and complete their files as early as they comfortably are able, because the later they wait in the application cycle, the fewer the seats that are available.
(emphasis added)

Neither of these answers make me feel good about the wall of red text I am still submitting myself to daily. Especially considering that my complete date was over 5 weeks ago, and they have probably reviewed me multiple times and still can't decide.

ditto. ditto for all of this. please put me out of my misery, mich. i didn't think you would cause me this much agony. your admissions site is so friendly.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”