Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
memaha
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby memaha » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:28 am

missvik218 wrote:
Waaah, I hope Gtown lets us in!!! How do they notify?


From what I've gathered, Gtown snail mails acceptances, and emails rejections and waitlists. Supposedly they hold off on the emails until they assume most of the snail mail has gotten through USPS.
But it looks like some people found out about WLs in the past couple of days the same day their status checker went DR.
But a lot of people have been able to see if they got in (after they recieved a DR status date) by trying to get into the admitted students site.

Hopefully the UR 2/16- UR 2/18s bring good news!

xcountryjunkie
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby xcountryjunkie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:29 am

terpette wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
terpette wrote:
missvik218 wrote:UPDATED!! File UR changed from 1/29 to 2/18 .. does this mean anything?! I'm sorry I'm too excited to sift through all 240 pages.



ME TOO, VIK! we are having very very similar cycles so far in terms of review dates :) hopefully it means something good....?

Waaah, I hope Gtown lets us in!!! How do they notify?


I actually don't know...I'll try to look...anyone else have two UR dates?


I've had four...

GULC uses email from WL/ding, regular mail for acceptances.

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby missvik218 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:31 am

memaha wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
Waaah, I hope Gtown lets us in!!! How do they notify?

From what I've gathered, Gtown snail mails acceptances, and emails rejections and waitlists. Supposedly they hold off on the emails until they assume most of the snail mail has gotten through USPS.
But it looks like some people found out about WLs in the past couple of days the same day their status checker went DR.
But a lot of people have been able to see if they got in (after they recieved a DR status date) by trying to get into the admitted students site.

Hopefully the UR 2/16- UR 2/18s bring good news!

Ah ha! Thank you, good info!!

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Holly Golightly » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:41 am

My UR date updated to 2/16, and then yesterday I got my WL email. Status checker didn't change to DR until after I got the email.

democrattotheend
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby democrattotheend » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:42 am

Interminable_Waiting wrote:Under Review 2/17, updated from UR 2/5.

Weird. I checked this earlier in the day when other people posted, and it hadn't changed. Wonder what it means.


Same here, exact same dates. I hope it's not a bad sign.

I had what I thought were auto-admit numbers and I applied 11/24, but took the December LSAT. For some reason, it took a month from when I went complete to when I went under review. Now I am afraid I am going to get waitlisted because it's late in the cycle, even though I applied before the LSAT as they advised to avoid that. I also applied for the public interest scholarship, and I'm afraid I will not get in in time to be considered for that.

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SAE » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:46 am

Went UR 1/29 --> UR 2/18.

Anyone else?

jbrowning82
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jbrowning82 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:46 am

Holly Golightly wrote:My UR date updated to 2/16, and then yesterday I got my WL email. Status checker didn't change to DR until after I got the email.


So perhaps a sign that those people with updating UR dates should expect decisions soon?

xcountryjunkie
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby xcountryjunkie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:49 am

jbrowning82 wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:My UR date updated to 2/16, and then yesterday I got my WL email. Status checker didn't change to DR until after I got the email.


So perhaps a sign that those people with updating UR dates should expect decisions soon?


Not really. It's hit or miss. Some people update and quickly get decisions. Some update and then wait for months. There's no way to tell which batch you're in.

RSN_M3
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:51 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby RSN_M3 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:03 pm

xcountryjunkie wrote:
jbrowning82 wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:My UR date updated to 2/16, and then yesterday I got my WL email. Status checker didn't change to DR until after I got the email.


So perhaps a sign that those people with updating UR dates should expect decisions soon?


Not really. It's hit or miss. Some people update and quickly get decisions. Some update and then wait for months. There's no way to tell which batch you're in.

Fortunately for me a decision has to be made by 2/26, so my wait won't be that long. My In review went from 12/9 to 2/17. I'm expecting a (1) to show up in my Inbox any moment now.

xcountryjunkie
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby xcountryjunkie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:15 pm

RSN_M3 wrote:
xcountryjunkie wrote:
jbrowning82 wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:My UR date updated to 2/16, and then yesterday I got my WL email. Status checker didn't change to DR until after I got the email.


So perhaps a sign that those people with updating UR dates should expect decisions soon?


Not really. It's hit or miss. Some people update and quickly get decisions. Some update and then wait for months. There's no way to tell which batch you're in.

Fortunately for me a decision has to be made by 2/26, so my wait won't be that long. My In review went from 12/9 to 2/17. I'm expecting a (1) to show up in my Inbox any moment now.


I have the 2/26 deadline too. I guess you're more optimistic than I am. I expect to go DR 2/26.

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:16 pm

xcountryjunkie wrote:
I have the 2/26 deadline too. I guess you're more optimistic than I am. I expect to go DR 2/26.


Ha, +1. Or later, because of the snowpocalpyse.

jbrowning82
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jbrowning82 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Is the 2/26 deadline just for those deferred?

xcountryjunkie
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby xcountryjunkie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:18 pm

jbrowning82 wrote:Is the 2/26 deadline just for those deferred?


As far as I know, yes.

User avatar
mayosmith
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby mayosmith » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:41 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
xcountryjunkie wrote:
I have the 2/26 deadline too. I guess you're more optimistic than I am. I expect to go DR 2/26.


Ha, +1. Or later, because of the snowpocalpyse.

Did any fellow deferees send LOCIs? I didn't but am wondering if I should still try to get one in.

RSN_M3
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:51 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby RSN_M3 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:53 pm

mayosmith wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
xcountryjunkie wrote:
I have the 2/26 deadline too. I guess you're more optimistic than I am. I expect to go DR 2/26.


Ha, +1. Or later, because of the snowpocalpyse.

Did any fellow deferees send LOCIs? I didn't but am wondering if I should still try to get one in.

I sent an e-mail over the weekend and received a reply on Tuesday that my LOCI would be added to my file. Right in time for the In Review update.

democrattotheend
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby democrattotheend » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:59 pm

I have the 2/26 deadline too. I guess you're more optimistic than I am. I expect to go DR 2/26.


What's the significance of 2/26? Is that the deadline to be considered for the scholarships?

User avatar
michstudent10
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby michstudent10 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:02 pm

jbrowning82 wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:My UR date updated to 2/16, and then yesterday I got my WL email. Status checker didn't change to DR until after I got the email.


So perhaps a sign that those people with updating UR dates should expect decisions soon?


Last time my status updated I received the "hold" email the same day. I went under review again yesterday (2/17) but no word since... I was under the impression that Georgetown is one of the few schools whose UR date changes might actually mean something, but if they only send out acceptances by snail mail I guess no news is good news at this point :)

User avatar
michstudent10
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby michstudent10 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:04 pm

democrattotheend wrote:
I have the 2/26 deadline too. I guess you're more optimistic than I am. I expect to go DR 2/26.


What's the significance of 2/26? Is that the deadline to be considered for the scholarships?


Its the date that people who received the "hold" email were told they'd have decisions by.

terpette
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby terpette » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:11 pm

SAE wrote:Went UR 1/29 --> UR 2/18.

Anyone else?


yep, a lot of us :)

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ndirish2010 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:14 pm

michstudent10 wrote:
jbrowning82 wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:My UR date updated to 2/16, and then yesterday I got my WL email. Status checker didn't change to DR until after I got the email.


So perhaps a sign that those people with updating UR dates should expect decisions soon?


Last time my status updated I received the "hold" email the same day. I went under review again yesterday (2/17) but no word since... I was under the impression that Georgetown is one of the few schools whose UR date changes might actually mean something, but if they only send out acceptances by snail mail I guess no news is good news at this point :)


I've been UR 1/7 and 2/3 and they haven't meant much, I think sometimes they just don't switch the status right away when they make a decision...

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby adameus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:59 pm

Got the Preferred Waitlist email yesterday.

Not sure how the heck I got waitlisted here. 175/3.94. My cycle so far:
All Apps sent in Dec 31 or later.

In:
Harvard
NYU
Duke
UCLA

Waitlist:
Georgetown

Waiting for decision:
Michigan
Stanford

Do you think this is YP? I was under the impression that Georgetown gave some pretty generous scholarships and was interested to see if I could get something decent...

User avatar
thickfreakness
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby thickfreakness » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:02 pm

adameus wrote:Got the Preferred Waitlist email yesterday.

Not sure how the heck I got waitlisted here. 175/3.94. My cycle so far:
All Apps sent in Dec 31 or later.

In:
Harvard
NYU
Duke
UCLA

Waitlist:
Georgetown

Waiting for decision:
Michigan
Stanford

Do you think this is YP? I was under the impression that Georgetown gave some pretty generous scholarships and was interested to see if I could get something decent...


YP. Did you apply late? It seems that they YPed a lot of folks with high numbers who applied in late December/early January yesterday, myself included.

fngrscrossed
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby fngrscrossed » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:07 pm

UR 2/1 ---> UR 2/19...I'm ED FT/PT and should have heard by Tuesday had it not been for the snowpocalypse...any thoughts on why I'm UR for a future date?

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby adameus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:10 pm

thickfreakness wrote:[
YP. Did you apply late? It seems that they YPed a lot of folks with high numbers who applied in late December/early January yesterday, myself included.


Yeah I applied on Dec 30th or 31st. Probably wouldn't applied without a fee waiver. I can't believe I spent $12 on those bastards...

User avatar
jmhendri
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jmhendri » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:29 pm

fngrscrossed wrote:UR 2/1 ---> UR 2/19...I'm ED FT/PT and should have heard by Tuesday had it not been for the snowpocalypse...any thoughts on why I'm UR for a future date?


That happened to me the 5th time I went under review. (I switched to UR 2/4 on 2/3)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Zoe107 and 4 guests