Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gscfire33

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby gscfire33 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:14 pm

Just got the "special group within preferred waitlist" e-mail this morning. Complete around 2/24, UR 3/4, e-mail today 3/5. Pretty quick response rate there. 171/3.83 for what it's worth. Going to stay on the waitlist, definitely want to go to Georgetown...

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:38 pm

gscfire33 wrote:Just got the "special group within preferred waitlist" e-mail this morning. Complete around 2/24, UR 3/4, e-mail today 3/5. Pretty quick response rate there. 171/3.83 for what it's worth. Going to stay on the waitlist, definitely want to go to Georgetown...

With those stats, you should be golden at NYU and/or Chicago if you applied.

law_lover

Postby law_lover » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:40 pm

I am still UR 2/17.

otherside220

Postby otherside220 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:53 pm

also still under review, as of 2/12. getting nervous though.
Last edited by otherside220 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gmichaelbluth

Postby gmichaelbluth » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:56 pm

crackberry wrote:
gmichaelbluth wrote:So people are talking about emails inquiring about interviewing for scholarships, and emails asking to let them know of other offers. Are those emails one and the same? The email I got a couple of days ago was different:

"I am writing to update you on your scholarship request. The Scholarship Committee is currently reviewing all of our requests for funding and expects to start making these very difficult decisions very soon.

We hope to be able to provide a further update on the process and your request for funding by March 10th. We understand this decision-making period can be stressful, and thank you for your patience. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any updates or questions."

Anyone else get this? Seems like this is different from the email soem people got who requested to be considered for scholarship support. Does this mean I'll get a second email by March 10 telling me either a) I'll be interviewed/please let them know about my other offers or b)I'm not receiving anything?

So I got this email too. I applied for a Public Interest scholarship at Georgetown and have yet to hear back about that, which is the only reason I haven't withdrawn yet (has anyone heard about that ... I think it was called PILS or something?).

That said, I just responded to the email with a pretty caustic note saying basically, "does this mean I'm not being considered for merit-based aid? If so, please let me know so I can withdraw immediately and free up my spot for someone else." It was actually a little tougher than that, too. We'll see how they respond.

Ballsy--love it! You'll have to let us know how they respond.

pearl_earrings

Postby pearl_earrings » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:20 am

sundevil77 wrote:
pearl_earrings wrote:To those expecting phone-call interviews "in the next week"... could that mean tomorrow? I'm not available Wed-Fri next week, so I'm really hoping I get to chat with someone before then.

It's seems like the turnaround has been pretty quick. I'm expecting a call tomorrow.

Did you get your call? How did it go?

gobears09

Postby gobears09 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:22 pm

otherside220 wrote:also still under review, as of 2/12. getting nervous though. gtown is my first choice.

+1 care to share your numbers?

sundevil77

Postby sundevil77 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:42 pm

pearl_earrings wrote:
sundevil77 wrote:
pearl_earrings wrote:To those expecting phone-call interviews "in the next week"... could that mean tomorrow? I'm not available Wed-Fri next week, so I'm really hoping I get to chat with someone before then.

It's seems like the turnaround has been pretty quick. I'm expecting a call tomorrow.

Yeah, I did. I thought it went well :D . Very informal, 20 minute conversation. I don't know exactly what G'town is looking for in the interview besides get a feel for the applicant and gauge his/her interest. I hope I get good news next week about a scholarship, but I think it's pretty much a crapshoot. Have you got your call yet? If you haven't, good luck!

pearl_earrings

Postby pearl_earrings » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:13 pm

sundevil77 wrote:
pearl_earrings wrote:
sundevil77 wrote:

Yeah, I did. I thought it went well :D . Very informal, 20 minute conversation. I don't know exactly what G'town is looking for in the interview besides get a feel for the applicant and gauge his/her interest. I hope I get good news next week about a scholarship, but I think it's pretty much a crapshoot. Have you got your call yet? If you haven't, good luck!

Me too - I was surprised by how quickly they called and by how informal it was. It was SO nice to chat with someone about the school... I feel like I learned a lot, even if that wasn't the entire purpose of the call.
I hope there's good news for us next week!

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:46 pm

gmichaelbluth wrote:
crackberry wrote:So I got this email too. I applied for a Public Interest scholarship at Georgetown and have yet to hear back about that, which is the only reason I haven't withdrawn yet (has anyone heard about that ... I think it was called PILS or something?).

That said, I just responded to the email with a pretty caustic note saying basically, "does this mean I'm not being considered for merit-based aid? If so, please let me know so I can withdraw immediately and free up my spot for someone else." It was actually a little tougher than that, too. We'll see how they respond.

Not that ballsy, given my other offers. I'll let you guys know how they respond on Monday.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:08 am

crackberry wrote:
gmichaelbluth wrote:
crackberry wrote:So I got this email too. I applied for a Public Interest scholarship at Georgetown and have yet to hear back about that, which is the only reason I haven't withdrawn yet (has anyone heard about that ... I think it was called PILS or something?).

Not that ballsy, given my other offers. I'll let you guys know how they respond on Monday.

I'm dying to know!!

Xizenta

Postby Xizenta » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:26 am

gscfire33 wrote:Just got the "special group within preferred waitlist" e-mail this morning. Complete around 2/24, UR 3/4, e-mail today 3/5. Pretty quick response rate there. 171/3.83 for what it's worth. Going to stay on the waitlist, definitely want to go to Georgetown...

Wait, why would they waitlist 171/3.83?...

Core

Postby Core » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:39 am

crackberry wrote:
gmichaelbluth wrote:So people are talking about emails inquiring about interviewing for scholarships, and emails asking to let them know of other offers. Are those emails one and the same? The email I got a couple of days ago was different:

"I am writing to update you on your scholarship request. The Scholarship Committee is currently reviewing all of our requests for funding and expects to start making these very difficult decisions very soon.

We hope to be able to provide a further update on the process and your request for funding by March 10th. We understand this decision-making period can be stressful, and thank you for your patience. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any updates or questions."

Anyone else get this? Seems like this is different from the email soem people got who requested to be considered for scholarship support. Does this mean I'll get a second email by March 10 telling me either a) I'll be interviewed/please let them know about my other offers or b)I'm not receiving anything?

So I got this email too. I applied for a Public Interest scholarship at Georgetown and have yet to hear back about that, which is the only reason I haven't withdrawn yet (has anyone heard about that ... I think it was called PILS or something?).

+1

CoaltoNewCastle

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:33 pm

Xizenta wrote:

To protect their yield rate.

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:10 pm

CoaltoNewCastle wrote:
Xizenta wrote:

To protect their yield rate.

Georgetown, with its huge class size, has never YP'd in the past. And if you check out LSN, you'll see lots of acceptances (and almost no WLs) for applicants with 175-180 LSAT scores and 3.8-4.0 GPAs. I don't know why the 171/3.83 was put on a WL, but I doubt that yield protection had anything to do with it.

Havaianas

Postby Havaianas » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:25 pm

uhhh I didn't get any of those emails?
Is that because I have yet to submit the need access? (still waiting for the parents)

eas331 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

Yep, I got that. I'm pretty sure that means we're not even being considered LOL

Got the same e-mail. Based on what people have posted in the past few pages of this thread, I'm guessing it's their way of saying we'll find out March 10 or so that we'll get $0 grant aid. :?

freddy knuckles

Postby freddy knuckles » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:50 pm

so i'm really starting to get annoyed with GULC. i went complete 11/4/09, under review 11/21 or so, then got an interview request on 12/10/09. replied immediately, had my interview a month later (1/15), and then nothing for six weeks. After repeated emails and phone calls, in which the admissions officers claimed that I was under review the entire time, my status checker finally switched back to under review on 2/22. Since then, not a word. its been over 4 months and still no decision. anyone else running into similar problems?

havefaithl6

Postby havefaithl6 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:17 pm

To everyone that was posting in the last couple pages on status checker changes in the past couple days:

I went under review 3/4 and DR 3/8. I haven't gotten an e-mail yet, but I was able to log on to the admitted students website, so I'm guessing that means I'm in?? (crossing my fingers!) But you guys could try the same thing

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:37 pm

Updated UR 3/4, DR 3/8. Original UR early February.

OK... able to login to the admitted students site. Guess I'm in.

Revisionist

Postby Revisionist » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:54 pm

Xizenta wrote:

There haven't been any new acceptances on LSN since January, maybe they've accepted as many people as they're going to until enough people withdraw for slots to open up.

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:04 pm

withdrew today, good luck to everyone still waiting.

Bailarina08

Postby Bailarina08 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:54 pm

Still UR 3/3. Anyone else? (This was my 2nd UR, so I'm totally confused.)

stayclassy

Postby stayclassy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:17 am

havefaithl6 wrote:To everyone that was posting in the last couple pages on status checker changes in the past couple days:

I went under review 3/4 and DR 3/8. I haven't gotten an e-mail yet, but I was able to log on to the admitted students website, so I'm guessing that means I'm in?? (crossing my fingers!) But you guys could try the same thing

Sorry if this question is redundant. I'm new to the forum. Is it only possible to log onto the admitted students website if you have been admitted? I went DR 3/8 and was able to log on....don't want to get excited prematurely....

flyingpanda

Postby flyingpanda » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:33 am

stayclassy wrote:
havefaithl6 wrote:To everyone that was posting in the last couple pages on status checker changes in the past couple days:

Sorry if this question is redundant. I'm new to the forum. Is it only possible to log onto the admitted students website if you have been admitted? I went DR 3/8 and was able to log on....don't want to get excited prematurely....

You're in... enjoy it.

dummy66

Postby dummy66 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:45 am

160/3.85 preferred waitlist georgetown

chances of getting off?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”