michigan 2010 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jc1988

Bronze

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Post by jc1988 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:21 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
jc1988 wrote:
Slyjoker87 wrote:Got my ding via e-mail after I requested a change of address.

Yep, GG UM.

Good luck to those who got in!
why don't you just stab me in the heart...
Because its easier to do it in your back? Just imagine if you turn up getting accepted; the joy will be that much better!

decision 1/11, can't log in, no email. Reject for sure.

inuitsoar

New

Post by inuitsoar » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:22 pm

SanBun wrote:
Kakarot wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
Slyjoker87 wrote:Got my ding via e-mail after I requested a change of address.

Yep, GG UM.

Good luck to those who got in!
when did your status change to DR?
Sly is a 1/11 so yea we probably all got rejected. Just waiting for the letter.
How to know a school rejected you-

a method to supposedly reduce anxiety (i.e. changing the status checker to decision when they expect you to receive your letter) doesn't seem to apply to you for some mysterious reason, while accepted students receive letter on same day or next day.

(I live in the Chicago area. Decision 1/11)
seriously wtf is up with that?? are they trying to have us gradually get used to the idea of being rejected so it doesnt hit us all at once or more likely do they just not give a fuck if you were rejected?

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:20 pm

inuitsoar wrote:
seriously wtf is up with that?? are they trying to have us gradually get used to the idea of being rejected so it doesnt hit us all at once or more likely do they just not give a fuck if you were rejected?
the latter. i had the same thing with Gtown, it took them over a week to send out an e-mail after an all-reject DR batch. coincidence?

rolark

New

Post by rolark » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:14 am

I don't want to make the picture any more bleak for those who went to decision but can't get in to the admitted student's site - but I did just get in.

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:17 am

rolark wrote:I don't want to make the picture any more bleak for those who went to decision but can't get in to the admitted student's site - but I did just get in.
Congrats!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

starstruck393

Silver

Post by starstruck393 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:56 am

SanBun wrote:
Kakarot wrote:
SanBun wrote:
Kakarot wrote: You're a girl?
yeah, why?
Avatar doesn't scream girl to me... Read your posts for a while now and never knew you weren't a guy.
but yeah my avatar looks nothing like me
I would hope not :D

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:13 pm

Nothing from Michigan in the mail today. I am from the DR 1/11 crowd. This is getting ridiculous. I think I’ll call tomorrow if I don’t get anything, otherwise it probably won’t come until Tuesday because of the Monday holiday. Even if mailed on the 11th I should have it by now. Everyone has said they mail decisions days before a status checker change, maybe not rejections?

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:15 pm

Kakarot wrote:Nothing from Michigan in the mail today. I am from the DR 1/11 crowd. This is getting ridiculous. I think I’ll call tomorrow if I don’t get anything, otherwise it probably won’t come until Tuesday because of the Monday holiday. Even if mailed on the 11th I should have it by now. Everyone has said they mail decisions days before a status checker change, maybe not rejections?
I think they really don't care about rejections. Or they use a higher quality of service to mail acceptances like priority, first class, or UPS/Fedex. While they use the slowest cheapest possible method of delivering the rejection letters. It doesn't help that i'm in California for my 1/11 rejection to arrive....

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:15 pm

Kakarot wrote:Nothing from Michigan in the mail today. I am from the DR 1/11 crowd. This is getting ridiculous. I think I’ll call tomorrow if I don’t get anything, otherwise it probably won’t come until Tuesday because of the Monday holiday. Even if mailed on the 11th I should have it by now. Everyone has said they mail decisions days before a status checker change, maybe not rejections?
I am at peace with my rejection, but I wonder why they try to maintain the "Your ability to access the ASW has no bearing on whether you were accepted or rejected" BS.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

monkeygirl

New

Post by monkeygirl » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:31 pm

I got this by email two days ago, anyone else?

------------
Thank you for your application to the University of Michigan Law School. Because you went to great lengths to apply early in our season, we understand that you may feel some disappointment at not having received your answer yet. We understand the anxiety that the law school admissions procedure can cause, and are therefore writing to update you on the status of your file in an effort to alleviate at least some of that stress.

Your file has been reviewed at least once by our staff and the admissions committee and we have found much to admire. We have not yet, however, been able to render a decision, and are continuing to review your application file in the context of the greater applicant pool. There are a variety of reasons why we may not have been able to reach a speedy decision: sometimes we are waiting for additional information that we know is en route, like recommendation letters, updated transcripts, a new LSAT score, residency information; sometimes file-readers have different interpretations of or reactions to an application, and we need to meet and discuss; and so on. We take our responsibility of composing a top-notch class extremely seriously, and that is to your benefit; you can be assured your application materials are receiving a thorough review.

--------------------

It goes on to say that I will get a decision by mid April :shock: , but will probably hear before then :roll: .

Sorry for all the faces-it's just the way I'm feeling lately. BTW, I just sent them my updated transcript, which raises the GPA a few hundredths.

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:32 pm

monkeygirl wrote:I got this by email two days ago, anyone else?

------------
Thank you for your application to the University of Michigan Law School. Because you went to great lengths to apply early in our season, we understand that you may feel some disappointment at not having received your answer yet. We understand the anxiety that the law school admissions procedure can cause, and are therefore writing to update you on the status of your file in an effort to alleviate at least some of that stress.

Your file has been reviewed at least once by our staff and the admissions committee and we have found much to admire. We have not yet, however, been able to render a decision, and are continuing to review your application file in the context of the greater applicant pool. There are a variety of reasons why we may not have been able to reach a speedy decision: sometimes we are waiting for additional information that we know is en route, like recommendation letters, updated transcripts, a new LSAT score, residency information; sometimes file-readers have different interpretations of or reactions to an application, and we need to meet and discuss; and so on. We take our responsibility of composing a top-notch class extremely seriously, and that is to your benefit; you can be assured your application materials are receiving a thorough review.

--------------------

It goes on to say that I will get a decision by mid April :shock: , but will probably hear before then :roll: .

Sorry for all the faces-it's just the way I'm feeling lately. BTW, I just sent them my updated transcript, which raises the GPA a few hundredths.

no, no one here got it. in fact, i'm surprised that something like that didn't create a huge avalanche of speculation and anxiety. maybe i'll check through the last few pages for posts on the day it was sent just to make sure...

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:35 pm

so I know I'm rejected 1/11, i live an hour away from Ann Arbor and yet no mail from them, usps may suck, but not that bad... wtf michigan!

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:36 pm

talibkweli wrote:

------------

--------------------

no, no one here got it. in fact, i'm surprised that something like that didn't create a huge avalanche of speculation and anxiety. maybe i'll check through the last few pages for posts on the day it was sent just to make sure...
--ImageRemoved--

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:37 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
--ImageRemoved--

That cats face looks exactly like my transexual next door neighbor.

Vegas_Rebel

Bronze

Post by Vegas_Rebel » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:38 pm

robin600 wrote:so I know I'm rejected 1/11, i live an hour away from Ann Arbor and yet no mail from them, usps may suck, but not that bad... wtf michigan!
Man, I'm tempted to call them today, just to get an answer.

I appreciate that they're a small office, and that they're busy and all, but what are they going to do, reject me again?

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:38 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
talibkweli wrote:

------------

--------------------

--ImageRemoved--

ironically, i was trying to be funny.

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:40 pm

robin600 wrote:so I know I'm rejected 1/11, i live an hour away from Ann Arbor and yet no mail from them, usps may suck, but not that bad... wtf michigan!

robin, remember gerogetown?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:42 pm

Is that a cat....or a bear?

Please don't call the office about your reject; you may distract them while reviewing my file and then I'd get thrown into the pile with you! If it will make you feel better I can write up a nice rejection letter and mail it out today and get it there before Michigan's does.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:45 pm

SanBun wrote:

Oh god yes, but at least they sent it via email. Still bitter about that one. Bastards!

village-idiot

New

Post by village-idiot » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:49 pm

Hmm I also got the whole we've reviewed your file and will get back to you email. I'm above both 75th's by a decent margin, is the general consensus that this is a YP tactic? Michigan is actually one of my higher choices for personal reasons.

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:51 pm

village-idiot wrote:Hmm I also got the whole we've reviewed your file and will get back to you email. I'm above both 75th's by a decent margin, is the general consensus that this is a YP tactic? Michigan is actually one of my higher choices for personal reasons.
Hit em with a LOCI explaining those reasons

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:53 pm

robin600 wrote:
SanBun wrote:

Oh god yes, but at least they sent it via email. Still bitter about that one. Bastards!
If anyone does call or get anything in the mail let us know... Also if you call say you've been at DR for a little while. Not your fault you don't know when the date changed cause the status checker updates daily. :)

It seems the 1/11 admits on lsn got there packets already.

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:12 pm

robin600 wrote:
SanBun wrote:

all law schools are the same.. i'm seriously reconsidering law school despite having been accepted to some good ones (getting cold feet? possibly)

other careers just seem so much less torturous .. hey, it may open up sports for TLSers :)

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:17 pm

SanBun wrote:
robin600 wrote:
SanBun wrote:

all law schools are the same.. i'm seriously reconsidering law school despite having been accepted to some good ones (getting cold feet? possibly)

other careers just seem so much less torturous .. hey, it may open up sports for TLSers :)
Sports is dead to me after Texas football lost.

Go longhorns men's basketball!

Burberry by Burberry

Bronze

Post by Burberry by Burberry » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:24 pm

Decision 1/9/10: I just received my rejection letter in Texas.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”