Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby crackberry » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:19 pm

bryntax wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Admitted Students be expecting a gift in the mail. I am in DC and just received a leather day timmer from the Student Ambassador program.


i could really use a leather day timmer.

Haha I just got one of these in the mail. Would it be weird of me to keep it when there's almost no way I'll be going to Georgetown?

User avatar
nowinGA
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby nowinGA » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:28 pm

crackberry wrote:
bryntax wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Admitted Students be expecting a gift in the mail. I am in DC and just received a leather day timmer from the Student Ambassador program.


i could really use a leather day timmer.

Haha I just got one of these in the mail. Would it be weird of me to keep it when there's almost no way I'll be going to Georgetown?


Yup. Totally weird. Send it to me and if they don't take me off of the SPWL I will use it as leverage to tell them they already accepted me. Should totally work. ;)

savesthedayajb
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby savesthedayajb » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:32 pm

crackberry wrote:
bryntax wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Admitted Students be expecting a gift in the mail. I am in DC and just received a leather day timmer from the Student Ambassador program.


i could really use a leather day timmer.

Haha I just got one of these in the mail. Would it be weird of me to keep it when there's almost no way I'll be going to Georgetown?


They didn't get back to you with a new offer yet?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby crackberry » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:38 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:They didn't get back to you with a new offer yet?

Nope.

User avatar
Dignan
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Dignan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:42 pm

crackberry wrote:
bryntax wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Admitted Students be expecting a gift in the mail. I am in DC and just received a leather day timmer from the Student Ambassador program.


i could really use a leather day timmer.

Haha I just got one of these in the mail. Would it be weird of me to keep it when there's almost no way I'll be going to Georgetown?

I'm keeping the one I got from NU, which is much nicer than the one GULC sent me. Next year, I'll be the loser walking around Columbia or Berkeley or wherever with my Northwestern-badged day planner.

nax425
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:14 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby nax425 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:43 pm

Also went DR on 3/8 and was immediately able to log in to admitted students website...still nothing official via snail mail. I guess I'm in Kansas...but 4 real? It take that long to get here? I won't believe it til I get the folder in the mail...

User avatar
Havaianas
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Havaianas » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:32 am

Dignan wrote:
crackberry wrote:
bryntax wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Admitted Students be expecting a gift in the mail. I am in DC and just received a leather day timmer from the Student Ambassador program.


i could really use a leather day timmer.

Haha I just got one of these in the mail. Would it be weird of me to keep it when there's almost no way I'll be going to Georgetown?

I'm keeping the one I got from NU, which is much nicer than the one GULC sent me. Next year, I'll be the loser walking around Columbia or Berkeley or wherever with my Northwestern-badged day planner.


Yeah the GULC planner was a nice gesture for sure - but I would've been happier with some simple GULC sticky notes. And if I dont go then I will surely never use it. BU sent sticky notes and I thought that was a nice move - now I see BU Law whenever I open my planner, or a book, in my car - wherever I have sticky notes!

User avatar
bryntax
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby bryntax » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:25 am

last night i had a dream that i got a package of gifts from Fordham and GULC - in the same package. I got cardboard drink coasters, a sweatshirt and a pair of jeans.

:shock:

... but there was no actual indication that I had been admitted. HA.

musicfor18
Posts: 692
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby musicfor18 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:01 pm

I don't like that I have to wait now until Monday for any more hope of hearing the decision from Georgetown. If they made a decision on Wednesday, can't they just inform us already?! Just venting...sorry. I'm sure everyone else who went DR on 3/10 feels the same way. Anyone hear anything yet?

hugtrees
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:52 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby hugtrees » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:44 pm

ok, finally got the snail mail acceptance letter 3/12 (mailed to boston), after going DR 3/8 and logging into the ASW. it was a small square-ish envelope with a letter on oddly sized paper - it scared me to death because it was so small!

User avatar
SDWaterBaby
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:20 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SDWaterBaby » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Did anyone here interview with an alum? My status went from "Requested Interview" to UR again, and it's been UR for about a week now. How long did it take to go DF for people who interviewed? I'm wayyy too on edge for my own good :(

nyknicks
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:47 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby nyknicks » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:59 pm

SDWaterBaby wrote:Did anyone here interview with an alum? My status went from "Requested Interview" to UR again, and it's been UR for about a week now. How long did it take to go DF for people who interviewed? I'm wayyy too on edge for my own good :(


TWSS.

nax425
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:14 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby nax425 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:10 pm

hugtrees wrote:ok, finally got the snail mail acceptance letter 3/12 (mailed to boston), after going DR 3/8 and logging into the ASW. it was a small square-ish envelope with a letter on oddly sized paper - it scared me to death because it was so small!


Ditto. I was thinking - do they let waitlists on the admitted students website? But it was for real acceptance. I feel better having it in my hands now. Did you get a little handwritten note, too? I thought that was a nice touch. Maybe I'm naive.

hugtrees
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:52 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby hugtrees » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:47 pm

nax425 wrote:
hugtrees wrote:ok, finally got the snail mail acceptance letter 3/12 (mailed to boston), after going DR 3/8 and logging into the ASW. it was a small square-ish envelope with a letter on oddly sized paper - it scared me to death because it was so small!


Ditto. I was thinking - do they let waitlists on the admitted students website? But it was for real acceptance. I feel better having it in my hands now. Did you get a little handwritten note, too? I thought that was a nice touch. Maybe I'm naive.


i got a handwritten note as well. it was specific to my interests that i wrote about in my personal statement (env. law), so i thought that was sweet. a handwritten note is always a nice touch! nothing naive about that :)

law_lover
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:02 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby law_lover » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:20 pm

gdane5 wrote:I've been UR for over a month now. I'm pretty positive that I'm an auto reject. Like almost 99% positive.

So, is the fact that they're taking so long anything to get "excited" about? I expected a quick rejection, but the process seems to be taking a while. Maybe they just have a lot of applicants to go through?

Thanks!


I am also interested in this.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:29 pm

hugtrees wrote:
nax425 wrote:
hugtrees wrote:ok, finally got the snail mail acceptance letter 3/12 (mailed to boston), after going DR 3/8 and logging into the ASW. it was a small square-ish envelope with a letter on oddly sized paper - it scared me to death because it was so small!


Ditto. I was thinking - do they let waitlists on the admitted students website? But it was for real acceptance. I feel better having it in my hands now. Did you get a little handwritten note, too? I thought that was a nice touch. Maybe I'm naive.


i got a handwritten note as well. it was specific to my interests that i wrote about in my personal statement (env. law), so i thought that was sweet. a handwritten note is always a nice touch! nothing naive about that :)

definitely a nice touch. in fact, georgetown is one of the only schools that really seems interested in admitted students. i get emails and stuff, plus the leather binder was nice with the little gulc booklet.

scc430
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby scc430 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:56 pm

musicfor18 wrote:I don't like that I have to wait now until Monday for any more hope of hearing the decision from Georgetown. If they made a decision on Wednesday, can't they just inform us already?! Just venting...sorry. I'm sure everyone else who went DR on 3/10 feels the same way. Anyone hear anything yet?


I am positive I didn't get in but I don't see why it takes 4 days to send an email...

GTLAWSCHOOL
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby GTLAWSCHOOL » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:10 pm

scc430 wrote:
musicfor18 wrote:I don't like that I have to wait now until Monday for any more hope of hearing the decision from Georgetown. If they made a decision on Wednesday, can't they just inform us already?! Just venting...sorry. I'm sure everyone else who went DR on 3/10 feels the same way. Anyone hear anything yet?


I am positive I didn't get in but I don't see why it takes 4 days to send an email...


+1

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:17 pm

GTLAWSCHOOL wrote:
scc430 wrote:
musicfor18 wrote:I don't like that I have to wait now until Monday for any more hope of hearing the decision from Georgetown. If they made a decision on Wednesday, can't they just inform us already?! Just venting...sorry. I'm sure everyone else who went DR on 3/10 feels the same way. Anyone hear anything yet?


I am positive I didn't get in but I don't see why it takes 4 days to send an email...


+1

I believe they wait until around the time the acceptance letters arrive.

User avatar
asdfff
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:46 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby asdfff » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:04 pm

Just got my rejection email. No surprises there.

phonepro
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby phonepro » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:04 pm

just got my rejection via e-mail... 165/4.0; not upset though, I didn't want to go there lol. just passing on the news; check your e-mails!

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:08 pm

App under review 3/15. If they don't reject me this time I'm gonna be shocked and in disbelief... even though it'll just come later. But the longer they keep me and put me under review again and again the more hope I have.

mbv
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby mbv » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:11 pm

For those who did an interview in the last month or two, how long did it take for you to receive a decision? i interviewed about a week ago and am eagerly waiting to hear something.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:11 pm

sibley wrote:App under review 3/15. If they don't reject me this time I'm gonna be shocked and in disbelief... even though it'll just come later. But the longer they keep me and put me under review again and again the more hope I have.

good luck sib!

User avatar
nowinGA
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby nowinGA » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:13 pm

sibley wrote:App under review 3/15. If they don't reject me this time I'm gonna be shocked and in disbelief... even though it'll just come later. But the longer they keep me and put me under review again and again the more hope I have.


Have you just remained under review or are you currently on a waitlist?

Whatever the case...GOOD LUCK!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”