Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
pertristis
Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby pertristis » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:34 pm

nowinGA wrote:
heyzeus wrote:Who all is still left? UR 3/23 here. I think everyone with that date is around 164 lsat and varying gpa. We should here this week...I hope


Yes, being a SPWLer I would be curious to know how many out there are left waiting for an answer of any kind. And if our special group might truly be considered special in the coming weeks!


It might not seem it, but the SPWL are special. At least, I got in off the SPWL post haste, and I think I'm special. If there are people pulled off of the waitlist, it'll be from the SPWL.

expat17
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby expat17 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:49 pm

i'm still UR 3/23 with a 169 .... so .... not so sure about any pattern in this bunch.

did you apply FT or PT or both?

lunu
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:50 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby lunu » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:50 pm

expat17 wrote:i'm still UR 3/23 with a 169 .... so .... not so sure about any pattern in this bunch.

did you apply FT or PT or both?


both.

megster_29
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:16 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby megster_29 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:52 pm

FT only

law_lover
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:02 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby law_lover » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:54 pm

lunu wrote:
expat17 wrote:i'm still UR 3/23 with a 169 .... so .... not so sure about any pattern in this bunch.

did you apply FT or PT or both?


both.


+1

clairecate
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:11 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby clairecate » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:01 pm

Status changed today from UR 3/09 to UR 3/29

162/3.5 so I'm absolutely getting rejected, but thought I would let y'all know that there has been status checker movement!! I'll keep you posted.

lunu
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:50 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby lunu » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:16 pm

clairecate wrote:Status changed today from UR 3/09 to UR 3/29

162/3.5 so I'm absolutely getting rejected, but thought I would let y'all know that there has been status checker movement!! I'll keep you posted.


mine just changed as well. annnndddd now there's a pit in my stomach.

i hate you.

i was really content with my 3/9. I imagined a nice older lady holding onto my file. bringing it home at night to go over the slightly worn pages while sipping her tea. she'd read my LORs right before she went to bed and then at work she would put it to the side as she admitted better qualified students.... always thinking about me and my lil' app. waiting for a chance. hoping for a space.

DASHED - ALL THAT IS DASHED.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:17 pm

lunu wrote:
clairecate wrote:Status changed today from UR 3/09 to UR 3/29

162/3.5 so I'm absolutely getting rejected, but thought I would let y'all know that there has been status checker movement!! I'll keep you posted.


mine just changed as well. annnndddd now there's a pit in my stomach.

i hate you.

i was really content with my 3/9. I imagined a nice older lady holding onto my file. bringing it home at night to go over the slightly worn pages while sipping her tea. she'd read my LORs right before she went to bed and then at work she would put it to the side as she admitted better qualified students.... always thinking about me and my lil' app. waiting for a chance. hoping for a space.

DASHED - ALL THAT IS DASHED.


Send this message to Gtown. Ask it be added to your file. How could the adcomm refuse you after it?

lunu
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:50 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby lunu » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:19 pm

sibley wrote:
lunu wrote:
clairecate wrote:Status changed today from UR 3/09 to UR 3/29

162/3.5 so I'm absolutely getting rejected, but thought I would let y'all know that there has been status checker movement!! I'll keep you posted.


mine just changed as well. annnndddd now there's a pit in my stomach.

i hate you.

i was really content with my 3/9. I imagined a nice older lady holding onto my file. bringing it home at night to go over the slightly worn pages while sipping her tea. she'd read my LORs right before she went to bed and then at work she would put it to the side as she admitted better qualified students.... always thinking about me and my lil' app. waiting for a chance. hoping for a space.

DASHED - ALL THAT IS DASHED.


Send this message to Gtown. Ask it be added to your file. How could the adcomm refuse you after it?


right?

megster_29
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:16 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby megster_29 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:28 pm

lunu wrote:
clairecate wrote:Status changed today from UR 3/09 to UR 3/29

162/3.5 so I'm absolutely getting rejected, but thought I would let y'all know that there has been status checker movement!! I'll keep you posted.


mine just changed as well. annnndddd now there's a pit in my stomach.

i hate you.

i was really content with my 3/9. I imagined a nice older lady holding onto my file. bringing it home at night to go over the slightly worn pages while sipping her tea. she'd read my LORs right before she went to bed and then at work she would put it to the side as she admitted better qualified students.... always thinking about me and my lil' app. waiting for a chance. hoping for a space.

DASHED - ALL THAT IS DASHED.



HAHAHA! Look at it as a positive thing, maybe that little old lady finally used her clout built up by a 45 year career at GULC admissions to get your app put on the top of the stack with her approval!

No one has gone DR yet, right? Just some updates on UR?

lawschoollll
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby lawschoollll » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:52 pm

Had my interview today. Pretty informal. I think I asked more questions of him than he of me. Still waiting for a status checker update (still says "Committee requested interview").

cindytran872
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:58 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby cindytran872 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:08 pm

how did you get an interview?

prelaw10
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:24 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby prelaw10 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:12 pm

UR 3/29 from 3/16 I think.. so we do we get rejected via e-mail or snail mail?

User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby FunkyJD » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:36 pm

Damn, my status changed to UR 3/29 as well.

:?: :?:

lunu
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:50 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby lunu » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:40 pm

prelaw10 wrote:UR 3/29 from 3/16 I think.. so we do we get rejected via e-mail or snail mail?


i've been going back through this thread. some notes:

1. would it kill Ken to add search boxes to individual threads and/or update the forum engine to something magical that summarizes all the information flying around into a series of dates/charts/and on-demand answers?

2. it seems like a lot of people went through several updated UR statuses.

3. the last bunch of people who had an updated UR went to DR pretty quickly. Some the very next day and others later in the week.

4. most of those people were unfortunately dinged. (by email)

5. One person went DR one day after an updated UR and was accepted (via admitted student login).

MY assumptions:

The faster you go DR, the better - even if you're rejected because then its just over already.

This will probably be the last updated UR date since there just isn't enough time to prolong the process.

They haven't saved the best for last, because who has the time to sort applications like that? and why? I doubt the adcomms are a bunch of silly dads doing their job like this, "oooh, look at this app. his stats are below the median but his softs are really good and I like his personal statement. we should hold him to the last minute so we can surprise him just when he's lost all hope!"

megster_29
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:16 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby megster_29 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:46 pm

They haven't saved the best for last, because who has the time to sort applications like that? and why? I doubt the adcomms are a bunch of silly dads doing their job like this, "oooh, look at this app. his stats are below the median but his softs are really good and I like his personal statement. we should hold him to the last minute so we can surprise him just when he's lost all hope!"[/quote]


lol! I don't think anyone thinks that... we are hardly the best. But I really do think that a couple of us will be getting in still (but most of us probably will not) I think that we are some sort of group that they did decide to give some chance in hell despite our numbers... but like I said I think they waited until very late in the cycle to decide how many of us they would admit. I don't think it will be very many of us though... No other explanation makes sense, because they could've (and have) rejected several people straight up with our numbers, long ago.

megster_29
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:16 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby megster_29 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:48 pm

prelaw10 wrote:UR 3/29 from 3/16 I think.. so we do we get rejected via e-mail or snail mail?


Ding/WL: email

Accept: snail mail, although some people have had luck logging into the admitted students website before they received their letter.

jman77
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jman77 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:52 pm

Still UR 3/24 (first UR date 3/9). Anyone left in the same boat?

User avatar
DeSilentio2728
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:02 pm

jman77 wrote:Still UR 3/24 (first UR date 3/9). Anyone left in the same boat?


exact same dates

lunu
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:50 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby lunu » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:07 pm

lol! I don't think anyone thinks that... we are hardly the best. But I really do think that a couple of us will be getting in still (but most of us probably will not) I think that we are some sort of group that they did decide to give some chance in hell despite our numbers... but like I said I think they waited until very late in the cycle to decide how many of us they would admit. I don't think it will be very many of us though... No other explanation makes sense, because they could've (and have) rejected several people straight up with our numbers, long ago.


see, i think this train of thought is really problematic. its based on the assumption that someone's looked at our application and then decided to keep us in the running. I'm right there with anyone who applied despite auto-reject numbers in hopes that someone who do just that. but, honestly, i think of the admissions process as more of a horrific dodgeball game.

me and you (or any other kid with auto-reject numbers) are still in this really intense dodgeball game not because we have a shot at winning the game but because they simply haven't gotten to us yet.

once they do, i fully expect to be dinged in the face with a big fat red dodgeball. my arms writhing through the air as if i had any chance of catching that ball.

that said, there's always that kid who shouldn't still be in the game that ends up winning. THERE'S NO REASON THAT KID ISN'T YOU. yes you.

Also: yes, there are a bunch of URMs (myself included) in this last bunch. I have no theory as to why so i'm forced to assume that Georgetown is racist - saving all the minority rejects for last. for shame georgetown.... fooooor shameeeeeeee....

EDIT: Fixed my fobby grammar.
Last edited by lunu on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby FunkyJD » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:09 pm

I don't care how the hell I get into Georgetown so long as I get in.

megster_29
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:16 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby megster_29 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:18 pm

lunu wrote:
lol! I don't think anyone thinks that... we are hardly the best. But I really do think that a couple of us will be getting in still (but most of us probably will not) I think that we are some sort of group that they did decide to give some chance in hell despite our numbers... but like I said I think they waited until very late in the cycle to decide how many of us they would admit. I don't think it will be very many of us though... No other explanation makes sense, because they could've (and have) rejected several people straight up with our numbers, long ago.


see, i think this train of thought is really problematic. its based on the assumption that someone's looked at our application and then decided to keep us in the running.


EDIT: Fixed my fobby grammar.


Yeah, it is most definitely an assumption rather than a certain truth; as is 98% of what is written on this forum. Your point is, however, well taken. Good luck.

shadow.
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby shadow. » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:39 pm

.
Last edited by shadow. on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heyzeus
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby heyzeus » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:46 pm

:lol:
Last edited by heyzeus on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby 03121202698008 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:48 pm

Withdrew today...hopefully a TLS'er gets my spot.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”