Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
heyzeus
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby heyzeus » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:23 pm

Who all is still left? UR 3/23 here. I think everyone with that date is around 164 lsat and varying gpa. We should here this week...I hope. At any rate the kids that got axed the other day seemed to have a higher averaged numbers. But, I dont know why they would keep us around after them being that we applied essentially the same time. I can't help but think there is a particular reason they have kept us around this long, but god only knows.
Last edited by heyzeus on Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nowinGA
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby nowinGA » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:25 pm

heyzeus wrote:Who all is still left? UR 3/23 here. I think everyone with that date is around 164 lsat and varying gpa. We should here this week...I hope


Yes, being a SPWLer I would be curious to know how many out there are left waiting for an answer of any kind. And if our special group might truly be considered special in the coming weeks!

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:26 pm

nowinGA wrote:
heyzeus wrote:Who all is still left? UR 3/23 here. I think everyone with that date is around 164 lsat and varying gpa. We should here this week...I hope


Yes, being a SPWLer I would be curious to know how many out there are left waiting for an answer of any kind. And if our special group might truly be considered special in the coming weeks!


(so jealous)

lynntm
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby lynntm » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:30 pm

I'm still here too - U/R 3/23, LSAT 164.

savesthedayajb
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:32 pm

nowinGA wrote:
heyzeus wrote:Who all is still left? UR 3/23 here. I think everyone with that date is around 164 lsat and varying gpa. We should here this week...I hope


Yes, being a SPWLer I would be curious to know how many out there are left waiting for an answer of any kind. And if our special group might truly be considered special in the coming weeks!


+1 So excited. Would have never thought I would have a chance at a school like this. :D

User avatar
nowinGA
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby nowinGA » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:33 pm

Seriously, though. How can you guys still be waiting? Why would they have not made a decision for you right now, especially such an in depth system of wait listing...it seems like if they were not sure, they could place one strategically in WL land! Oh, how I would love to understand the process...

User avatar
WithGrace23
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby WithGrace23 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:35 pm

UR since 3/16 with no news as of yet, but it was definitely a reach for me, so...

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:37 pm

WithGrace23 wrote:UR since 3/16 with no news as of yet, but it was definitely a reach for me, so...


your status checker doesn't say DR? the rest of us were DRd last week and rejected Friday

User avatar
WithGrace23
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby WithGrace23 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:38 pm

Nope, still under review...I check my status checker very frequently for some response.

User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby FunkyJD » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:29 pm

WithGrace23 wrote:UR since 3/16 with no news as of yet, but it was definitely a reach for me, so...

I'm in the same boat.

megster_29
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:16 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby megster_29 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:47 pm

I am soooo glad we have taken back the thread! I am also the UR 3/23, for the first time since 2/12.

I also think we will hear this week. I have to say; I am not feeling very positive, especially seeing our numbers. However, I agree that there has to be some reason they kept us around this long... although a rejection is still a rejection whether or not one person along the way had a fleeting thought to accept you and thus held your application up for 3 months!

Anyway, not trying to be a Debbie Downer. Good luck to everyone, and keep the posts coming. Every time I check my status checker and nothing has changed, the only thing that makes me feel better is to sign on to TLS and see a new post in the Georgetown thread! haha, I am pathetic.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:51 pm

megster_29 wrote:I am soooo glad we have taken back the thread! I am also the UR 3/23, for the first time since 2/12.

I also think we will hear this week. I have to say; I am not feeling very positive, especially seeing our numbers. However, I agree that there has to be some reason they kept us around this long... although a rejection is still a rejection whether or not one person along the way had a fleeting thought to accept you and thus held your application up for 3 months!

Anyway, not trying to be a Debbie Downer. Good luck to everyone, and keep the posts coming. Every time I check my status checker and nothing has changed, the only thing that makes me feel better is to sign on to TLS and see a new post in the Georgetown thread! haha, I am pathetic.


Don't get too excited, but don't assume you're out either. And good luck =)

lunu
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:50 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby lunu » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:51 pm

heyzeus wrote:Who all is still left? UR 3/23 here. I think everyone with that date is around 164 lsat and varying gpa. We should here this week...I hope. At any rate the kids that got axed the other day seemed to have a higher averaged numbers. But, I dont know why they would keep us around after them being that we applied essentially the same time. I can't help but think there is a particular reason they have kept us around this long, but god only knows.


i'm still waiting UR 3/9. LSAT 164 (that's really weird).

madforsadness
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:36 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby madforsadness » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:56 pm

Another UR 3/23er still hanging on by a thread..

167 / 3.67 - Can't say I'm too confident at this stage, but like others I'm wondering why they've hung on to me for so long.

megster_29
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:16 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby megster_29 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:04 pm

Alright, so this is what I can tell so far. There are about 10 of us left on this thread who haven't gotten a decision yet.

UR 3/9 Lunu

UR 3/16 WithGrace
Funky JD

UR 3/19 Lawlover

UR 3/23 megster_29
lynntm
savestheday
stephbee
heyzeus
mad4sadness

With the exception of someone who had a 167, most of have 164, and a couple 163 I believe. Also from what I can tell we are all higher-end GPA's. I wonder how many people are left out there who aren't on this thread?

User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby FunkyJD » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:05 pm

I'm below median on both LSAT/GPA, URM as well.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:05 pm

megster_29 wrote:Alright, so this is what I can tell so far. There are about 10 of us left on this thread who haven't gotten a decision yet.

UR 3/9 Lunu

UR 3/16 WithGrace
Funky JD

UR 3/19 Lawlover

UR 3/23 megster_29
lynntm
savestheday
stephbee
heyzeus
mad4sadness

With the exception of someone who had a 167, most of have 164, and a couple 163 I believe. Also from what I can tell we are all higher-end GPA's. I wonder how many people are left out there who aren't on this thread?


and just to recap, the last group was 167+ with mid-range/low gpas. with one 158 thrown in.

megster_29
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:16 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby megster_29 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:09 pm

FunkyJD wrote:I'm below median on both LSAT/GPA, URM as well.


Oh, yeah another important stat... I know at least a few are URM's. Like 3 of them I think. Wow, I sound like a stalker; just trying to make some sense out of this and dedicate my nervous energy toward something.

megster_29
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:16 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby megster_29 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:10 pm

Hey Sib, how are you doing on your decision? Are you waiting to hear from some WLs? You are in at GW, right? Are you even considering it?

lunu
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:50 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby lunu » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:15 pm

FunkyJD wrote:I'm below median on both LSAT/GPA, URM as well.


ditto. while its nice to have company, i don't have a redeeming GPA to help my LSAT.

Good luck to the rest of you. I'll update as soon as I hear something. Also, what time of day are updates generally made? If my status hasn't been updated at this point, should I forget about hearing any news today?

pollaclc
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:12 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby pollaclc » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:16 pm

megster_29 wrote:Alright, so this is what I can tell so far. There are about 10 of us left on this thread who haven't gotten a decision yet.

UR 3/9 Lunu

UR 3/16 WithGrace
Funky JD

UR 3/19 Lawlover

UR 3/23 megster_29
lynntm
savestheday
stephbee
heyzeus
mad4sadness

With the exception of someone who had a 167, most of have 164, and a couple 163 I believe. Also from what I can tell we are all higher-end GPA's. I wonder how many people are left out there who aren't on this thread?


add me to that list. UR 2/17, 167. long shot but still hoping

edited to add LSAT
Last edited by pollaclc on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Hammurabi
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:45 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Hammurabi » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:16 pm

another UR 3/23 (164) strange indeed.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:17 pm

megster_29 wrote:Hey Sib, how are you doing on your decision? Are you waiting to hear from some WLs? You are in at GW, right? Are you even considering it?


I'm waiting for financial aid info from gw. if they give me a decent need-based grant then yeah I'll be considering it.

mikepb
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:41 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby mikepb » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:18 pm

UR 3/24, 167 LSAT, 3.6 GPA

law_lover
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:02 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby law_lover » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:24 pm

sibley wrote:
megster_29 wrote:Alright, so this is what I can tell so far. There are about 10 of us left on this thread who haven't gotten a decision yet.

UR 3/9 Lunu

UR 3/16 WithGrace
Funky JD

UR 3/19 Lawlover

UR 3/23 megster_29
lynntm
savestheday
stephbee
heyzeus
mad4sadness

With the exception of someone who had a 167, most of have 164, and a couple 163 I believe. Also from what I can tell we are all higher-end GPA's. I wonder how many people are left out there who aren't on this thread?


and just to recap, the last group was 167+ with mid-range/low gpas. with one 158 thrown in.


Am I the only 3/19? I have a "low" LSAT and a high GPA.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Christinabruin, whodareswins, Yahoo [Bot] and 20 guests