Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby MissLucky » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:14 pm

memaha wrote: I called the admissions office early Jan about this. During the spring semester, they formally only allow already-admitted students to sit in on classes. Supposedly in the fall, you can sit in as a prospectus, but not during the spring. So if you are already in, I would just call the office and get a spot reserved.

If not and you really wanted to sit in, I would try what Jbrowning82 suggested and just skip going through the admissions office.

Also here is a link to the class schedules! Good luck! http://www.law.georgetown.edu/curriculu ... edules.cfm


Oh damnit...nah not admitted (yet!) I'm waitlisted...i'll try and work something out. Thanks so much!

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby MissLucky » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:18 pm

MissLucky wrote:
memaha wrote: I called the admissions office early Jan about this. During the spring semester, they formally only allow already-admitted students to sit in on classes. Supposedly in the fall, you can sit in as a prospectus, but not during the spring. So if you are already in, I would just call the office and get a spot reserved.

If not and you really wanted to sit in, I would try what Jbrowning82 suggested and just skip going through the admissions office.

Also here is a link to the class schedules! Good luck! http://www.law.georgetown.edu/curriculu ... edules.cfm


Oh damnit...nah not admitted (yet!) I'm waitlisted...i'll try and work something out. Thanks so much!


wait but then suppose I do get lucky and am able to sit in on a class (directly disobeying the adcomm's policy) and then talk about it in my waitlist LOCI would that sound shady and hurt me??? thanks again :D

User avatar
Reedie
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Reedie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:52 pm

Georgetown requested an interview just now. What a weird cycle this has been! Does this generally mean they consider me to be a marginal candidate?

memaha
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby memaha » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:57 pm

MissLucky wrote:
wait but then suppose I do get lucky and am able to sit in on a class (directly disobeying the adcomm's policy) and then talk about it in my waitlist LOCI would that sound shady and hurt me??? thanks again :D


Haha, well I suppose you could pretend like you went in the Fall and just double check to make sure that professor or course was also offered in the Fall...

Us lawyer-hopefuls always have to find those loopholes :D

User avatar
hiromoto45
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby hiromoto45 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:00 pm

I went UR right before the snow storm, do you think GT is like a week behind?

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Reedie wrote:Georgetown requested an interview just now.


+1

Numbers are at the 72% mark according to LSP and my LSAT's a few points above their 75th. Planning on just withdrawing, don't want to bother.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ndirish2010 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Reedie wrote:Georgetown requested an interview just now. What a weird cycle this has been! Does this generally mean they consider me to be a marginal candidate?


What was your UR date?

User avatar
Reedie
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Reedie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:10 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
Reedie wrote:Georgetown requested an interview just now. What a weird cycle this has been! Does this generally mean they consider me to be a marginal candidate?


What was your UR date?


1/12

User avatar
iamtaw
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:22 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby iamtaw » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:02 pm

my UR date just updated today... i believe i was 2/3 or 2/5 before this happened. hope this is something good. i could use some good news

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:05 pm

iamtaw wrote:my UR date just updated today... i believe i was 2/3 or 2/5 before this happened. hope this is something good. i could use some good news


Could be good. Mine still says 2/5 and I think my numbers are too low for this cycle.

User avatar
tallboone
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 12:27 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby tallboone » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:10 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Reedie wrote:Georgetown requested an interview just now.


+1

Numbers are at the 72% mark according to LSP and my LSAT's a few points above their 75th. Planning on just withdrawing, don't want to bother.


My acceptance letter specifically mentioned my interview, so I'm going to assume that it has some bearing on their decision. That being said, at this point, they may just be scheduling interviews to see who is still interested enough in the school to take one. Pretty smart on GULC's part I think from a yield perspective.

User avatar
jmaan
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:15 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jmaan » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:12 pm

status check: committee requested interview 2/16

got the email this morning

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby booboo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:18 pm

Status updated from (under review) 2/5 to today's date...

Is this common?

newyorklaw
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:34 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby newyorklaw » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:24 pm

Anyone else go DR on 2/12?

And would rejection/waitlist email come immediately, or do they make us suffer a week first?

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ndirish2010 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:39 pm

jmaan wrote:status check: committee requested interview 2/16

got the email this morning


You've come a long way from UR 1/7 haha. I'm still sitting here at UR 2/3, I wish they would just reject me instead of dragging it on when I know I'm not good enough for them. If you're worried about yield, Georgetown, just accept me, I'll come!

User avatar
sternc
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sternc » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Anyone have a clue how long it usually takes to go from "under review" to actually getting a decision? Mine went under review 2/12 and am just wondering when I should be expecting some news.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Kim617 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:45 pm

sternc wrote:Anyone have a clue how long it usually takes to go from "under review" to actually getting a decision? Mine went under review 2/12 and am just wondering when I should be expecting some news.

It varies. I waited less than a week, some people have waited much longer. I guess it just depends.

User avatar
jerichogringo
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jerichogringo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:46 pm

My UR 2/5 changed to UR 2/16 today! Please let me in!!!

lawapps0502
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby lawapps0502 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:53 pm

does anyone know how many people get placed on the priority wait list vs. reg. waitlist? etc.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ndirish2010 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:57 pm

sternc wrote:Anyone have a clue how long it usually takes to go from "under review" to actually getting a decision? Mine went under review 2/12 and am just wondering when I should be expecting some news.


I've been UR since 1/7...but I'm on the borderline between auto-reject and kind of a weak consider, so that may be a good thing in my case.

User avatar
mb88
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:15 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby mb88 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:12 pm

DECISION RENDERED 2/16! :shock:

Is there any trick to see what it is before snailmail gets to me, like the Michigan admitted students thing?

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Kim617 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:17 pm

mb88 wrote:DECISION RENDERED 2/16! :shock:

Is there any trick to see what it is before snailmail gets to me, like the Michigan admitted students thing?

Hm, maybe you can try going to the admitted students website and clicking the first time user thing. Then you put in your email and they send your username and password. I'm assuming if it's a reject/waitlist it won't recognize the email? But that's not really foolproof I don't think, because who knows when they update the site? I didn't log in until I got my acceptance.

User avatar
mb88
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:15 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby mb88 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:21 pm

Kim617 wrote:
mb88 wrote:DECISION RENDERED 2/16! :shock:

Is there any trick to see what it is before snailmail gets to me, like the Michigan admitted students thing?

Hm, maybe you can try going to the admitted students website and clicking the first time user thing. Then you put in your email and they send your username and password. I'm assuming if it's a reject/waitlist it won't recognize the email? But that's not really foolproof I don't think, because who knows when they update the site? I didn't log in until I got my acceptance.


Just tried it, and it worked! I'm logged into the admitted students website.

Guess that means I'm in! :D

User avatar
A Swift
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby A Swift » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:25 pm

mb88 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
mb88 wrote:DECISION RENDERED 2/16! :shock:

Is there any trick to see what it is before snailmail gets to me, like the Michigan admitted students thing?

Hm, maybe you can try going to the admitted students website and clicking the first time user thing. Then you put in your email and they send your username and password. I'm assuming if it's a reject/waitlist it won't recognize the email? But that's not really foolproof I don't think, because who knows when they update the site? I didn't log in until I got my acceptance.


Just tried it, and it worked! I'm logged into the admitted students website.

Guess that means I'm in! :D


I'M DR 2/12 and can't log-in. Is this 100% accurate?

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:33 pm

Any consensus on if the 2/16 update for UR means anything? Anyone else who got it willing to share their numbers? (PM is fine, I'll show you mine if you show me yours!)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”