Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SaintClarence27

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SaintClarence27 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:16 pm

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pertristis

Postby pertristis » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:09 pm

I was surprised to receive a scholarship offer today. Last week, I was informed that I shouldn't expect to hear anything merit scholarships until April. With that said, I have a decision deadline of April 12. The amount isn't quite enough to draw me away from a few other options, should I hear back before then. Then again, I'm just surprised to have received anything this quickly.

SDWaterBaby

Postby SDWaterBaby » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:08 pm

pertristis wrote:I was surprised to receive a scholarship offer today. Last week, I was informed that I shouldn't expect to hear anything merit scholarships until April. With that said, I have a decision deadline of April 12. The amount isn't quite enough to draw me away from a few other options, should I hear back before then. Then again, I'm just surprised to have received anything this quickly.

If you don't mind sharing, when did you get in and when did you complete all the $$ forms? Thanks in advance!

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:51 pm

sibley wrote:saint c, kim's a girl who got in already... she's cool and is my go-to person for all questions =) she's the one who's at the gtown admitted students thing right now.

ha, thanks!

just finished the first day of activities. the faculty argued a supreme court case for one of the events, it was awesome. fun fact: 95% of all supreme court cases are mooted at gtown before going to the supreme court. that's kinda cool.

the campus is nice, and close to the major monuments. all the students seem so nice and helpful, and the facilities are awesome. the library is beautiful and the gym is really nice (and free!) i don't necessarily love the neighborhood, but i'll probably only stay around here for 1L and then see about some other neighborhoods. all in all, i was very impressed and had a really nice visit. unfortunately i didn't get any pics, besides one outside on my phone. tomorrow we get to do some more stuff, i'm excited.

pertristis

Postby pertristis » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:07 pm

SDWaterBaby wrote:
pertristis wrote:I was surprised to receive a scholarship offer today. Last week, I was informed that I shouldn't expect to hear anything merit scholarships until April. With that said, I have a decision deadline of April 12. The amount isn't quite enough to draw me away from a few other options, should I hear back before then. Then again, I'm just surprised to have received anything this quickly.

If you don't mind sharing, when did you get in and when did you complete all the $$ forms? Thanks in advance!

I was placed on the SPWL last month and accepted on the 15th of this month. I'm not sure what you mean by $$$ forms. I filled out a FAFSA a while ago, but that's all I filled out.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:08 pm

Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:saint c, kim's a girl who got in already... she's cool and is my go-to person for all questions =) she's the one who's at the gtown admitted students thing right now.

ha, thanks!

just finished the first day of activities. the faculty argued a supreme court case for one of the events, it was awesome. fun fact: 95% of all supreme court cases are mooted at gtown before going to the supreme court. that's kinda cool.

the campus is nice, and close to the major monuments. all the students seem so nice and helpful, and the facilities are awesome. the library is beautiful and the gym is really nice (and free!) i don't necessarily love the neighborhood, but i'll probably only stay around here for 1L and then see about some other neighborhoods. all in all, i was very impressed and had a really nice visit. unfortunately i didn't get any pics, besides one outside on my phone. tomorrow we get to do some more stuff, i'm excited.

=D note the tense you used. sounds like you're about sold! I'm glad you're having a good time... show us some random pictures.. like of the bathrooms or something... you can always tell a place by its bathrooms...

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:15 pm

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

ha, thanks!

=D note the tense you used. sounds like you're about sold! I'm glad you're having a good time... show us some random pictures.. like of the bathrooms or something... you can always tell a place by its bathrooms...

definitely sold. the dean of admissions is awesome, and so is the dean of students. they wore chef hats and served us dinner :) but in general, i was so impressed with the facilities and i'm just excited! i'll try to take more pics tomorrow!

Interminable_Waiting

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:27 pm

The case they argued was awesome. The gym is also incredible.

I spoke with a student panelist who is going into biglaw a little about the A or B course selection for 1L. She was really helpful and didn't seem to think that choosing B was looked at negatively by firms. I also enjoyed listening to the admissions dean.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:13 am

Had a dream last night that I was able to log into the admitted students site. Unfortunately it's very hard to read in dreams so I don't know what I had to enter.

So we were DR on Wednesday... it's Friday.. I don't know the process but it seems odd that they wouldn't send out the emails today... so if I don't get one I'm going to have an unreasonable amount of hope. And I don't think any school whose deans wear chefs' hats would ever do that to me.

SaintClarence27

Postby SaintClarence27 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:42 am

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:22 am

SaintClarence27 wrote:
sibley wrote:Had a dream last night that I was able to log into the admitted students site. Unfortunately it's very hard to read in dreams so I don't know what I had to enter.

So we were DR on Wednesday... it's Friday.. I don't know the process but it seems odd that they wouldn't send out the emails today... so if I don't get one I'm going to have an unreasonable amount of hope. And I don't think any school whose deans wear chefs' hats would ever do that to me.

Haha, I was walking the dog this morning and thinking EXACTLY this. I think that if there is no email today, I'll be getting pretty excited. The g/f had a dream about Georgetown last night (she said it looked a lot like U of R). I'm not sure what that means.

it means that we should go there! to Georgetown. because we like of U of R =)

flowerpot

Postby flowerpot » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:34 am

I am trying really hard not to get my hopes up... but I really feel like we should get emails today if we're going to get them. But then again...who knows. I just texted my roommate...she got in to Georgetown earlier in the cycle...to see how long it took her after she went decision rendered to get her letter...

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:35 am

flowerpot wrote:I am trying really hard not to get my hopes up... but I really feel like we should get emails today if we're going to get them. But then again...who knows. I just texted my roommate...she got in to Georgetown earlier in the cycle...to see how long it took her after she went decision rendered to get her letter...

<freaks out>

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:37 am

For a couple batches it took close to a week to get their WL/deny emails, which is ridic. I got mine simultaneously with going DR so who knows what they're doing.

Good luck to all the DRs.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:41 am

beef wellington wrote:For a couple batches it took close to a week to get their WL/deny emails, which is ridic. I got mine simultaneously with going DR so who knows what they're doing.

Good luck to all the DRs.

well a couple people went DR the same day as us and got their denies immediately... so I'm pretty confident that's not the case. I hope... because I'd be distraught.

flowerpot

Postby flowerpot » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:41 am

A week?! That's cruel. Sib, now I'm freaking out too!

blackmamba76

Postby blackmamba76 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:45 am

If we just call the admissions office do you think they'll tell us if we got in or not? I can't go through the weekend without knowing, especially if I don't get an email today.

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:48 am

interesting -- I just noticed that my status used to say "both" for the program time (i.e. both full time and part time) and now it just says Full-time

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:48 am

blackmamba76 wrote:If we just call the admissions office do you think they'll tell us if we got in or not? I can't go through the weekend without knowing, especially if I don't get an email today.

no =( but I'd love it if you tried.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:51 am

chutzpah wrote:interesting -- I just noticed that my status used to say "both" for the program time (i.e. both full time and part time) and now it just says Full-time

well duh bc you're in for ft!

blackmamba76

Postby blackmamba76 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:51 am

sibley wrote:
blackmamba76 wrote:If we just call the admissions office do you think they'll tell us if we got in or not? I can't go through the weekend without knowing, especially if I don't get an email today.

Let me have your lsac # so I'll pretend I'm you when I call, just in case they get pissed that I called!

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:53 am

blackmamba76 wrote:
sibley wrote:

Let me have your lsac # so I'll pretend I'm you when I call, just in case they get pissed that I called!

lol... use chutzpah's.
I've been schmoozing witih a professor at gtown. I hope that somehow helps me out. plus he's a really nice guy and is in charge of the program I want.

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:57 am

sibley wrote:
chutzpah wrote:interesting -- I just noticed that my status used to say "both" for the program time (i.e. both full time and part time) and now it just says Full-time

uh thanks but still just UR. Remember, if they average LSAT scores I'm not such a shoo-in.

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:59 am

chutzpah wrote:
sibley wrote:

uh thanks but still just UR. Remember, if they average LSAT scores I'm not such a shoo-in.

what was your first? if they average scores then I'm screwed... and I don't think they do... because I didn't get a ding email on wednesday.... I'd be 3.34/164 if they averaged.

blackmamba76

Postby blackmamba76 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:00 am

sibley wrote:
blackmamba76 wrote:
sibley wrote:

lol... use chutzpah's.
I've been schmoozing witih a professor at gtown. I hope that somehow helps me out. plus he's a really nice guy and is in charge of the program I want.

Would it be safe to assume if we don't get the reject/wl email today, we should expect admit snail mail by say tomorrow or Monday? I'm in the south, so mine could take a few days before getting here.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”