Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jennifergarner
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jennifergarner » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:23 pm

i have a phone interview regarding a "potential scholarship" coming up -- if anyone has had one of these, could you please pm me and let me know what to expect? thanks so much :D

User avatar
Scrutinizer
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:31 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Scrutinizer » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:44 pm

dummy66 wrote:chances of getting off?


100%

--ImageRemoved--

jennifergarner wrote:i have a phone interview regarding a "potential scholarship" coming up -- if anyone has had one of these, could you please pm me and let me know what to expect? thanks so much :D


Just prepare a little "Why Law, Why Georgetown" spiel. Mine was quite relaxed and down to earth.

User avatar
mb88
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:15 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby mb88 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:07 pm

You know, for all the hate Georgetown gets on this forum...

We've got by far the largest "X School 2010" thread.

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Sauer Grapes » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:10 pm

Does anyone know if Georgetown gives scholarships for part time students?

nax425
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:14 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby nax425 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:36 pm

ACCEPTED (via admitted students website)! DR on 3/8.

Still waiting on NYU. But I have a back-up plan now. :D

democrattotheend
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby democrattotheend » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:39 pm

Revisionist wrote:
Xizenta wrote:
gscfire33 wrote:Just got the "special group within preferred waitlist" e-mail this morning. Complete around 2/24, UR 3/4, e-mail today 3/5. Pretty quick response rate there. 171/3.83 for what it's worth. Going to stay on the waitlist, definitely want to go to Georgetown...



Wait, why would they waitlist 171/3.83?...

There haven't been any new acceptances on LSN since January, maybe they've accepted as many people as they're going to until enough people withdraw for slots to open up.


I got accepted in late February. I thought I updated LSN.

democrattotheend
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby democrattotheend » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:40 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:Does anyone know if Georgetown gives scholarships for part time students?


No, they don't give need grants or merit aid for part time students. At least that's what they said at the info session I went to in September.

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Sauer Grapes » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:19 pm

democrattotheend wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:Does anyone know if Georgetown gives scholarships for part time students?


No, they don't give need grants or merit aid for part time students. At least that's what they said at the info session I went to in September.

Thanks for the answer. I had a feeling since the scholarship application form mentioned it was only for full time students.

User avatar
chutzpah
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby chutzpah » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:31 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
democrattotheend wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:Does anyone know if Georgetown gives scholarships for part time students?


No, they don't give need grants or merit aid for part time students. At least that's what they said at the info session I went to in September.

Thanks for the answer. I had a feeling since the scholarship application form mentioned it was only for full time students.


According to the official ABA/LSAC data, they gave grants and/or scholarships to 10 part time students (2.6% vs 34% of FT students)

User avatar
newyorker88
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby newyorker88 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:25 pm

My status just changed from under review 2/12 to under review 3/9. Anyone know what that means?

User avatar
unknownscholar
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby unknownscholar » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:27 pm

newyorker88 wrote:My status just changed from under review 2/12 to under review 3/9. Anyone know what that means?


they are looking at it again. :mrgreen:

In all seriousness, they're probably approaching a decision within the week.

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:28 pm

newyorker88 wrote:My status just changed from under review 2/12 to under review 3/9. Anyone know what that means?

Damn, mine still says 2/12.

savesthedayajb
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby savesthedayajb » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Mine still says 1/12 :?

User avatar
newyorker88
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby newyorker88 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:56 pm

unknownscholar wrote:
newyorker88 wrote:My status just changed from under review 2/12 to under review 3/9. Anyone know what that means?


they are looking at it again. :mrgreen:

In all seriousness, they're probably approaching a decision within the week.


That'd be awesome. I just hope it's a good decision.

jman77
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jman77 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:04 pm

Just went to Under Review today. Had been complete at 2/15.

lunu
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:50 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby lunu » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:18 pm

jman77 wrote:Just went to Under Review today. Had been complete at 2/15.


me too. same dates exactly.

User avatar
otherside220
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:40 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby otherside220 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:57 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
newyorker88 wrote:My status just changed from under review 2/12 to under review 3/9. Anyone know what that means?

Damn, mine still says 2/12.


mine too :(

lunu
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:50 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby lunu » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:04 pm

otherside220 wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
newyorker88 wrote:My status just changed from under review 2/12 to under review 3/9. Anyone know what that means?

Damn, mine still says 2/12.


mine too :(


did you apply to both programs? maybe they're considering you for PT? just a guess.

pptmmt
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:57 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby pptmmt » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:05 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:Mine still says 1/12 :?

what's your numbers? Mine still says 1/8. Part time. :(

yeff
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:32 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby yeff » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:41 am

Anyone have their decision rendered in the future besides me?

"Current Status: Application Under Review
Current Status Date: 3/9/2010
Decision Status: Decision Rendered
Decision Status Date: 3/15/2010"

:?:

lunu
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:50 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby lunu » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:12 am

yeff wrote:Anyone have their decision rendered in the future besides me?

"Current Status: Application Under Review
Current Status Date: 3/9/2010
Decision Status: Decision Rendered
Decision Status Date: 3/15/2010"

:?:


no. but try logging on the admitted students site.

User avatar
nowinGA
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby nowinGA » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:40 am

lunu wrote:
yeff wrote:Anyone have their decision rendered in the future besides me?

"Current Status: Application Under Review
Current Status Date: 3/9/2010
Decision Status: Decision Rendered
Decision Status Date: 3/15/2010"

:?:


no. but try logging on the admitted students site.


I assume that when people log into the admitted students site before they are officially notified, they are doing so using the same login/password from the status checker?

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:16 pm

crackberry wrote:
gmichaelbluth wrote:
crackberry wrote:So I got this email too. I applied for a Public Interest scholarship at Georgetown and have yet to hear back about that, which is the only reason I haven't withdrawn yet (has anyone heard about that ... I think it was called PILS or something?).

That said, I just responded to the email with a pretty caustic note saying basically, "does this mean I'm not being considered for merit-based aid? If so, please let me know so I can withdraw immediately and free up my spot for someone else." It was actually a little tougher than that, too. We'll see how they respond.


Ballsy--love it! You'll have to let us know how they respond.

Not that ballsy, given my other offers. I'll let you guys know how they respond on Monday.

Crackberry, did they ever respond?

User avatar
foxyeconomist
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby foxyeconomist » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:26 pm

nowinGA wrote:I assume that when people log into the admitted students site before they are officially notified, they are doing so using the same login/password from the status checker?

They click the NO PASSWORD link.

User avatar
opus127
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby opus127 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:09 pm

Kim617 wrote:
crackberry wrote:
gmichaelbluth wrote:
crackberry wrote:So I got this email too. I applied for a Public Interest scholarship at Georgetown and have yet to hear back about that, which is the only reason I haven't withdrawn yet (has anyone heard about that ... I think it was called PILS or something?).

That said, I just responded to the email with a pretty caustic note saying basically, "does this mean I'm not being considered for merit-based aid? If so, please let me know so I can withdraw immediately and free up my spot for someone else." It was actually a little tougher than that, too. We'll see how they respond.


Ballsy--love it! You'll have to let us know how they respond.

Not that ballsy, given my other offers. I'll let you guys know how they respond on Monday.

Crackberry, did they ever respond?


I'm curious in general if anyone has heard anything since the generic "we'll update you around March 10" e-mail. (I got a follow-up from a real person asking for more info, but no interview or anything.)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests