Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Veritas » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:22 pm

dakatz wrote:Under review on 10/28 and no update since then. Expecting a long wait

me too, same date. I'm tired of seeing it in the status checker

zoey15
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:12 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby zoey15 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:15 pm

complete 11/6 sigh

nothing since. i know im ridiculously demanding, time-wise, but c'mon gtown!

User avatar
AngryAvocado
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby AngryAvocado » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:20 pm

maggiebre wrote:
pikalove wrote:ACCEPTED AT GEORGETOWN!!!

Fedex just came.... the Dean's note was so cute and very personalized :) YAY!



Congratulations!! Finally haha


Your tar made me start watching Mad Men again. Just thought I'd share that.

Also, chiming in, went complete RD on 11/03 and no word since.

pj06
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:54 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby pj06 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:22 pm

I just got an email asking to participate in an interview with an alum. I saw a couple other people earlier in this thread had too, how'd it go for you?

phoenix_302
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:57 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby phoenix_302 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:36 pm

pj06 wrote:I just got an email asking to participate in an interview with an alum. I saw a couple other people earlier in this thread had too, how'd it go for you?


I just go the email too.

redes
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:20 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby redes » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:43 pm

zoey15 wrote:complete 11/6 sigh

nothing since. i know im ridiculously demanding, time-wise, but c'mon gtown!


I'm wondering this too. Anyone who is under review or has a decision want to share how long it was before they went from Complete to Under Review?

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby 02082010 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:43 pm

Are you fucking kidding me GULC. I applied last yr (168 2.3 AA male) and they asked me to interview, I did, the alumnus told me he was very impressed, and then they dinged me. This year, (172 2.7 still AA male) they ask me to do it again after I've already been accepted to a higher ranked school.

Should I interview? Ugh....

User avatar
Foozle
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Foozle » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:44 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:Are you fucking kidding me GULC. I applied last yr (168 2.3 AA male) and they asked me to interview, I did, the alumnus told me he was very impressed, and then they dinged me. This year, (172 2.7 still AA male) they ask me to do it again after I've already been accepted to a higher ranked school.

Should I interview? Ugh....

I love the bolded part.

If you're interested in attending GULC, then I'd say do it. Otherwise, I'd email them back saying that you did the interview last year.

User avatar
pikalove
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby pikalove » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:50 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:Are you fucking kidding me GULC. I applied last yr (168 2.3 AA male) and they asked me to interview, I did, the alumnus told me he was very impressed, and then they dinged me. This year, (172 2.7 still AA male) they ask me to do it again after I've already been accepted to a higher ranked school.

Should I interview? Ugh....


I know you've been waiting for a while.... sorry to hear this!! If GULC has a strong program in what you are interested in then do it, otherwise don't. I personally think the rankings only go so far - its important to choose a school that fits with your needs. If GULC has a program that would fit your needs more than the higher ranked school, its in your best interest to do it IMO :).

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby 02082010 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:50 pm

I'm assuming this means they are considering me strictly for FT even though I applied to both. I never in my wildest dreams thought 2.7 was YP territory, but do they think I'm going to go somewhere else and want to see if I'm really interested? Very annoyed with this situation.

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ruleser » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:53 pm

What are your numbers/under review dates for those who just got interview e-mails?

wootwootdc
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby wootwootdc » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:59 pm

ruleser wrote:What are your numbers/under review dates for those who just got interview e-mails?


Yes! also, when did you submit and are you RD or ED?

User avatar
NayBoer
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby NayBoer » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:03 pm

Veritas wrote:
dakatz wrote:Under review on 10/28 and no update since then. Expecting a long wait

me too, same date. I'm tired of seeing it in the status checker
Same here; 10/28, FT RD.

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Emma. » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:12 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:I'm assuming this means they are considering me strictly for FT even though I applied to both. I never in my wildest dreams thought 2.7 was YP territory, but do they think I'm going to go somewhere else and want to see if I'm really interested? Very annoyed with this situation.


I have a friend with very similar numbers, slightly higher GPA who was also asked to interview.. I don't know if it is YP... Seems like they interview marginal numbers as well? Right now I'd just be stoked for an interview. :|

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:13 pm

emrose wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:I'm assuming this means they are considering me strictly for FT even though I applied to both. I never in my wildest dreams thought 2.7 was YP territory, but do they think I'm going to go somewhere else and want to see if I'm really interested? Very annoyed with this situation.


I have a friend with very similar numbers, slightly higher GPA who was also asked to interview.. I don't know if it is YP... Seems like they interview marginal numbers as well? Right now I'd just be stoked for an interview. :|


I think they interview for marginal numbers more than YP. I dont think those are YP numbers

Amelie
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Amelie » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:14 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:
maggiebre wrote:
pikalove wrote:ACCEPTED AT GEORGETOWN!!!

Fedex just came.... the Dean's note was so cute and very personalized :) YAY!



Congratulations!! Finally haha


Your tar made me start watching Mad Men again. Just thought I'd share that.

Also, chiming in, went complete RD on 11/03 and no word since.


haha, best show on tv.

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Emma. » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:15 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
I think they interview for marginal numbers more than YP


Yeah that was my thought... and hopefullundergrad I think the URM thing has much less of an effect on your GPA than your LSAT score (sadly, in my case) so even as an AA the 2.7 is maybe more on the marginal side of things.

User avatar
CoutureChiq
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby CoutureChiq » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:19 pm

+1
redes wrote:
zoey15 wrote:complete 11/6 sigh

nothing since. i know im ridiculously demanding, time-wise, but c'mon gtown!


I'm wondering this too. Anyone who is under review or has a decision want to share how long it was before they went from Complete to Under Review?

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:22 pm

10/2 Complete -- 10/14 Under Review -- 10/29 Accepted

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby 02082010 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:24 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
emrose wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:I'm assuming this means they are considering me strictly for FT even though I applied to both. I never in my wildest dreams thought 2.7 was YP territory, but do they think I'm going to go somewhere else and want to see if I'm really interested? Very annoyed with this situation.


I have a friend with very similar numbers, slightly higher GPA who was also asked to interview.. I don't know if it is YP... Seems like they interview marginal numbers as well? Right now I'd just be stoked for an interview. :|


I think they interview for marginal numbers more than YP. I dont think those are YP numbers


Agreed. Definitely not YP material, but how are 172 2.7 and 168 2.3 even in the same category? Especially since I applied in Jan last cycle. I called GULC and they said they don't keep files after a cycle is over so they had no idea I interviewed last year and no longer have the summary of the interview that interviewer wrote up. I'm just annoyed by this whole process even though I should be extremely flattered T14s are even considering my TTT GPA. A 175 2.9 (rough stats of a few applicants they've already accepted) impacts median the same way my numbers do. I'm going to stop whinning.

/rant

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:25 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
Agreed. Definitely not YP material, but how are 172 2.7 and 168 2.3 even in the same category? Especially since I applied in Jan last cycle. I called GULC and they said they don't keep files after a cycle is over so they had no idea I interviewed last year and no longer have the summary of the interview that interviewer wrote up. I'm just annoyed by this whole process even though I should be extremely flattered T14s are even considering my TTT GPA. A 175 2.9 (rough stats of a few applicants they've already accepted) impacts median the same way my numbers do. I'm going to stop whinning.

/rant


They may just interview everyone under a certain GPA? I dont know. It sucks you have to again when you already did.

Amelie
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Amelie » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:28 pm

Complete 10/23 --- Under Review 10/28 --- Decision 11/9

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Emma. » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:34 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
Agreed. Definitely not YP material, but how are 172 2.7 and 168 2.3 even in the same category? Especially since I applied in Jan last cycle. I called GULC and they said they don't keep files after a cycle is over so they had no idea I interviewed last year and no longer have the summary of the interview that interviewer wrote up. I'm just annoyed by this whole process even though I should be extremely flattered T14s are even considering my TTT GPA. A 175 2.9 (rough stats of a few applicants they've already accepted) impacts median the same way my numbers do. I'm going to stop whinning.

/rant


They may just interview everyone under a certain GPA? I dont know. It sucks you have to again when you already did.


+1.

Seems like there might be some GPA cutoff where they want to interview everyone below those numbers.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby 02082010 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:42 pm

Taking my suit to the cleaners, but I'll be pouting the entire way there.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby tintin » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:55 pm

They want to interview me too.

WTF? I have a 168/3.9. Is it because I'm gay??? What on earth about my application could make them hesitate? I don't have any disciplinary records....great evaluations.... I'm at a loss. :cry:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”