michigan 2010 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
starstruck393

Silver

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Post by starstruck393 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:33 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:For those of you that got financial aid, did it show the letter mailed date on the communications link on the admitted students page?
I think for most people, no, they just got a letter out of the blue...

orphanarium

Bronze

Post by orphanarium » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:18 pm

Last edited by orphanarium on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shlonster

Bronze

Post by Shlonster » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:47 pm

Last edited by Shlonster on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:50 pm

Shlonster wrote:In as of today, snail mail, big envelope, comes with jump drive and portfolio/binder deal. Nice handwritten note from Dean Z, of course, which is a surprise because I know she is outta town doing the Truman stuff.... must have been sent off right before she left.

Status checker still at 2/22, complete. Doesn't say decision, and envelope is postmarked 2/22. Also, I live across the country.

I was a little worried about my cycle with a WL at Gtown, Duke, and UVa, but now I don't care anymore. I would gladly pay sticker at Mich (well... not gladly) Anyway, I'm excited!

3.3/170, fwiw.
Congrats! Can you get into the admitted students website?
Edit: nvm lol congrats!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:57 pm

LOCI sent. Hopes are high.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wakefield

Bronze

Post by wakefield » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:58 pm

Shlonster wrote:In as of today, snail mail, big envelope, comes with jump drive and portfolio/binder deal. Nice handwritten note from Dean Z, of course, which is a surprise because I know she is outta town doing the Truman stuff.... must have been sent off right before she left.

Status checker still at 2/22, complete. Doesn't say decision, and envelope is postmarked 2/22. Also, I live across the country.

I was a little worried about my cycle with a WL at Gtown, Duke, and UVa, but now I don't care anymore. I would gladly pay sticker at Mich (well... not gladly) Anyway, I'm excited!

3.3/170, fwiw.

edit: still can't log in to admitted students website, but I swear the letter is addressed to me and everything.....
Congrats! Did you write a Why Mich or any extra essays?

Now I'm going to really, really hope my status is stuck at 2/22 because an acceptance packet is on the way. : P

Torvon

Bronze

Post by Torvon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:00 pm

3.3/170, fwiw.

edit: still can't log in to admitted students website, but I swear the letter is addressed to me and everything.....
Congratulations!
Last edited by Torvon on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:01 pm

Torvon wrote:

3.3/170, fwiw.

Congratulations! Can you get into the AS website?
wow, dude

Torvon

Bronze

Post by Torvon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:02 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Torvon wrote:

3.3/170, fwiw.

wow, dude
wow, dude

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:04 pm

Torvon wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
Torvon wrote:

3.3/170, fwiw.

wow, dude
wow, dude
RC much?

Torvon

Bronze

Post by Torvon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:06 pm

Helmholtz wrote: RC much?
Miss the LSAT forum much?

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:07 pm

3.3/170, fwiw.

congrats dude, where do you live? crossing my fingers that mine just hasn't gotten here yet...

Shlonster

Bronze

Post by Shlonster » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:07 pm

wakefield wrote:

3.3/170, fwiw.

Congrats! Did you write a Why Mich or any extra essays?

Edit: Also, does anyone know how the scholarship info. at Mich works? Does it come with the packet, a couple weeks later.... I know, I could go searching through this thread for it but if anyone knows off the top of their dome, that'd be great.....

Now I'm going to really, really hope my status is stuck at 2/22 because an acceptance packet is on the way. : P
I did not write a Why Mich? but I did do two optional essays (#4 and #6, I believe) both of which I felt were mediocre at best, but honest. Good luck to you!
Last edited by Shlonster on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:07 pm

Torvon wrote:
Helmholtz wrote: RC much?
Miss the LSAT forum much?
not really

Shlonster

Bronze

Post by Shlonster » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:20 pm

Just to save me some time here... does anyone know how the scholly info. with UMich works? With the packet, a couple weeks later? Nothing at all for a bozo like me, or wat?

astro1819

Bronze

Post by astro1819 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:22 pm

Shlonster wrote:Just to save me some time here... does anyone know how the scholly info. with UMich works? With the packet, a couple weeks later? Nothing at all for a bozo like me, or wat?
Mine came one to two weeks after I received the acceptance package. The scholly letter arrives via snail mail. Good luck!!

Shlonster

Bronze

Post by Shlonster » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:32 pm

astro1819 wrote:
Shlonster wrote:Just to save me some time here... does anyone know how the scholly info. with UMich works? With the packet, a couple weeks later? Nothing at all for a bozo like me, or wat?
Mine came one to two weeks after I received the acceptance package. The scholly letter arrives via snail mail. Good luck!!
Thank ya much good sir!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MF248

Bronze

Post by MF248 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:59 pm

3.3/170, fwiw.

Major congrats!

Btw, when did you originally go complete?

DOOM

Bronze

Post by DOOM » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:41 am

MF248 wrote:

3.3/170, fwiw.

Major congrats!

I know it was the case a few pages back in the thread, but is everyone who is complete STILL stuck at 2/22?
Could there be a unique "stuck Complete at 2/22" batch?

Shlonster

Bronze

Post by Shlonster » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:54 am

DOOM wrote:
MF248 wrote: Major congrats!

I know it was the case a few pages back in the thread, but is everyone who is complete STILL stuck at 2/22?
Original complete: 2/10

My understanding of the 2/22 date is that Dean Z is out of town doing some Truman Award/Scholarship thing, not really sure what it is, so there isn't much movement going on w/status checkers. Total guess, however......

I tend to doubt that there is a "stuck at 2/22 batch" since I'm way across the country; there would have been some other admits on here talking about it if so.... not trying to be a downer or anything.

DOOM

Bronze

Post by DOOM » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:04 am

Shlonster wrote:
DOOM wrote:

My understanding of the 2/22 date is that Dean Z is out of town doing some Truman Award/Scholarship thing, not really sure what it is, so there isn't much movement going on w/status checkers. Total guess, however......

I tend to doubt that there is a "stuck at 2/22 batch" since I'm way across the country; there would have been some other admits on here talking about it if so.... not trying to be a downer or anything.
thanks! im still keeping hope though! :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Shlonster

Bronze

Post by Shlonster » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:10 am

DOOM wrote:
Shlonster wrote:
DOOM wrote:

thanks! im still keeping hope though! :D
You're welcome... MF DOOM fan? Doomtree? P.O.S.? not hijacking the thread, just noticed the tar/name

DOOM

Bronze

Post by DOOM » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:15 am

Shlonster wrote: You're welcome... MF DOOM fan? Doomtree? P.O.S.? not hijacking the thread, just noticed the tar/name
love MF DOOM. but he's an asshole. I was one of the suckers treated to a "doomposter" at the Chicago show. I was the most disappointed kid in the world. and i had a bad feeling the whole time going in. i'll no better next time. :(

Shlonster

Bronze

Post by Shlonster » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:28 am

DOOM wrote:
Shlonster wrote: You're welcome... MF DOOM fan? Doomtree? P.O.S.? not hijacking the thread, just noticed the tar/name
love MF DOOM. but he's an asshole. I was one of the suckers treated to a "doomposter" at the Chicago show. I was the most disappointed kid in the world. and i had a bad feeling the whole time going in. i'll no better next time. :(
Ouch... sorry, but everything he does is villain style..... :roll:

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:02 am

Shlonster wrote:
DOOM wrote:

This is probably right, though it's a little insane that they might need the Dean to press whatever button that updates the status checkers on a daily basis. Does she come in on Saturdays to do this as well? Weird.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”