michigan 2010 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rockchalk86

Silver

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Post by rockchalk86 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:18 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:Sore losers
I consider NOT having to go to mich a win.

(Boy after the last week in this thread they are going to kick me off the waitlist soooo fast lol--don't hate on my jokes mich I still would consider going for $45k)

Thanks starstruck lol.
I can tell by how much you hang out on this thread... it's like you are a third grader who hits the girls because you secretly like them. Kinda sad

starstruck393

Silver

Post by starstruck393 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:19 pm

techmech wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:
techmech wrote:Dear UM,

I am so excited to meet you. I enjoy Hockey, dying cities, and long walks on frozen beaches. My ideal guy would be an unemployed auto worker. I don't know why, but I feel like we have such a deep bond. Let me know if you feel the same way!

Love,

Your greatest admirer
Dear Techmech,

As we just informed Calico, we have enough friends already. But given your interests, you'd be a perfect match for our ugly neighbor Detroit Mercy. She hasn't been laid in years, and could use some action. You should ask her out.

UM
Not even on bad night with lots of alcohol involved - she has no zing.
That's why you're a perfect match!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:21 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

(Boy after the last week in this thread they are going to kick me off the waitlist soooo fast lol--don't hate on my jokes mich I still would consider going for $45k)

Thanks starstruck lol.
I can tell by how much you hang out on this thread... it's like you are a third grader who hits the girls because you secretly like them. Kinda sad
If they had class to waitlist me at an appropriate hour I would have more repspect for them. I just wonder why you care so much about what I do on the internet to harass me. They are just friendly jokes.

rockchalk86

Silver

Post by rockchalk86 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:25 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

Thanks starstruck lol.
If they had class to waitlist me at an appropriate hour I would have more repspect for them. I just wonder why you care so much about what I do on the internet to harass me. They are just friendly jokes.
Well... I will stick with the dating analogy... while you are acting like lil timmy on the playground, I am defending my girl like a man. I will probably end up at Michigan and I don't want people talking shit on her. Plus you responded to my original post and that was directed at everyone. I can't really hate you though because Larry David is amazing

techmech

New

Post by techmech » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:27 pm

starstruck393 wrote:
techmech wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:
techmech wrote:Dear UM,

I am so excited to meet you. I enjoy Hockey, dying cities, and long walks on frozen beaches. My ideal guy would be an unemployed auto worker. I don't know why, but I feel like we have such a deep bond. Let me know if you feel the same way!

Love,

Your greatest admirer
Dear Techmech,

As we just informed Calico, we have enough friends already. But given your interests, you'd be a perfect match for our ugly neighbor Detroit Mercy. She hasn't been laid in years, and could use some action. You should ask her out.

UM
Not even on bad night with lots of alcohol involved - she has no zing.
That's why you're a perfect match!
Haha I didn't get rejected. I'm just having some fun.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Shlonster

Bronze

Post by Shlonster » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:19 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:
Jericwithers wrote: I consider NOT having to go to mich a win.

Thanks starstruck lol.
Well... I will stick with the dating analogy... while you are acting like lil timmy on the playground, I am defending my girl like a man. I will probably end up at Michigan and I don't want people talking shit on her. Plus you responded to my original post and that was directed at everyone. I can't really hate you though because Larry David is amazing
^ is changing my mind about Michigan.

rockchalk86

Silver

Post by rockchalk86 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:46 pm

[/quote]^ is changing my mind about Michigan.[/quote]

Why? It's a valid point. If you want to bitch about the whole YP thing, do it somewhere else. It's kinda lame of people to hang out in this thread and bash Michigan for not accepting them.

AngryAvocado

Silver

Post by AngryAvocado » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:52 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:
Why? It's a valid point. If you want to bitch about the whole YP thing, do it somewhere else. It's kinda lame of people to hang out in this thread and bash Michigan for not accepting them.
+1

If you want to bash Michigan, just have your [strike]mom[/strike] neighbor call up Dean Zearfoss to bitch and moan and give idle threats about reporting it back to TLS. All the cool kids are doing it.

bees

Bronze

Post by bees » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:54 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:
+1

If you want to bash Michigan, just have your [strike]mom[/strike] neighbor call up Dean Zearfoss to bitch and moan and give idle threats about reporting it back to TLS. All the cool kids are doing it.
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

daesonesb

Bronze

Post by daesonesb » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:01 am

So, I've got a decision status check, but can no log into the admitted students website.
I'm guessing that means I'm a WL/ding, huh?

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:02 am

daesonesb wrote:So, I've got a decision status check, but can no log into the admitted students website.
Probably the latter. Sorry.

daesonesb

Bronze

Post by daesonesb » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:04 am

Jericwithers wrote:
daesonesb wrote:So, I've got a decision status check, but can no log into the admitted students website.
I can't whine, I've got a seat at UCLA.
Quickly finding out that my LSAT wasn't quite high enough to crack the T-10 though :P .

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:06 am

daesonesb wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
Quickly finding out that my LSAT wasn't quite high enough to crack the T-10 though :P .
It's ok, I wasn't good enough for Mich either. See you at UCLA ASD!

EDIT: It's still not impossible for you to get in though. Good luck.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

daesonesb

Bronze

Post by daesonesb » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:11 am

Jericwithers wrote:
daesonesb wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
It's ok, I wasn't good enough for Mich either. See you at UCLA ASD!
Lol, looking at your LSN, we applied to alot of the same schools, but you had slightly better numbers in both fields.

BTW, very impressive merit aid package for UCLA you got there. I'm not up on the internets slang though, what does ASD mean?

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:14 am

daesonesb wrote:what does ASD mean?
Admitted Students Day. A great time to visit because they wine and dine you lol.

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:17 am

Jericwithers wrote:
daesonesb wrote:what does ASD mean?
Admitted Students Day. A great time to visit because they wine and dine you lol.
I'll be at the UCLA thing on the 15th. Should be good times.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:03 am

I'll cave and edit. I thought it was funny, at least.
Last edited by Jericwithers on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tamlyric

Silver

Post by tamlyric » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:28 am

^^^^^ Ummmm... you might want to seriously consider editing (read: deleting) this last post, Jericwithers.

smacroon

New

Post by smacroon » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:40 am

Withdrew from WL today. Good luck everyone :)

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:50 am

tamlyric wrote:^^^^^ Ummmm... you might want to seriously consider editing (read: deleting) this last post, Jericwithers.
What was so wrong? Mich did write me a note saying they want me to attend (or something like that) :(

tamlyric

Silver

Post by tamlyric » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:54 am

Jericwithers wrote:
tamlyric wrote:^^^^^ Ummmm... you might want to seriously consider editing (read: deleting) this last post, Jericwithers.
What was so wrong? Mich did write me a note saying they want me to attend (or something like that) :(
It can easily be read in a way that I am guessing you don't want it to be read; the word 'she' is where the ambiguity lies.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:02 am

tamlyric wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
It can easily be read in a way that I am guessing you don't want it to be read; the word 'she' is where the ambiguity lies.
What? It was funny and no one would assume he was talking about a person. I use "she" to refer to law schools also. It is normal...

tamlyric

Silver

Post by tamlyric » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:19 am

Kakarot wrote: What? It was funny and no one would assume he was talking about a person. I use "she" to refer to law schools also. It is normal...
I'm not looking to have a debate. I think the ambiguity is unfortunate (if unintended). It's irrelevant whether people use the word 'she' to apply to schools. That point was not in question. I was attempting to look out for Jericwithers, since I think the post was (at best) imprudent and (at worst) terribly inappropriate. If he's comfortable with the post after having reconsidered it, more power to him.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:29 am

tamlyric wrote:
Kakarot wrote: What? It was funny and no one would assume he was talking about a person. I use "she" to refer to law schools also. It is normal...
I'm not looking to have a debate. I think the ambiguity is unfortunate (if unintended). It's irrelevant whether people use the word 'she' to apply to schools. That point was not in question. I was attempting to look out for Jericwithers, since I think the post was (at best) imprudent and (at worst) terribly inappropriate. If he's comfortable with the post after having reconsidered it, more power to him.
No, I'm a sucker to peer pressure lol. I also don't want Michigan to rat me out to other schools :(

xcountryjunkie

Bronze

Post by xcountryjunkie » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:31 am

Four month anniv of my app today. Oh man what I'd do for a decision!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”