Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11726
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby kalvano » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:25 pm

blackmamba76 wrote:You didn't offer an opinion, you made conclusions just in case you don't or didn't know, there is a difference mr. know-it-all.



Are you really this stupid? I find it hard to believe, but it seems to be so.

User avatar
unknownscholar
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby unknownscholar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:25 pm

tycho_brahe wrote:
unknownscholar wrote:
tycho_brahe wrote:People need to calm down. The only thing sibley is at fault for is oversharing, and an over-dependence on TLS for emotional support after receiving some bad news. She shouldn't have come on the board and expected sympathy, and TLSers shouldn't really be criticizing a situation that they know little about.

This is why the internet is stupid sometimes.


accusing gulc of discrimination without warrant is okay? because that's how this started.


do you respond to every suspect and possibly crazy claim you read on message boards and blog comment sections?


not all, but some, especially when the claim has such large ramifications.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:28 pm

unknownscholar wrote:
not all, but some, especially when the claim has such large ramifications.


I was actually thinking of a SC case that I can't recall when I posted. I used this thread to vent. I obviously didn't threaten the dean with legal action, I just addressed my concerns and asked him to quell them. I do think there needs to be a case to establish that discrimination in such instances is not okay. Aside from what I think of my own situation.

blackmamba76
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby blackmamba76 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:32 pm

kalvano wrote:
blackmamba76 wrote:You didn't offer an opinion, you made conclusions just in case you don't or didn't know, there is a difference mr. know-it-all.



Are you really this stupid? I find it hard to believe, but it seems to be so.


I'm guessing you just learned the word "stupid".

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11726
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby kalvano » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:34 pm

blackmamba76 wrote:
kalvano wrote:
blackmamba76 wrote:You didn't offer an opinion, you made conclusions just in case you don't or didn't know, there is a difference mr. know-it-all.



Are you really this stupid? I find it hard to believe, but it seems to be so.


I'm guessing you just learned the word "stupid".



I'm guessing they just descended?

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:34 pm

uh.

so... kim.. everyone else... how was the admitted students event? I hear the deans wore chef's hats yesterday. that's cute.

User avatar
DeSilentio2728
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:40 pm

kalvano wrote:
blackmamba76 wrote:
kalvano wrote:
blackmamba76 wrote:You didn't offer an opinion, you made conclusions just in case you don't or didn't know, there is a difference mr. know-it-all.



Are you really this stupid? I find it hard to believe, but it seems to be so.


I'm guessing you just learned the word "stupid".



I'm guessing they just descended?


In looking at your recent posts, your vocabulary is very limited Kalvano. Are you concerned that you will be able to make it in such a writing heavy profession?

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11726
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby kalvano » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:45 pm

DeSilentio2728 wrote:In looking at your recent posts, your vocabulary is very limited Kalvano. Are you concerned that you will be able to make it in such a writing heavy profession?


I'm trying to keep it simple to ensure that you can comprehend it.

Going back and perusing your previous posts does instill a bit of doubt as to your intelligence.

Are you at all concerned that some modicum of intelligence is expected and you'll have to devote the brainpower that is currently allowing you to breathe without drooling to the profession?

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:46 pm

<sigh> I always ruin threads. I ruined the fordham waiting room too. but you guys have such thin skin!

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:47 pm

Sibley, I am posting info about that on the GULC c/o 2013 thread. This one is pretty worthless right now...

User avatar
DeSilentio2728
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:49 pm

kalvano wrote:
DeSilentio2728 wrote:In looking at your recent posts, your vocabulary is very limited Kalvano. Are you concerned that you will be able to make it in such a writing heavy profession?


I'm trying to keep it simple to ensure that you can comprehend it.

Going back and perusing your previous posts does instill a bit of doubt as to your intelligence.

Are you at all concerned that some modicum of intelligence is expected and you'll have to devote the brainpower that is currently allowing you to breathe without drooling to the profession?


Is that your attempt at demonstrating your vocab? funny

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:50 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:Sibley, I am posting info about that on the GULC c/o 2013 thread. This one is pretty worthless right now...



read it! thanks. not posting in response over there in case my debate team follows me. glad your overall vibe was a positive one. and it helped me to hear that some people had stupid reasons for attending... that was my main concern at cardozo. they seemed just neutral about the whole thing.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11726
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby kalvano » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:51 pm

DeSilentio2728 wrote:
kalvano wrote:
DeSilentio2728 wrote:In looking at your recent posts, your vocabulary is very limited Kalvano. Are you concerned that you will be able to make it in such a writing heavy profession?


I'm trying to keep it simple to ensure that you can comprehend it.

Going back and perusing your previous posts does instill a bit of doubt as to your intelligence.

Are you at all concerned that some modicum of intelligence is expected and you'll have to devote the brainpower that is currently allowing you to breathe without drooling to the profession?


Is that your attempt at demonstrating your vocab? funny



You seemed put out that I was catering to your intelligence level.

Don't drool on yourself while trying to read it.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:52 pm

kalvano wrote:You seemed put out that I was catering to your intelligence level.

Don't drool on yourself while trying to read it.


Can we just drop it already? This went from an argument about me being self-entitled to one about the arguers' ability to argue. It's silly.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11726
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby kalvano » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:54 pm

sibley wrote:
kalvano wrote:You seemed put out that I was catering to your intelligence level.

Don't drool on yourself while trying to read it.


Can we just drop it already? This went from an argument about me being self-entitled to one about the arguers' ability to argue. It's silly.




Fine by me, but if someone wants to continue to take shots, I'm more than happy to oblige that as well.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:55 pm

kalvano wrote:Fine by me, but if someone wants to continue to take shots, I'm more than happy to oblige that as well.


k. I think di's done as well.

sooooo, kalv, how was your week?...

also, in the other gtown thread someone posted about something that looks remarkably deliciously similar to pinkberry. and ethiopian food.

DC FOOD: what's the best?

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11726
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby kalvano » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:01 pm

sibley wrote:sooooo, kalv, how was your week?...



Fine and dandy.

And I do hope you get some measure of satisfaction from GULC, even if it's not an admit.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:06 pm

kalvano wrote:
sibley wrote:sooooo, kalv, how was your week?...



Fine and dandy.

And I do hope you get some measure of satisfaction from GULC, even if it's not an admit.


thanks. all I want is someone to say "these are our stats, as you'll see you got a relatively average result" kind of thing.
I feel a little better... pinkberry... =) I wish ben and jerry's was open this late.

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SaintClarence27 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:30 pm

.
Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:30 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
sibley wrote:
DC FOOD: what's the best?


Bistro bis was really good when I ate there. Sweetbreads were amazing.

Oh, and Wendy's.


1) isn't sweetbread pig's brain?
2) wendy's! wtf.

dissonantdemon
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:41 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby dissonantdemon » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:34 pm

FYI 167/3.9 DR 3/24= rejection today, too bad. On a side note, the fact that I am going to be entering a professions apparently alongside many others who use their free time to insult one another via forums on the web, is terrifying.

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SaintClarence27 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:35 pm

.
Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:37 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
sibley wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
sibley wrote:
DC FOOD: what's the best?


Bistro bis was really good when I ate there. Sweetbreads were amazing.

Oh, and Wendy's.


1) isn't sweetbread pig's brain?
2) wendy's! wtf.


1) Nope! Heart sweetbreads, so calf pancreas. Tasty.
2) Are you telling me you can't get behind a good frosty? Sad.



I like a frosty as much as the next girl... but I'd rather do an ice cream cone. and wendy's doesn't have milkshakes. what's up with that? what if I want something other than a frosty? ...plus I got in a huge fight with the girl at the drive thru here for rushing me when there was a line of people behind me while I was trying to order (it's hard to pick what you want when someone asks you ever 5 seconds if you're ready to order).. the people behind me weren't even trying to order.they were blocked in my a truck. it was very rude.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:38 pm

dissonantdemon wrote:FYI 167/3.9 DR 3/24= rejection today, too bad. On a side note, the fact that I am going to be entering a professions apparently alongside many others who use their free time to insult one another via forums on the web, is terrifying.


I think it's only half of us. I don't know which half. But half. Because ... in real life, half I know are super nice and half i know are evil.

User avatar
unknownscholar
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby unknownscholar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:42 pm

fwiw, you'll find this kind of behavior on plenty of forums (and almost any mass media site with a comment function), many of which have posters from a diverse set of career fields. it may be a bit offputting b/c this is a career specific forum.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, applicationquestions, Google [Bot], Keilz and 15 guests