Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:13 pm

Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:App under review 3/15. If they don't reject me this time I'm gonna be shocked and in disbelief... even though it'll just come later. But the longer they keep me and put me under review again and again the more hope I have.

good luck sib!


just loving that I wasn't an auto reject, for whatever reason =)

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:14 pm

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:App under review 3/15. If they don't reject me this time I'm gonna be shocked and in disbelief... even though it'll just come later. But the longer they keep me and put me under review again and again the more hope I have.

good luck sib!


just loving that I wasn't an auto reject, for whatever reason =)

if you got accepted, would you attend?

User avatar
chutzpah
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby chutzpah » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:14 pm

Still at application completed 2/19 due to Feb retake. I was even reassured by someone in admissions that they'd be reviewing my application soon. Come on Georgetown!!

musicfor18
Posts: 692
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby musicfor18 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:14 pm

Just got my rejection email too. :(

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:15 pm

Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
sibley wrote:App under review 3/15. If they don't reject me this time I'm gonna be shocked and in disbelief... even though it'll just come later. But the longer they keep me and put me under review again and again the more hope I have.

good luck sib!


just loving that I wasn't an auto reject, for whatever reason =)

if you got accepted, would you attend?


it would depend on how much need-based aid they threw my way. obviously I wouldn't be getting a scholly.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:16 pm

chutzpah wrote:Still at application completed 2/19 due to Feb retake. I was even reassured by someone in admissions that they'd be reviewing my application soon. Come on Georgetown!!

good luck!!!

lawgod
Posts: 465
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:22 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby lawgod » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:21 pm

super awesome waitlist 3/5. ur 3/9 was part of the dr 3/15 group last week. now i have dr 3/15 again today. cant log onto the admitted student portal though

Slimpee
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Slimpee » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:22 pm

Big ding day...no Saxa Hoya for me

User avatar
chi16
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:12 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby chi16 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:24 pm

I've been UR since 2/19...should I be worried now? I applied late in the game because I had initially planned on working another year. I'm also very new to the world of TLS so my apologies for not catching a lot of the lingo. DR, is that decision rendered?

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:24 pm

just remembered I applied to their alanya undergrad study abroad program. couldn't justify the cost, though the location is beautiful. they even gave me an 8k scholly. maybe they'll add that bit to my file. and that's the hold up.

scc430
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby scc430 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:25 pm

musicfor18 wrote:Just got my rejection email too. :(


As did I. Oh well

User avatar
pearl_earrings
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:25 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby pearl_earrings » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:29 pm

For those who had phone interviews for scholarships... how long did it take for the school to reach a decision? Did they e-mail or use snail mail?

User avatar
cyh
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby cyh » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:34 pm

scc430 wrote:
musicfor18 wrote:Just got my rejection email too. :(


As did I. Oh well



when did you apply?

User avatar
cyh
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby cyh » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:35 pm

chi16 wrote:I've been UR since 2/19...should I be worried now? I applied late in the game because I had initially planned on working another year. I'm also very new to the world of TLS so my apologies for not catching a lot of the lingo. DR, is that decision rendered?


yes

foosh
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby foosh » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:45 pm

I also have been UR since 2/19. I've seen many qualified candidates rejected before me, so I don't know if it's an indication of anything.

User avatar
cyh
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby cyh » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:47 pm

foosh wrote:I also have been UR since 2/19. I've seen many qualified candidates rejected before me, so I don't know if it's an indication of anything.


++++++1

savesthedayajb
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Sorry to hear about all of the rejections. Were any of you PT only candidates?

User avatar
foxyeconomist
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby foxyeconomist » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:00 pm

cyh wrote:
foosh wrote:I also have been UR since 2/19. I've seen many qualified candidates rejected before me, so I don't know if it's an indication of anything.


++++++1


I'm also UR 2/19.

kevdadude
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:40 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby kevdadude » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:37 pm

Just got put on the (regular) Waitlist about an hour ago via email. UR 3/10. DR 3/15.

musicfor18
Posts: 692
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby musicfor18 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:48 pm

kevdadude wrote:Just got put on the (regular) Waitlist about an hour ago via email. UR 3/10. DR 3/15.


What are your stats?

djgoldbe
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby djgoldbe » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:56 pm

mbv wrote:For those who did an interview in the last month or two, how long did it take for you to receive a decision? i interviewed about a week ago and am eagerly waiting to hear something.


I went 'committee requested interview' on feb 3, interviewed on feb 18, and my status checker has yet to change. I called and they told me this was normal, so, I would assume you have some waiting to do.

law_lover
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:02 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby law_lover » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:59 pm

foxyeconomist wrote:
cyh wrote:
foosh wrote:I also have been UR since 2/19. I've seen many qualified candidates rejected before me, so I don't know if it's an indication of anything.


++++++1


I'm also UR 2/19.



I have been UR since 2/17. I really hope Georgetown isn't giving me false hope. I am beginning to think that my app fell behind someone's desk.

pelmen74
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby pelmen74 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:59 pm

Anyone know how GULC hands out scholys? Do I need to apply for one if I'm accepted, or does it just come a few days after acceptance.

User avatar
Jules Winnfield
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Jules Winnfield » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:03 pm

Does anyone know how good G'town is with financial aid/need-based awards? I just got in today and I'm stoked.

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby starrydecisus » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:27 pm

pelmen74 wrote:Anyone know how GULC hands out scholys? Do I need to apply for one if I'm accepted, or does it just come a few days after acceptance.


GULC does not offer a large amount of merit aid scholarships. They send out personal emails to certain applicants inviting them to interview for the scholarships, then select the awardees, and alternates.

I know in recent correspondance with them, I learned that they have made their preliminary offers already.

The financial aid office does offer some need-based grants, although you are required to give them your parent's financial information so I think it's difficult to qualify for one.

However, GULC has a great LRAP program if you're interested in Public Interest.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], whodareswins and 2 guests