michigan 2010 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sckon

Silver

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Post by sckon » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:05 pm

Rejected. I was surprised I got even a fee waiver and didnt put much hope into it. Good luck to the rest of you!

triplecats

New

Post by triplecats » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:12 pm

Dinged today with a 171/3.75. Applied the first or second week or so their app was up. Strange times we live in.

xcountryjunkie

Bronze

Post by xcountryjunkie » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:16 pm

Sorry to hear about the dings! There just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

jc1988

Bronze

Post by jc1988 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:17 pm

triplecats wrote:Dinged today with a 171/3.75. Applied the first or second week or so their app was up. Strange times we live in.
omg

triplecats

New

Post by triplecats » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:22 pm

xcountryjunkie wrote:Sorry to hear about the dings! There just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.
It's weird. 171 is above their 75% LSAT median, and 3.75 is awfully close to their GPA one.

Best of luck, of course, to those of you still waiting. I was happy just to hear either way, but for your sakes I hope it's better news!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AngryAvocado

Silver

Post by AngryAvocado » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:22 pm

finalaspects wrote:
boney09 wrote:try to be more optimisic~!! you don't even have rejection letters...i had a 7% chance according to LSP and got in
what were your stats??? if you don't mind telling us, or if you can PM me?

i have 7% chance as well according to LSP.

are you an URM?
The percentage on LSP isn't your % chance of getting accepted, it's the estimated % of matriculated students at/below your index. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:23 pm

It stinks to know that people with such high numbers inevitably have to get rejected from these top schools from time to time. I'm starting to see that courtesy email from Tuesday as a blessing because it allowed me to avert the semi-bloodbath today. Sorry to all those who didn't get in :(

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:25 pm

Officially dinged today 3.5/171. Noticed some typos in my app and changed my PS around after I applied to Mich. Hopefully that will un-F me at the schools I applied to later. Good luck to everyone else.

poprox

Bronze

Post by poprox » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:26 pm

PapantlaFlyer wrote:Just looking at the graphs on LSN, it doesn't seem this cylce is THAT crazy. It actually looks like they're sticking with their medians and percentiles. I'm pretty sure every year there's a bunch of high numbers applicants that get rejected, there's just more of them this year because of the high number of applications.
I don't think the current cycle graph on LSN is very accurate - it only shows like 4 WLs and 6 rejects. We'll get a better idea in a few days if/when LSN is updated to reflect all of the 75th% plus and median plus candidates who were just outright rejected.

Good luck to all of you who aren't out yet - I hope you get in!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

urban_cdn

New

Post by urban_cdn » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:31 pm

dk8 wrote:Officially dinged today 3.5/171. Noticed some typos in my app and changed my PS around after I applied to Mich. Hopefully that will un-F me at the schools I applied to later. Good luck to everyone else.

ahhhhhhh, im scared i have a 3.5, 172 (but multi LSAT), damn.

jc1988

Bronze

Post by jc1988 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:34 pm

dk8 wrote:Officially dinged today 3.5/171. Noticed some typos in my app and changed my PS around after I applied to Mich. Hopefully that will un-F me at the schools I applied to later. Good luck to everyone else.
similiar number, waiting for dinged letter, very very very very disappointed.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:44 pm

While I was about to throw away my ding letter after ripping it open, I noticed there was a handwritten note inside the envelope. I looked at it and it said:
Dear robin600,
Your story was very compelling and it seems like your are a very strong and tenacious student. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.
who the hell gives you a handwritten note on a rejection letter? Wtf? If my story was so compelling at least give me a WL!!!

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:46 pm

robin600 wrote:While I was about to throw away my ding letter after ripping it open, I noticed there was a handwritten note inside the envelope. I looked at it and it said:
Dear robin600,
Your story was very compelling and it seems like your are a very strong and tenacious student. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.
who the hell gives you a handwritten note on a rejection letter? Wtf? If my story was so compelling at least give me a WL!!!
wow <3 Dean Z.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:49 pm

robin600 wrote:While I was about to throw away my ding letter after ripping it open, I noticed there was a handwritten note inside the envelope. I looked at it and it said:
Dear robin600,
See, that would make me feel better about being rejected. But instead mine will probably have something like this attached:

Vegas_Rebel

Bronze

Post by Vegas_Rebel » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:54 pm

Dear robin600,
That's kinda cruel.

It's like, "You're good. Very good. But not good enough. Bai!"

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:55 pm

I guess it made me feel better about my application package as a whole, but then made me angry they didn't give me a WL lol.
NB, love the pear!

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:59 pm

Dear robin600,
Wow... Maybe that is why it is taking my rejection letter so long, she's trying to tell me just how crappy I am? Odd that I have gotten into higher ranked schools, but am an auto-reject from Michigan? WTF...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:04 pm

Dear robin600,
maybe they really are trying to put together a certain kind of class? i actually think it was nice of them to write a note on your letter, although i'm sure you're too frustrated to appreciate that now.

what were your numbers? what i don't understand is the extent to which they seem to be really underusing their waiting list. what happens if their yield estimates are wrong, their medians drop, and no one with high numbers is on the wl?
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:05 pm

talibkweli wrote:
Dear robin600,
maybe they really are trying to put together a certain kind of class? i really think it was nice of them to write a note on your letter, although i'm sure you're too frustrated to appreciate that now.

what were your numbers? what i don't understand is the extent to which they seem to be really underusing their waiting list. what happens if their yield estimates are wrong, their medians drop, and noone with high numbers are on the wl?
Lol. Gotta say I'd laugh really hard if they dropped their medians.

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:07 pm

dk8 wrote:
talibkweli wrote:
Dear robin600,
maybe they really are trying to put together a certain kind of class? i really think it was nice of them to write a note on your letter, although i'm sure you're too frustrated to appreciate that now.

what were your numbers? what i don't understand is the extent to which they seem to be really underusing their waiting list. what happens if their yield estimates are wrong, their medians drop, and noone with high numbers are on the wl?
Lol. Gotta say I'd laugh really hard if they dropped their medians.
I'm well above both medians, wtf am I doing getting rejected...

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:08 pm

Kakarot wrote: I'm well above both medians, wtf am I doing getting rejected...
Don't know man. I wasn't auto-admit but I'm kinda suprised by the straight up reject.

If you are in at better schools I wouldn't stress over it. I'm not in anywhere yet and kinda worried.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:14 pm

Dear robin600,
Wow, that's unbelievable!

At first I thought it was nice, but honestly, it does really seem cruel upon further reflection, for the same reason you said. If the admissions process wasn't dominated by a secretive, numbers-whoring and cold-hearted strategizing mentality, the dean may have actually had the freedom and the FUKKING BALLS to tell you why you weren't admitted if your story is so compelling. I am disgusted by the law school admissions process and so sick of it. I hope the legal industry as it is falls apart and schools become forced to look for actual qualities instead of pretending that academic overachievers are "diverse" when there are real fukking heroes out there who have the passion and drive it takes to change the world.

beesknees

Bronze

Post by beesknees » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:19 pm

Last edited by beesknees on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Considering their apps are supposedly up and they're taking forever to even get people complete, writing handwritten notes to rejections probably is a waste of time that won't make up for the rejection itself.

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:23 pm

Officially out. Just got the letter.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”