Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SaintClarence27 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:32 pm

.
Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby calicocat » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:33 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
This I agree with. I also think that it's a little presumptuous of people to assume that they know all of the details and that there's no way discrimination could have been involved.


It's not dude. Come on.


I don't think it's likely, but I'm not willing to totally discount the possibility with almost no information at my disposal.

The scores are information enough. In NO school are splitters an auto-admit.

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Unitas » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:35 pm

calicocat wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:
This I agree with. I also think that it's a little presumptuous of people to assume that they know all of the details and that there's no way discrimination could have been involved.


It's not dude. Come on.


I don't think it's likely, but I'm not willing to totally discount the possibility with almost no information at my disposal.

The scores are information enough. In NO school are splitters an auto-admit.


Does this remind anyone of the Michigan case that made it to the supreme court. That girl had horrible numbers for University of Michigan also..

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11721
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby kalvano » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:35 pm

calicocat wrote:itt we discover that Georgetown takes a holistic approach


I LOL'ed. Hard.



adameus wrote:We all get a bit emotional when we recieve a rejection.



No, we don't. My rejections consisted of me thinking "Hmmm, that sucks. Oh well, at least I know for sure."


She's acting like a spoiled douche, and it's particularly loathsome because she is trying to leverage what may well be a true mental disorder (though I am betting it's something stupid like ADHD) to make herself sound like she is fighting the good fight. She isn't. She's smoked a bowl of entitlement and suddenly got busted by reality.

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SaintClarence27 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:38 pm

.
Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11721
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby kalvano » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:41 pm

Sibley = SaintClarence.

Mark it down.

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SaintClarence27 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:46 pm

.
Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Unitas » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:46 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
Unitas wrote:Does this remind anyone of the Michigan case that made it to the supreme court. That girl had horrible numbers for University of Michigan also..


I'm not aware of the case. Do you have a link? I would be interested to read that, especially if it has bearing on our current discussion.


Uh, nothing to do with discrimination of this kind... Girl sued because they use race as a factor for admission and she blamed AA on her not getting in to Michigan. Problem is she had really bad numbers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grutter_v._Bollinger
Last edited by Unitas on Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11721
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby kalvano » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:47 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
kalvano wrote:Sibley = SaintClarence.

Mark it down.


Nice, but nope. My scores are straight up, and I got rejected from G'Town today too. Also, I'm male.



So you say.

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby beef wellington » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:48 pm

kalvano wrote:She's acting like a spoiled douche, and it's particularly loathsome because she is trying to leverage what may well be a true mental disorder (though I am betting it's something stupid like ADHD) to make herself sound like she is fighting the good fight. She isn't. She's smoked a bowl of entitlement and suddenly got busted by reality.

Why are you pretending to know what you're talking about? The bolded is offensive btw.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11721
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby kalvano » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:53 pm

beef wellington wrote:
kalvano wrote:She's acting like a spoiled douche, and it's particularly loathsome because she is trying to leverage what may well be a true mental disorder (though I am betting it's something stupid like ADHD) to make herself sound like she is fighting the good fight. She isn't. She's smoked a bowl of entitlement and suddenly got busted by reality.

Why are you pretending to know what you're talking about? The bolded is offensive btw.



I have diagnosed ADD and went to a school specifically for ADD / ADHD students.

I don't find it offensive. Grow up.


As for the rest, she's an idiot. It's plainly obvious from reading her posts.
Last edited by kalvano on Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby calicocat » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:54 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
calicocat wrote:The scores are information enough. In NO school are splitters an auto-admit.


But what if Sibley had an email questioning her disability? Wouldn't that be important? We know that she was communicating fairly often with the admissions office. I don't think that the scores are information enough.



All I'm saying is that with her numbers, a t14 acceptance is FAR from guaranteed.

User avatar
DeSilentio2728
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:54 pm

kalvano wrote:
beef wellington wrote:
kalvano wrote:She's acting like a spoiled douche, and it's particularly loathsome because she is trying to leverage what may well be a true mental disorder (though I am betting it's something stupid like ADHD) to make herself sound like she is fighting the good fight. She isn't. She's smoked a bowl of entitlement and suddenly got busted by reality.

Why are you pretending to know what you're talking about? The bolded is offensive btw.



I have diagnosed ADD and went to a school specifically for ADD / ADHD students.

I don't find it offensive. I find it more offensive that people think it is some sort of excuse these days.


As for the rest, she's an idiot. It's plainly obvious from reading her posts.


The very fact that they have specific schools for students with ADD/ADHD should render your bolded comment wrong.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11721
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby kalvano » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:56 pm

DeSilentio2728 wrote:The very fact that they have specific schools for students with ADD/ADHD should render your bolded comment wrong.



The teachers there would kick her ass for trying use ADD in such a manner, if, in fact, it is something like ADD.

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Unitas » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:57 pm

This should be let go. Nothing else will come out of this situation. Hopefully she'll come back on later chipper and going to work on her other options. Besides that nothing else can come of this.

Sorry for all the dings today...

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SaintClarence27 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:57 pm

.
Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby beef wellington » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:58 pm

kalvano wrote:
beef wellington wrote:
kalvano wrote:She's acting like a spoiled douche, and it's particularly loathsome because she is trying to leverage what may well be a true mental disorder (though I am betting it's something stupid like ADHD) to make herself sound like she is fighting the good fight. She isn't. She's smoked a bowl of entitlement and suddenly got busted by reality.

Why are you pretending to know what you're talking about? The bolded is offensive btw.



I have diagnosed ADD and went to a school specifically for ADD / ADHD students.

I don't find it offensive. Grow up.


As for the rest, she's an idiot. It's plainly obvious from reading her posts.

I assumed you were one of those "ADD isn't real" trolls. If you were just saying it'd be stupid to start a lawsuit over it then I'm inclined to agree. As for sibley, she's had a hard day and I don't see why people seem to enjoy making it worse.

User avatar
DeSilentio2728
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:58 pm

kalvano wrote:
DeSilentio2728 wrote:The very fact that they have specific schools for students with ADD/ADHD should render your bolded comment wrong.



The teachers there would kick her ass for trying use ADD in such a manner, if, in fact, it is something like ADD.


True, though I could see how an extremely ADD prone person could use it as a cause for a low LSAT score.

User avatar
DoktorZaius
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:21 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby DoktorZaius » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:58 pm

I can't believe this has been debated so vociferously. Yes, she is entitled to due process. However, she is not entitled to our praise. She had below median numbers and got rejected from a t14. This is not case of the century material. Moreover, not only her behavior here but also the quote from a previous thread demonstrates a willingness to sue over trivial matters & perceived slights.

Bottom Line: Get over yourself.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11721
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby kalvano » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:00 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
kalvano wrote:
beef wellington wrote:
kalvano wrote:She's acting like a spoiled douche, and it's particularly loathsome because she is trying to leverage what may well be a true mental disorder (though I am betting it's something stupid like ADHD) to make herself sound like she is fighting the good fight. She isn't. She's smoked a bowl of entitlement and suddenly got busted by reality.

Why are you pretending to know what you're talking about? The bolded is offensive btw.



I have diagnosed ADD and went to a school specifically for ADD / ADHD students.

I don't find it offensive. Grow up.

As for the rest, she's an idiot. It's plainly obvious from reading her posts.


I don't care whether you find it offensive. It is. As for your diagnosed ADD, I don't actually believe that. Your conjecture that Sibley is claiming ADHD is just that - conjecture. To come in from a point of ignorance and arrogantly declare your correctness is pretty douchey too, by the way.



I don't give a fuck what you believe. As I said, grow up.

And I never claimed it be anything other than my belief that her "mental disability" is something that isn't actually a disability. Try reading things before you get pissy about it.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11721
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby kalvano » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:01 pm

beef wellington wrote:I assumed you were one of those "ADD isn't real" trolls. If you were just saying it'd be stupid to start a lawsuit over it then I'm inclined to agree. As for sibley, she's had a hard day and I don't see why people seem to enjoy making it worse.



No, it's very real, just not an excuse.

But she's claiming a mental disability is what got her rejected from an "auto admit" T14, so I think what exactly her disability is is relevant.

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby calicocat » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:03 pm

kalvano wrote:
beef wellington wrote:I assumed you were one of those "ADD isn't real" trolls. If you were just saying it'd be stupid to start a lawsuit over it then I'm inclined to agree. As for sibley, she's had a hard day and I don't see why people seem to enjoy making it worse.



No, it's very real, just not an excuse.

But she's claiming a mental disability is what got her rejected from an "auto admit" T14, so I think what exactly her disability is is relevant.


lack of ability to have better numbers?

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11721
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby kalvano » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:04 pm

calicocat wrote:lack of ability to have better numbers?



I should have gone to that school for help with that, dammit.

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SaintClarence27 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:21 pm

.
Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SaintClarence27 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:25 pm

.
Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”