michigan 2010 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
beef wellington

Silver

Re: michigan 2010 applicants

Post by beef wellington » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:07 am

OK, so there's at least two of us. I liked it better when it was just me. Now it looks more like their first batch of rejects.

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:07 am

well look, since acceptances have come out at random and presumably many will be dinged at once, maybe you werent dinged if a ton of other people, particularly those with auto-reject type numbers, are still at complete status. lets see if other people start posting here with 1/9 dr status.

edit: damn guys, condolences.
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:09 am

talibkweli wrote:at some point very soon, this thread will turn into a bloodbath of epic proportions. they must have entire rooms full of ding letters waiting to go out

This looks like it turned out to be true.

I know a few pages back there was someone who didn't have access to the AS site for maybe day after going decision and then got it. But yeah, most likely their first batch of rejections. God, I really wanted Michigan.

172 2.7 AA male, FWIW.

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:10 am

hopefulundergrad wrote:Heart just skipped a beat. Decision on status checker an no access to admitted students site. It said I went DR on Saturday but I'm pretty sure I checked at some point yest. Damn you Michigan!
Shit, man, this makes me sad. Hopefully some kind of glitch in the system or mistake on their part.

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:12 am

hopefulundergrad wrote:
talibkweli wrote:at some point very soon, this thread will turn into a bloodbath of epic proportions. they must have entire rooms full of ding letters waiting to go out

I know a few pages back there was someone who didn't have access to the AS site for maybe day after going decision and then got it. But yeah, most likely their first batch of rejections. God, I really wanted Michigan.

172 2.7 AA male, FWIW.
maybe you guys were waitlisted? actually, damn the status checker would actually tell you that, wouldn't it?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:14 am

talibkweli wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:

172 2.7 AA male, FWIW.
maybe you guys were waitlisted?
"Waitlist offer extended" would presumably show up on the status checker.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:16 am

talibkweli wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:

172 2.7 AA male, FWIW.
maybe you guys were waitlisted? actually, damn the status checker would actually tell you that, wouldn't it?
MichiganLaw wrote: Explanation of Status Options

Incomplete:
An initial review of your application by our processing staff has been completed. It has been determined that your application is missing one or more of the following items:
o Completed application form, including signed certification(s)
o Application Fee
o List of activities and work experiences
o Personal statement
o LSDAS report received from LSAC
o Letter of Recommendation
We have sent you a letter with details regarding missing items.
Complete:
Your application is currently being reviewed. If your application is shown as complete and under review but your LSDAS account does not show that we've requested your LSDAS report, don't be concerned: no application is complete without an LSDAS report, so if your status says complete, we definitely have your LSDAS report. The confusion stems from our having a Summer and a Fall term start; we probably requested your report under Summer, while you are probably looking at the LSDAS web site under Fall. LSDAS requires that we specify only one term, Summer or Fall, when we make a request, but if you have applied for both, you will be considered for both; the LSDAS requirement has no bearing on our internal processes.
Early Decision - No Decision:
Your early decision application was not one of the few that we selected for admission. We have, however, rolled your application into our regular-decision applicant pool, and are continuing to consider you as a candidate.
Decision:
We have reached a decision on your application and you will receive a written decision soon. Please wait 10 to 14 days from the time you first see this message to receive your written decision before contacting the Admissions Office.
Withdrawn:
You have chosen to withdraw your application.
Waitlist Offer Extended:
You have been offered a spot on our waitlist. If you are interested in being considered on this basis, please complete the Waitlist Response Form and return it by email, snail mail, or fax within two weeks of the date of the waitlist offer email you received. Click here for detailed Waitlist information.
Waitlisted
Your Waitlist Response Form requesting continued consideration under our waitlist policy has been received.
Looks like we would have received WL emails. Sigh, calling tomorrow to see if I can take the Feb LSAT and be reconsidered.

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:17 am

hopefulundergrad wrote:
talibkweli wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:

172 2.7 AA male, FWIW.
MichiganLaw wrote: Explanation of Status Options

Incomplete:
An initial review of your application by our processing staff has been completed. It has been determined that your application is missing one or more of the following items:
o Completed application form, including signed certification(s)
o Application Fee
o List of activities and work experiences
o Personal statement
o LSDAS report received from LSAC
o Letter of Recommendation
We have sent you a letter with details regarding missing items.
Complete:
Your application is currently being reviewed. If your application is shown as complete and under review but your LSDAS account does not show that we've requested your LSDAS report, don't be concerned: no application is complete without an LSDAS report, so if your status says complete, we definitely have your LSDAS report. The confusion stems from our having a Summer and a Fall term start; we probably requested your report under Summer, while you are probably looking at the LSDAS web site under Fall. LSDAS requires that we specify only one term, Summer or Fall, when we make a request, but if you have applied for both, you will be considered for both; the LSDAS requirement has no bearing on our internal processes.
Early Decision - No Decision:
Your early decision application was not one of the few that we selected for admission. We have, however, rolled your application into our regular-decision applicant pool, and are continuing to consider you as a candidate.
Decision:
We have reached a decision on your application and you will receive a written decision soon. Please wait 10 to 14 days from the time you first see this message to receive your written decision before contacting the Admissions Office.
Withdrawn:
You have chosen to withdraw your application.
Waitlist Offer Extended:
You have been offered a spot on our waitlist. If you are interested in being considered on this basis, please complete the Waitlist Response Form and return it by email, snail mail, or fax within two weeks of the date of the waitlist offer email you received. Click here for detailed Waitlist information.
Waitlisted
Your Waitlist Response Form requesting continued consideration under our waitlist policy has been received.
Looks like we would have received WL emails. Sigh, calling tomorrow to see if I can take the Feb LSAT and be reconsidered.
Good luck hopefulundergrad.

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:22 am

hopefulundergrad wrote:

dude its not worth it. seriously, just throw on the wayfarers and lounge on the beach until its time to go to charlottesville or cambridge or wherever. you're absolutely golden as it is.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:34 am

I was the 2nd post of this thread and it to 83 pages for me to get my decision. It took 9 weeks to the day to go from Complete to Decision.

floppymex

Bronze

Post by floppymex » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:36 am

Also Decision, also no AS. Also splitter URM. Also hurting.

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:40 am

floppymex wrote:Also Decision, also no AS. Also splitter URM. Also hurting.
I feel you. Good luck on the rest of your cycle.

browniebear

New

Post by browniebear » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:44 am

DR 1/9 and I have access to the AS website...does that definitely mean I'm in?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:47 am

browniebear wrote:DR 1/9 and I have access to the AS website...does that definitely mean I'm in?
Are you being serious? So it was a mixed batch? The fact you registered today makes me suspicious. Numbers?

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:47 am

I'ma go walk on the beach and try to enjoy the Auckland sunset. Then prolly do some boozin. Seems this thread's about to take a tragic turn.

tamlyric

Silver

Post by tamlyric » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:52 am

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone in limbo. :( Good luck!

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:52 am

beef wellington wrote:I'ma go walk on the beach and try to enjoy the Auckland sunset. Then prolly do some boozin. Seems this thread's about to take a tragic turn.
If they mailed the letter on Thursday then I should have it by tomorrow latest. Leaving Tuesday for Chicago so hopefully I get it so I can have some closure and a clear head.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tamlyric

Silver

Post by tamlyric » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:52 am

edit: accidental repeat.
Last edited by tamlyric on Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:55 am

They accepted a 170 3.08 white male from a T10. Obviously not splitter averse so it must just be a 3.0 floor.

Burberry by Burberry

Bronze

Post by Burberry by Burberry » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:10 am

I'm calling it: Decision: 1/9/10. No access to Admitted Students website.

I chose not to identify my ethnicity in my application. I did not write a "Why Michigan" essay. I applied for "Either summer or fall term start."

PM me for numbers.
Last edited by Burberry by Burberry on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

browniebear

New

Post by browniebear » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:11 am

hopefulundergrad wrote:
browniebear wrote:DR 1/9 and I have access to the AS website...does that definitely mean I'm in?
Are you being serious? So it was a mixed batch? The fact you registered today makes me suspicious. Numbers?

Just registered today because I wasn't sure about the AS site and wanted to ask others. Numbers: 170/3.71 Submitted my app on 11/28 and got my "status checker" email with the Michigan ID on 12/23. Went DR on the Michigan status checker 1/9 but didn't check it until today.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:15 am

Burberry by Burberry wrote:I'm calling it: Decision: 1/9/10. No access to Admitted Students website.

I chose not to identify my ethnicity in my application. I did not write a "Why Michigan" essay. I applied for "Either summer or fall term start."

PM me for numbers.
I did write a Why Michigan and my UG's writing center and the TLSers I showed it to all said it was solid. I applied for summer or fall but indicated a stronger preference for fall.

Reedie

Bronze

Post by Reedie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:46 am

I wonder what I should make of my status checker not having changed.

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:58 am

Reedie wrote:I wonder what I should make of my status checker not having changed.
Mine also hasn't changed. Applied 10/27, stats in LSN.

Vegas_Rebel

Bronze

Post by Vegas_Rebel » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:59 am

Jumping on the "Status Checker - Decision, no AS access" bandwagon.

Hopefully we all get access to the site today and it just wasn't updating on Sunday.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”