Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pptmmt

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby pptmmt » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:30 pm

chutzpah wrote:I nudged them again because my application is still "complete" as of 2/19. The response was that it normally takes 6-8 weeks from complete to under review. Ok that's totally fine, but my application originally went complete on December 3rd, 15 weeks ago, and then I added a February LSAT score. Had no idea the new LSAT would, quite literally, put me at the bottom of the pile. Really frustrated by this. :x

Mine went under review on Jan. 8 after reporting my Dec LSAT (retaker) and got updated today. I really think that reporting a second LSAT pushed my app to the very bottom of the pile. But I am borderline. Why it takes so long for them to look at my app?

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:31 pm

pptmmt wrote:
chutzpah wrote:I nudged them again because my application is still "complete" as of 2/19. The response was that it normally takes 6-8 weeks from complete to under review. Ok that's totally fine, but my application originally went complete on December 3rd, 15 weeks ago, and then I added a February LSAT score. Had no idea the new LSAT would, quite literally, put me at the bottom of the pile. Really frustrated by this. :x

Mine went under review on Jan. 8 after reporting my Dec LSAT (retaker) and got updated today. I really think that reporting a second LSAT pushed my app to the very bottom of the pile. But I am borderline. Why it takes so long for them to look at my app?

I retook in December as well but didn't submit my app until I had my own score (I theorized I would be able to compile and send the data quicker than they'd be able to). I've been UR several times since early Feb. Not sure if that helps your logic at all.

Tweek

Postby Tweek » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:38 pm

chi16 wrote:I was placed this morning in the special group on the PWL as well. Does anyone know if this actually means anything, or they tell this to everyone they waitlist??

(btw, I too, was UR 2/19)

No, I'm on the regular WL and the email made it clear that there is also a PWL which I am not a part of.

Dear Tweek:

The Committee on Admissions has considered your application and has placed your name on our Waiting List.

The Waiting List is comprised of competitive candidates whom we would like to include in our first year class if space permits. You should be aware, however, that we do maintain a separate category of applicants who have been placed on the Preferred Waiting List who will be given priority consideration if spaces become available in the first year class. For this reason, it is advisable that Waiting List candidates make deposits and fulfill the requirements to secure a place at another law school.

As part of our rolling admissions system, offers of admission will be extended throughout the spring. Over the summer, the files of Waiting List candidates will be reevaluated and final decisions will be issued, some as late as registration day in August.

We realize that your circumstances may change in the coming months. An e-mail will be sent to you in May asking you to reconfirm your interest and update your contact information. Meanwhile, please update us on any approaching deadlines you may be facing. If you do not wish to have your application remain under consideration, please e-mail us at admis@law.georgetown.edu.

sternc

Postby sternc » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:43 pm

What is the acceptance package/letter like? I know it comes snail mail but is it a letter, package, what?

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:50 pm

sternc wrote:What is the acceptance package/letter like? I know it comes snail mail but is it a letter, package, what?

It's a little letter. In fact, I thought for sure it was a rejection letter. It's on nice paper, and mine was 3 pages, with a little handwritten note from Dean Cornblatt at the bottom about something in my PS. But small, so don't freak when you get it :D

edit to say that some weeks later i got a leather padfolio, with a georgetown booklet, and a map of DC.

sternc

Postby sternc » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:53 pm

Does scholarship information come with your initial acceptance?

IHaveDietMoxie

Postby IHaveDietMoxie » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:56 pm

sternc wrote:Does scholarship information come with your initial acceptance?

mine did not

smith8586

Postby smith8586 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:04 pm

Kim617 wrote:
sternc wrote:What is the acceptance package/letter like? I know it comes snail mail but is it a letter, package, what?

It's a little letter. In fact, I thought for sure it was a rejection letter. It's on nice paper, and mine was 3 pages, with a little handwritten note from Dean Cornblatt at the bottom about something in my PS. But small, so don't freak when you get it :D

edit to say that some weeks later i got a leather padfolio, with a georgetown booklet, and a map of DC.

OT but when I applied to Gtown for undergrad I got the little letter in the mail and put off opening it for hours b/c I just knew it was a rejection letter. I was pleasantly surprised once I got the courage to actually open it.

megster_29

Postby megster_29 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:25 pm

I know you all appreciate how excruciating this waiting is and I see that a few of you are still UR since 2/19, but I am still UR since 2/12!! Is that even possible? Anyone else have that date or earlier? This simply cannot be a good sign.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:30 pm

megster_29 wrote:I know you all appreciate how excruciating this waiting is and I see that a few of you are still UR since 2/19, but I am still UR since 2/12!! Is that even possible? Anyone else have that date or earlier? This simply cannot be a good sign.

at this point, nothing is a good sign.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:31 pm

sibley wrote:
megster_29 wrote:I know you all appreciate how excruciating this waiting is and I see that a few of you are still UR since 2/19, but I am still UR since 2/12!! Is that even possible? Anyone else have that date or earlier? This simply cannot be a good sign.

haha i must say though, georgetown is a lot faster than fordham :D

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:31 pm

Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:

not for me =/ you know! I'm mad at fordham! who do they think they are? they're too full of themselves for me after all.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:32 pm

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:

not for me =/

true. i found out from georgetown like 5 weeks before fordham with the same complete date.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:32 pm

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:

not for me =/ you know! I'm mad at fordham! who do they think they are? they're too full of themselves for me after all.

:mrgreen:

when i got accepted to gtown and was still waiting for fordham, i was like WTF.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:33 pm

Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:at this point, nothing is a good sign.

well you're irresistible. And we've already decided that Fordham is stuck up. I'm obsessively checking my status now. Still stuck at last Tuesday.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:36 pm

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:haha i must say though, georgetown is a lot faster than fordham :D

well you're irresistible. And we've already decided that Fordham is stuck up. I'm obsessively checking my status now. Still stuck at last Tuesday.

haha naturally, georgetown just couldn't get enough and fordham got jealous! nyu thought i was way too cool for them obviously, and rejected me.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:

haha naturally, georgetown just couldn't get enough and fordham got jealous! nyu thought i was way too cool for them obviously, and rejected me.

I took a relationship psych class with Harry Reis (he's rocking, look him up). The first day he gave us each a number which we were not allowed to look at. We had to stick it on our foreheads and walk around a little piazza at my school trying to pair up with someone else... the best we could get. We turned down some people with numbers that were too good for us, because we didn't know. But in the end we ended up with a partner very close in numbers to our own. So, see? You're too good for NYU.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:39 pm

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote: :mrgreen:

I took a relationship psych class with Harry Reis (he's rocking, look him up). The first day he gave us each a number which we were not allowed to look at. We had to stick it on our foreheads and walk around a little piazza at my school trying to pair up with someone else... the best we could get. We turned down some people with numbers that were too good for us, because we didn't know. But in the end we ended up with a partner very close in numbers to our own. So, see? You're too good for NYU.

:mrgreen: Thanks for the pep talk.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:14 pm

I have a theory that if I'm logged into my status checker they can't update my status. so I forced myself to close it.

Scarletlady

Postby Scarletlady » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:32 pm

sibley wrote:I have a theory that if I'm logged into my status checker they can't update my status. so I forced myself to close it.

Haha I have the same worry. I've limited myself to checking 3-4 times a day. I flinch everytime.

starrydecisus

Postby starrydecisus » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:19 pm

I'M THE HAPPIEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD RIGHT NOW!! I just got an email stating that I'm an alternate for merit scholarships!!! I was resigned to the fact that the idea of receiving merit aid was totally out of reach, and I'm really happy. The End.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:21 pm

starrydecisus wrote:I'M THE HAPPIEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD RIGHT NOW!! I just got an email stating that I'm an alternate for merit scholarships!!! I was resigned to the fact that the idea of receiving merit aid was totally out of reach, and I'm really happy. The End.

I'm an alternate as well. Do you think we'll actually get something? I was sort of thinking this was them saying "We considered you, but it's a no." I hope you're right!

starrydecisus

Postby starrydecisus » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:47 pm

Kim617 wrote:
starrydecisus wrote:I'M THE HAPPIEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD RIGHT NOW!! I just got an email stating that I'm an alternate for merit scholarships!!! I was resigned to the fact that the idea of receiving merit aid was totally out of reach, and I'm really happy. The End.

I'm an alternate as well. Do you think we'll actually get something? I was sort of thinking this was them saying "We considered you, but it's a no." I hope you're right!

Well, the main thing is that they've sent out a lot of offers right now, so they need to hear back before they know how much money they have. The way I see it is that if I was not an alternate, I'd have no shot at receiving anything. Now that I'm an alternate, there's hope. And I just love GULC so much. <3

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:46 pm

starrydecisus wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

Well, the main thing is that they've sent out a lot of offers right now, so they need to hear back before they know how much money they have. The way I see it is that if I was not an alternate, I'd have no shot at receiving anything. Now that I'm an alternate, there's hope. And I just love GULC so much. <3

Me too. I'm praying they give me SOMETHING!

starrydecisus

Postby starrydecisus » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:26 pm

Kim617 wrote:
starrydecisus wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

Me too. I'm praying they give me SOMETHING!

I know. No offense to other posters out there, but it just kills me when people complain on here about getting offered only a small amount of merit aid from GULC. I would love to get anything to help offset my costs, and I hope their GULC's money does go to people like us, who legitimately want to attend the school with whatever aid they can offer.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”