michigan 2010 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Vegas_Rebel

Bronze

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Post by Vegas_Rebel » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:54 pm

starstruck393 wrote:I don't know, I still think something seems weird about that. Has anyone in that group actually gotten a rejection yet?
Nothing in the mailbox today, but what else could it be?

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:58 pm

Vegas_Rebel wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:I don't know, I still think something seems weird about that. Has anyone in that group actually gotten a rejection yet?
Nothing in the mailbox today, but what else could it be?
+1, but no, no one has gotten a rejection letter yet. We just can't get into admitted students site which is a sign of rejection... Even last year.
I will probably be the first one getting mail tomorrow (11ish) and will post shortly after if I do get anything. I am back in school so it will probably be a quick message.

Slyjoker87

New

Post by Slyjoker87 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:01 pm

I think that the autoadmits and autodings got decision first this year. If so, it's not looking good for decisions with no accesss to AS website.

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:03 pm

Slyjoker87 wrote:I think that the autoadmits and autodings got decision first this year. If so, it's not looking good for decisions with no accesss to AS website.
If you are going by numbers, there are quite of few people who are certainly not autodings that papear to be rejected as of 1/9.

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:05 pm

dk8 wrote:
Slyjoker87 wrote:I think that the autoadmits and autodings got decision first this year. If so, it's not looking good for decisions with no accesss to AS website.
If you are going by numbers, there are quite of few people who are certainly not autodings that papear to be rejected as of 1/9.
Like me.. I will probably be the highest numbers ever rejected from UofM with a little over two weeks UR...

Not me, but this is interesting:
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/newmonastic/jd wrote:Updates:
-------------------------------------------
01/12/10
~ A reenactment of yesterday's events by popular demand:

Me: Hi Michigan, I have a shiny new mailing address now. And here it is!
Mich: We don't need it. Your big fat rejection letter is ALREADY IN THE MAIL! Muahahahaha!!
Me: *shock*
Mich: Yeah, sorry. We don't usually do this by email but, in your case, we decided to make an exception. Now go eat mud.

In all seriousness, the Michigan email was very polite. They seem like wonderful folks and all the people who have already made it in are lucky indeed. Alas, despite my best efforts, it was simply not meant to be.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back from them.
01/11/10
~ Dinged at Michigan via email. Oh, the humanity!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Slyjoker87

New

Post by Slyjoker87 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:12 pm

Kakarot wrote:
dk8 wrote:
Like me.. I will probably be the highest numbers ever rejected from UofM with a little over two weeks UR...

Not me, but this is interesting:
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/newmonastic/jd wrote:Updates:
01/12/10
~ A reenactment of yesterday's events by popular demand:

Me: Hi Michigan, I have a shiny new mailing address now. And here it is!
Mich: We don't need it. Your big fat rejection letter is ALREADY IN THE MAIL! Muahahahaha!!
Me: *shock*
Mich: Yeah, sorry. We don't usually do this by email but, in your case, we decided to make an exception. Now go eat mud.

In all seriousness, the Michigan email was very polite. They seem like wonderful folks and all the people who have already made it in are lucky indeed. Alas, despite my best efforts, it was simply not meant to be.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back from them.
01/11/10
~ Dinged at Michigan via email. Oh, the humanity!
Flame! You also could be auto accept... :D

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:15 pm

Slyjoker87 wrote: Flame! You also could be auto accept... :D
I went DR 1/11/09 and have no admitted student access, so I am rejected. Odd...

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:23 pm

i too got the useless, longass "we're sorry we're so slow" email. is anyone considering adding anything to their app? i wish i had something worth adding but I really don't unless I wanted to update my resume....but my job sucks so i doubt it matters!

stopscreaming

New

Post by stopscreaming » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:33 pm

I went complete on 1/11 and was unable to access the accepted students site this morning (I got a weird error message that took up the whole page but no red text.) I received nothing in the mail today but as a Hail Mary I took a shot at the admitted students website tonight and found that I have access. Under the mail & money tab it says my admission mailing has been sent out for "admit term 2010" but does not expressly say that I have been admitted. I cannot access the financial aid mailing sites under M&M and it says that these pages will be unavailable until February.

Is this a good sign? I don't want to get my hopes up unnecessarily...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:37 pm

stopscreaming wrote:I went complete on 1/11 and was unable to access the accepted students site this morning (I got a weird error message that took up the whole page but no red text.) I received nothing in the mail today but as a Hail Mary I took a shot at the admitted students website tonight and found that I have access. Under the mail & money tab it says my admission mailing has been sent out for "admit term 2010" but does not expressly say that I have been admitted. I cannot access the financial aid mailing sites under M&M and it says that these pages will be unavailable until February.

Flame?

roxy8338

New

Post by roxy8338 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:38 pm

Question...did anyone not get the held e-mail, status is still complete, and can't log into the admitted website?

Because then you're with me.

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:39 pm

roxy8338 wrote:Question...did anyone not get the held e-mail, status is still complete, and can't log into the admitted website?

lots of people

stopscreaming

New

Post by stopscreaming » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:58 pm

Kakarot wrote:
stopscreaming wrote:I went complete on 1/11 and was unable to access the accepted students site this morning (I got a weird error message that took up the whole page but no red text.) I received nothing in the mail today but as a Hail Mary I took a shot at the admitted students website tonight and found that I have access. Under the mail & money tab it says my admission mailing has been sent out for "admit term 2010" but does not expressly say that I have been admitted. I cannot access the financial aid mailing sites under M&M and it says that these pages will be unavailable until February.

Flame?

No flame. I really do want to know: Are you guys acting under the assumption that access to ASW at this point = admit? Couldn't everyone access that site previously? I never attempted to do so before today (when I freaked out in response to having a decision with no email.) Is the admit site I can see now different from the old one?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 pm

stopscreaming wrote:Are you guys acting under the assumption that access to ASW at this point = admit?
Yes.
stopscreaming wrote: Couldn't everyone access that site previously?
No.

AngryAvocado

Silver

Post by AngryAvocado » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:01 pm

dk8 wrote:
roxy8338 wrote:Question...did anyone not get the held e-mail, status is still complete, and can't log into the admitted website?

lots of people
When did you guys go complete? My impression was this email would only go to people that have been complete/waiting for some time now.

stopscreaming

New

Post by stopscreaming » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:03 pm

Well, here's hoping!

Also, if several people (possibly including me) with 1/11 decisions are admits, and there havent been any confirmed rejections couldn't they all be admits? Could it be a wave? Berkeley sent out a wave of admits right before they sent a "we have to think more about you" email... Could this be the same?

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:05 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:
dk8 wrote:

lots of people
When did you guys go complete? My impression was this email would only go to people that have been complete/waiting for some time now.
Status checker 12/2 for me.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

groundkontrol

Bronze

Post by groundkontrol » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:23 pm

Everyone needs to stop calling it a "hold" email. Hold usually means deferral and this is not a deferral of any kind. It is simply a courtesy email telling us not to panic and be anxious. Someone already called the Admissions Office and this was verified. Moreover, someone posted this LSN profile: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/MeTalkPrettyOneDay This person was accepted to Mich a month after his "courtesy" email. Read below:

Michigan:
(*)1/16 - Received an email basically saying we know you exist, we have your app, but we haven't made a decision yet. Note: the email was an unsolicited message to many pending applicants. It's a nice touch from Dean Z. It lets us know she hasn't forgotten about us, and it gives her a chance to send us a very nice message. If you get this email, don't worry - plenty of students are accepted after receiving this email! I'd call the email a more-or-less neutral sign. It is neither definitely bad nor definitely good.
(*)2/4 - Went to "Decision" on status check, then successfully logged into the admitted student page. The page indicates my acceptance package is in the mail. Very excited! (Note: Some applicants, me included, were unable to log into the admitted student page on Internet Explorer, but logged in successfully on Firefox... so if IE fails, try Firefox.)
(*)2/6 - Received my acceptance package via snail mail!
(*)2/17 - Received scholarship offer via snail mail! $54,000 (3-year total; merit).

GobiasIndustries

Bronze

Post by GobiasIndustries » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:28 pm

stopscreaming wrote:Well, here's hoping!

Also, if several people (possibly including me) with 1/11 decisions are admits, and there havent been any confirmed rejections couldn't they all be admits? Could it be a wave? Berkeley sent out a wave of admits right before they sent a "we have to think more about you" email... Could this be the same?
I admire your optimism! If Michigan breaks my 3 rejections in the last 2 days I would be surprised, though. There's a nice spot for them reserved on my endtable of shame.

stopscreaming

New

Post by stopscreaming » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:37 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:

I admire your optimism! If Michigan breaks my 3 rejections in the last 2 days I would be surprised, though. There's a nice spot for them reserved on my endtable of shame.

Ack, three in a row? That's rough. This cycle has been vicious. Mind if I ask who you've heard back from?

GobiasIndustries

Bronze

Post by GobiasIndustries » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:39 pm

stopscreaming wrote:
GobiasIndustries wrote:

Ack, three in a row? That's rough. This cycle has been vicious. Mind if I ask who you've heard back from?
PM'd with details. But suffice to say that today was UCLA and Penn, so Mich isn't looking so hot.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:01 pm

Still haven't received the ding letter.

tomhobbes

Bronze

Post by tomhobbes » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:07 pm

Last edited by tomhobbes on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:14 pm

Fuck off red text, fuck off!

jc1988

Bronze

Post by jc1988 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:15 pm

so for those who received hold emails, did your status change to decision too?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”