Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sundevil77

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sundevil77 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:10 am

pearl_earrings wrote:To those expecting phone-call interviews "in the next week"... could that mean tomorrow? I'm not available Wed-Fri next week, so I'm really hoping I get to chat with someone before then.

It's seems like the turnaround has been pretty quick. I'm expecting a call tomorrow.

pearl_earrings

Postby pearl_earrings » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:20 am

sundevil77 wrote:
pearl_earrings wrote:To those expecting phone-call interviews "in the next week"... could that mean tomorrow? I'm not available Wed-Fri next week, so I'm really hoping I get to chat with someone before then.

It's seems like the turnaround has been pretty quick. I'm expecting a call tomorrow.

Thanks!
...Okay, I'm kind of nervous now!

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:35 am

So... has GeorgeTTTown made many part time decisions yet? It seems like almost all of those on LSN that submitted at the same time as me have gotten decisions, but I don't think any are part time.

I have numbers that were competitive for full time, so I shouldn't have a problem getting in part time (I'm local and working, hence I was only intrerested in PT at GTTTown because I'm leaving DC if I go somewhere full time.

yeff

Postby yeff » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:10 am

Last edited by yeff on Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:21 am

Sauer Grapes wrote:So... has GeorgeTTTown made many part time decisions yet? It seems like almost all of those on LSN that submitted at the same time as me have gotten decisions, but I don't think any are part time.

I have numbers that were competitive for full time, so I shouldn't have a problem getting in part time (I'm local and working, hence I was only intrerested in PT at GTTTown because I'm leaving DC if I go somewhere full time.

Well, my under review date updated today from 2/12 to yesterday's date. Maybe they are finally moving on it.

gmichaelbluth

Postby gmichaelbluth » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:42 am

So people are talking about emails inquiring about interviewing for scholarships, and emails asking to let them know of other offers. Are those emails one and the same? The email I got a couple of days ago was different:

"I am writing to update you on your scholarship request. The Scholarship Committee is currently reviewing all of our requests for funding and expects to start making these very difficult decisions very soon.

We hope to be able to provide a further update on the process and your request for funding by March 10th. We understand this decision-making period can be stressful, and thank you for your patience. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any updates or questions."

Anyone else get this? Seems like this is different from the email soem people got who requested to be considered for scholarship support. Does this mean I'll get a second email by March 10 telling me either a) I'll be interviewed/please let them know about my other offers or b)I'm not receiving anything?

Jackie O

Postby Jackie O » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:46 am

Sauer Grapes wrote:So... has GeorgeTTTown made many part time decisions yet? It seems like almost all of those on LSN that submitted at the same time as me have gotten decisions, but I don't think any are part time.

I got into the PT program on 11/30 - also will be working in dc

bluth - I got the same e-mail - pretty positive it's just a "you're not getting money and will confirm this on march 10"

edit: if you're watching gulc - know that I love you, please give me $ <3
Last edited by Jackie O on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

pollaclc

Postby pollaclc » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:53 am

who should be contacted (& how) if you decide you'd like to be considered for PT as well as FT? just got a good job offer would only be able to take it if i do school pt

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:01 pm

gmichaelbluth wrote:So people are talking about emails inquiring about interviewing for scholarships, and emails asking to let them know of other offers. Are those emails one and the same? The email I got a couple of days ago was different:

"I am writing to update you on your scholarship request. The Scholarship Committee is currently reviewing all of our requests for funding and expects to start making these very difficult decisions very soon.

We hope to be able to provide a further update on the process and your request for funding by March 10th. We understand this decision-making period can be stressful, and thank you for your patience. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any updates or questions."

Anyone else get this? Seems like this is different from the email soem people got who requested to be considered for scholarship support. Does this mean I'll get a second email by March 10 telling me either a) I'll be interviewed/please let them know about my other offers or b)I'm not receiving anything?

Yep, I got that. I'm pretty sure that means we're not even being considered LOL

sibley

Postby sibley » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:03 pm

Why are they taking so long to ding me??? Anyone else still waiting?

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:08 pm

tulip baroo wrote:

bluth - I got the same e-mail - pretty positive it's just a "you're not getting money and will confirm this on march 10"

Omg, this girl got in. Does Georgetown have no standards whatsoever?

Jackie O

Postby Jackie O » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:09 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
tulip baroo wrote:

:? it is true

withdraw now before you expose yourself to this disgraceful institution

especially if you've been given $

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:11 pm

sibley wrote:Why are they taking so long to ding me??? Anyone else still waiting?

Sibley! Don't worry, Fordham took 3 months to get to me, don't lose hope! And UVA still hasn't even sent me an update-- complete 12/9 holla!

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:14 pm

tulip baroo wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
tulip baroo wrote:

:? it is true

withdraw now before you expose yourself to this disgraceful institution

especially if you've been given $

lol, think about how big of loser you'd have to be to still be trying to desperately get in.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:43 pm

Just went UR 3/4, complete 2/12. Is GTown's review process typically a long one or relatively short? I need some kind of decision from somewhere to keep me from going crazy over waiting at the rest of my schools. Duke's had me waiting for review since mid-January :x

lawschoollll

Postby lawschoollll » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:33 pm

stratocophic wrote:Just went UR 3/4, complete 2/12. Is GTown's review process typically a long one or relatively short? I need some kind of decision from somewhere to keep me from going crazy over waiting at the rest of my schools. Duke's had me waiting for review since mid-January :x

Would also like to know the answer to this, as I also just went under review yesterday (3/4).

Also, what's the deal with the merit aid thing? Do I have to email them to let them know I want to be considered...?

sundevil77

Postby sundevil77 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:51 pm

Anybody have their phone interview today?

opus127

Postby opus127 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:03 pm

Kim617 wrote:
gmichaelbluth wrote:So people are talking about emails inquiring about interviewing for scholarships, and emails asking to let them know of other offers. Are those emails one and the same? The email I got a couple of days ago was different:

Got the same e-mail. Based on what people have posted in the past few pages of this thread, I'm guessing it's their way of saying we'll find out March 10 or so that we'll get $0 grant aid. :?

lawschoollll

Postby lawschoollll » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:50 pm

eas331 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

Got the same e-mail. Based on what people have posted in the past few pages of this thread, I'm guessing it's their way of saying we'll find out March 10 or so that we'll get $0 grant aid. :?

Sorry to ask this again, but to be considered for merit aid, do you have to send Gtown an email saying so?

opus127

Postby opus127 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:56 pm

lawschoollll wrote:
Sorry to ask this again, but to be considered for merit aid, do you have to send Gtown an email saying so?

Unclear. From reading this thread, it seems some people have received unsolicited invitations to interview for scholarships. Others received invitations to interview after expressing interest in scholarships. And some of us inquired and got the e-mails posted above. :|

DEANBIGBROTHERALMI-T

Postby DEANBIGBROTHERALMI-T » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:01 pm

just got dinged by georgetown. through email.

got the DR on 3/3. went complete 1/12 and was under review since 2/6.

good luck to the rest of you guys!

taw856

Postby taw856 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:02 pm

Not optimistic at this point in the cycle, but getting anxious enough I'll jump in on this thread too. (I'd been avoiding the t-14 threads so as not to jinx it. :wink: )

Under review 2/17.

HerseyChris

Postby HerseyChris » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:05 pm

Also dinged through email.
Sent 1/15, complete 1/22, in review 2/20 maybe?
167 3.48, applied for FT or PT.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:43 pm

So I got this email too. I applied for a Public Interest scholarship at Georgetown and have yet to hear back about that, which is the only reason I haven't withdrawn yet (has anyone heard about that ... I think it was called PILS or something?).

That said, I just responded to the email with a pretty caustic note saying basically, "does this mean I'm not being considered for merit-based aid? If so, please let me know so I can withdraw immediately and free up my spot for someone else." It was actually a little tougher than that, too. We'll see how they respond.

sundevil77

Postby sundevil77 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:50 pm

crackberry wrote:So I got this email too. I applied for a Public Interest scholarship at Georgetown and have yet to hear back about that, which is the only reason I haven't withdrawn yet (has anyone heard about that ... I think it was called PILS or something?).

That said, I just responded to the email with a pretty caustic note saying basically, "does this mean I'm not being considered for merit-based aid? If so, please let me know so I can withdraw immediately and free up my spot for someone else." It was actually a little tougher than that, too. We'll see how they respond.

I don't think there's a problem with being direct like that, crack. You've got other great offers. Let us know what they say.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”