Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Veritas » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:56 pm

tintin wrote:They want to interview me too.

WTF? I have a 168/3.9. Is it because I'm gay??? What on earth about my application could make them hesitate? I don't have any disciplinary records....great evaluations.... I'm at a loss. :cry:

I want them to want to interview me.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby 02082010 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:57 pm

tintin wrote:They want to interview me too.

WTF? I have a 168/3.9. Is it because I'm gay??? What on earth about my application could make them hesitate? I don't have any disciplinary records....great evaluations.... I'm at a loss. :cry:


:shock: Don't think that's it.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby tintin » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:00 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
tintin wrote:They want to interview me too.

WTF? I have a 168/3.9. Is it because I'm gay??? What on earth about my application could make them hesitate? I don't have any disciplinary records....great evaluations.... I'm at a loss. :cry:


:shock: Don't think that's it.


what could it be?? seriously, my application is pretty normal from what i can judge....

Reverethong
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Reverethong » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:03 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
tintin wrote:They want to interview me too.

WTF? I have a 168/3.9. Is it because I'm gay??? What on earth about my application could make them hesitate? I don't have any disciplinary records....great evaluations.... I'm at a loss. :cry:


:shock: Don't think that's it.



agreed-my PS centered around being gay, and I have not been asked for an interview...although, there's prob. a high chance I'm going to be YP'd based on what I've been reading here...

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby 02082010 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:03 pm

tintin wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
tintin wrote:They want to interview me too.

WTF? I have a 168/3.9. Is it because I'm gay??? What on earth about my application could make them hesitate? I don't have any disciplinary records....great evaluations.... I'm at a loss. :cry:


:shock: Don't think that's it.


what could it be?? seriously, my application is pretty normal from what i can judge....


Last year I thought they interviewed me (and some other applicants) just to see what type of applicants they were rejecting.

However, I do have a disciplinary record and a TTT GPA so that could explain things. Strong upward trend addressed by both my LOR writers, above-average PS, average DS and compelling GPA addendum.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby tintin » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:06 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
Last year I thought they interviewed me (and some other applicants) just to see what type of applicants they were rejecting.

However, I do have a disciplinary record and a TTT GPA so that could explain things. Strong upward trend addressed by both my LOR writers, above-average PS, average DS and compelling GPA addendum.



greeeeat :roll: I hope that's not it. If i can't get into gtown I'm probably screwed as far as michigan and berkeley go....

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jk11287 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:10 pm

Goddamnit, i want an interview. Are any of you who got asked to do one ED?

T14Hopeful09
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby T14Hopeful09 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:14 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
Agreed. Definitely not YP material, but how are 172 2.7 and 168 2.3 even in the same category? Especially since I applied in Jan last cycle. I called GULC and they said they don't keep files after a cycle is over so they had no idea I interviewed last year and no longer have the summary of the interview that interviewer wrote up. I'm just annoyed by this whole process even though I should be extremely flattered T14s are even considering my TTT GPA. A 175 2.9 (rough stats of a few applicants they've already accepted) impacts median the same way my numbers do. I'm going to stop whinning.

/rant


They may just interview everyone under a certain GPA? I dont know. It sucks you have to again when you already did.


Not a GPA thing. My GPA was a 3.9 (summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa) and they still want me to interview. I have no idea how they decide who should interview...it kinda sucks.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:15 pm

T14Hopeful09 wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
Agreed. Definitely not YP material, but how are 172 2.7 and 168 2.3 even in the same category? Especially since I applied in Jan last cycle. I called GULC and they said they don't keep files after a cycle is over so they had no idea I interviewed last year and no longer have the summary of the interview that interviewer wrote up. I'm just annoyed by this whole process even though I should be extremely flattered T14s are even considering my TTT GPA. A 175 2.9 (rough stats of a few applicants they've already accepted) impacts median the same way my numbers do. I'm going to stop whinning.

/rant


They may just interview everyone under a certain GPA? I dont know. It sucks you have to again when you already did.


Not a GPA thing. My GPA was a 3.9 (summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa) and they still want me to interview. I have no idea how they decide who should interview...it kinda sucks.


What was your LSAT? Yours could be YP

User avatar
CoutureChiq
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby CoutureChiq » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:16 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
T14Hopeful09 wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
Agreed. Definitely not YP material, but how are 172 2.7 and 168 2.3 even in the same category? Especially since I applied in Jan last cycle. I called GULC and they said they don't keep files after a cycle is over so they had no idea I interviewed last year and no longer have the summary of the interview that interviewer wrote up. I'm just annoyed by this whole process even though I should be extremely flattered T14s are even considering my TTT GPA. A 175 2.9 (rough stats of a few applicants they've already accepted) impacts median the same way my numbers do. I'm going to stop whinning.

/rant


They may just interview everyone under a certain GPA? I dont know. It sucks you have to again when you already did.


Not a GPA thing. My GPA was a 3.9 (summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa) and they still want me to interview. I have no idea how they decide who should interview...it kinda sucks.


What was your LSAT? Yours could be YP


Are you guys URM?

T14Hopeful09
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby T14Hopeful09 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:18 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
T14Hopeful09 wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
Agreed. Definitely not YP material, but how are 172 2.7 and 168 2.3 even in the same category? Especially since I applied in Jan last cycle. I called GULC and they said they don't keep files after a cycle is over so they had no idea I interviewed last year and no longer have the summary of the interview that interviewer wrote up. I'm just annoyed by this whole process even though I should be extremely flattered T14s are even considering my TTT GPA. A 175 2.9 (rough stats of a few applicants they've already accepted) impacts median the same way my numbers do. I'm going to stop whinning.

/rant


They may just interview everyone under a certain GPA? I dont know. It sucks you have to again when you already did.


Not a GPA thing. My GPA was a 3.9 (summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa) and they still want me to interview. I have no idea how they decide who should interview...it kinda sucks.


What was your LSAT? Yours could be YP


My LSAT score wasn't amazing but not terrible either. It was fine for UVA so I would think it would be ok for gtown. But who knows.

T14Hopeful09
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby T14Hopeful09 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:19 pm

yea AA male

User avatar
CoutureChiq
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby CoutureChiq » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:21 pm

T14Hopeful09 wrote:yea AA male


Maybe it's an URM check?

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby tintin » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:23 pm

not a urm, but like i said, gay and wrote my PS about it. seriously that is the only thing i can think that would make them want to interview me.....

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:24 pm

tintin wrote:not a urm, but like i said, gay and wrote my PS about it. seriously that is the only thing i can think that would make them want to interview me.....


Fabulous check?

Torvon
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Torvon » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:24 pm

CoutureChiq wrote:
T14Hopeful09 wrote:yea AA male


Maybe it's an URM check?


Oh crap, they check that? Is there any way to change your race on an already submitted application?

T14Hopeful09
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby T14Hopeful09 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:24 pm

CoutureChiq wrote:
T14Hopeful09 wrote:yea AA male


Maybe it's an URM check?


lol not an URM check. But that would be funny.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby tintin » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:29 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
tintin wrote:not a urm, but like i said, gay and wrote my PS about it. seriously that is the only thing i can think that would make them want to interview me.....


Fabulous check?


well if they really wanna check they can send me a very attractive lesbian lawyer and i'll make sure they know how committed to my queerness i am....

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby avacado111 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:33 pm

Torvon wrote:
CoutureChiq wrote:
T14Hopeful09 wrote:yea AA male


Maybe it's an URM check?


Oh crap, they check that? Is there any way to change your race on an already submitted application?


Your kidding correct? You don't check any race on the georgetown app. You have to write a diversity statement.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:33 pm

tintin wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
tintin wrote:not a urm, but like i said, gay and wrote my PS about it. seriously that is the only thing i can think that would make them want to interview me.....


Fabulous check?


well if they really wanna check they can send me a very attractive lesbian lawyer and i'll make sure they know how committed to my queerness i am....


Deal

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby tintin » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:34 pm

actually i just had a horrible thought. what if they set me up with an interviewer who isn't gay-friendly???? that could really screw things up. i wonder if theres a way i can tactfully ask gtown to make sure my interviewer isn't homophobic??

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Veritas » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:36 pm

tintin wrote:actually i just had a horrible thought. what if they set me up with an interviewer who isn't gay-friendly???? that could really screw things up. i wonder if theres a way i can tactfully ask gtown to make sure my interviewer isn't homophobic??

I really think you are blowing it out of proportion.

Also, if they do discriminate based on your sexuality, why would you want to go there? (I am not assuming that they do, just basing my query on your concerns)

If GULC uses interviewers who are biased and hateful, you're better off not going there (we all are actually)

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:37 pm

Veritas wrote:
tintin wrote:actually i just had a horrible thought. what if they set me up with an interviewer who isn't gay-friendly???? that could really screw things up. i wonder if theres a way i can tactfully ask gtown to make sure my interviewer isn't homophobic??

I really think you are blowing it out of proportion.

Also, if they do discriminate based on your sexuality, why would you want to go there? (I am not assuming that they do, just basing my query on your concerns)

If GULC uses interviewers who are biased and hateful, you're better off not going there (we all are actually)


Veritas is right.. BUT YOU STILL SUCK

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby tintin » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:39 pm

Veritas wrote:
tintin wrote:actually i just had a horrible thought. what if they set me up with an interviewer who isn't gay-friendly???? that could really screw things up. i wonder if theres a way i can tactfully ask gtown to make sure my interviewer isn't homophobic??

I really think you are blowing it out of proportion.

Also, if they do discriminate based on your sexuality, why would you want to go there? (I am not assuming that they do, just basing my query on your concerns)

If GULC uses interviewers who are biased and hateful, you're better off not going there (we all are actually)


yeah, i am probably unnecessarily scared. but one homophobic interviewer doesn't mean the whole school is hahahah. but it could def affect an interviewer's perception of me.

anyways, only thing to do is charge ahead and see what happens!

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby avacado111 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:43 pm

if you feel that the interviewer was a homophobe or made inappropriate comments... couldn't you just report it to admissions?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: euler, Google [Bot], henryyou and 8 guests