Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
daagermy1
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby daagermy1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:07 pm

"Select group" priority WL. 166/3.67 with legal WE. PT only.

Agreed it looks like they're trying to "beef up" the PT stats (GW seems like it's trying even harder).

Any word on Georgetown's WL acceptance rate? Worth sending in LOCI when on the "select" wait list?

User avatar
>insert witty name<
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:32 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby >insert witty name< » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:51 pm

daagermy1 wrote:"Select group" priority WL. 166/3.67 with legal WE. PT only.

Agreed it looks like they're trying to "beef up" the PT stats (GW seems like it's trying even harder).

Any word on Georgetown's WL acceptance rate? Worth sending in LOCI when on the "select" wait list?



Yikes, you're numbers are identical to mine, I'm still waiting... Did you have an interview?

User avatar
daagermy1
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby daagermy1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:57 pm

>insert witty name< wrote:
daagermy1 wrote:"Select group" priority WL. 166/3.67 with legal WE. PT only.

Agreed it looks like they're trying to "beef up" the PT stats (GW seems like it's trying even harder).

Any word on Georgetown's WL acceptance rate? Worth sending in LOCI when on the "select" wait list?



Yikes, you're numbers are identical to mine, I'm still waiting... Did you have an interview?


Yep, interviewed in mid-January. Got email 2/4.

User avatar
>insert witty name<
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:32 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby >insert witty name< » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:07 pm

daagermy1 wrote:
>insert witty name< wrote:
daagermy1 wrote:"Select group" priority WL. 166/3.67 with legal WE. PT only.

Agreed it looks like they're trying to "beef up" the PT stats (GW seems like it's trying even harder).

Any word on Georgetown's WL acceptance rate? Worth sending in LOCI when on the "select" wait list?



Yikes, you're numbers are identical to mine, I'm still waiting... Did you have an interview?


Yep, interviewed in mid-January. Got email 2/4.



welp, doesn't bode well for me, thanks for the info though

User avatar
LvingLegend
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby LvingLegend » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:09 pm

I had a request for an interview on 1/28 but still have not received anything from the alumni. Should I contact Georgetown or is this normal wait?

User avatar
>insert witty name<
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:32 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby >insert witty name< » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:16 pm

LvingLegend wrote:I had a request for an interview on 1/28 but still have not received anything from the alumni. Should I contact Georgetown or is this normal wait?


i'm in the exact same boat, 1/28 request, then nothing.. I've heard that it just depends on the specific alumnus, some are quicker about getting around to it than others

xcountryjunkie
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby xcountryjunkie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:16 pm

>insert witty name< wrote:
LvingLegend wrote:I had a request for an interview on 1/28 but still have not received anything from the alumni. Should I contact Georgetown or is this normal wait?


i'm in the exact same boat, 1/28 request, then nothing.. I've heard that it just depends on the specific alumnus, some are quicker about getting around to it than others


I waited two weeks before I heard anything from the alumn.

User avatar
SweetrollStealer
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:48 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby SweetrollStealer » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:52 pm

I've been UR since early January. The date just changed for the third time to today...why can't I just have a decision already???

shanejamin
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:33 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby shanejamin » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:58 pm

I've been under review since 12/10 with no request for an interview or anything. I think they're preparing a 100-page dissertation with graphs and charts on how cool I am.

User avatar
jmhendri
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jmhendri » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:59 pm

At least we know they're back to work today

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ndirish2010 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:01 pm

shanejamin wrote:I've been under review since 12/10 with no request for an interview or anything. I think they're preparing a 100-page dissertation with graphs and charts on how cool I am.


Haha, 1/7 here although date changed to 2/3. What are your numbers?

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:03 pm

app sent in on 1/08 and just changed to 2/12 Under review

shanejamin
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:33 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby shanejamin » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:05 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
shanejamin wrote:I've been under review since 12/10 with no request for an interview or anything. I think they're preparing a 100-page dissertation with graphs and charts on how cool I am.


Haha, 1/7 here although date changed to 2/3. What are your numbers?


169/3.67. I'm certainly a marginal case, but man. Two full months now. This was the first application I sent in, way back in November. Maybe they're yield protecting me...*stifles suicidal laughter*

You hear that, Georgetown? First application! That's how badly I want in!

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ndirish2010 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:08 pm

shanejamin wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
shanejamin wrote:I've been under review since 12/10 with no request for an interview or anything. I think they're preparing a 100-page dissertation with graphs and charts on how cool I am.


Haha, 1/7 here although date changed to 2/3. What are your numbers?


169/3.67. I'm certainly a marginal case, but man. Two full months now. This was the first application I sent in, way back in November. Maybe they're yield protecting me...*stifles suicidal laughter*

You hear that, Georgetown? First application! That's how badly I want in!


3.66/168 here, similar situation although you should be getting in over me definitely. Good luck!

Green66
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:51 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Green66 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:13 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
shanejamin wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
shanejamin wrote:I've been under review since 12/10 with no request for an interview or anything. I think they're preparing a 100-page dissertation with graphs and charts on how cool I am.


Haha, 1/7 here although date changed to 2/3. What are your numbers?


169/3.67. I'm certainly a marginal case, but man. Two full months now. This was the first application I sent in, way back in November. Maybe they're yield protecting me...*stifles suicidal laughter*

You hear that, Georgetown? First application! That's how badly I want in!


3.66/168 here, similar situation although you should be getting in over me definitely. Good luck!



hah same boat... sent in end of Nov. FINALLY went UR 1/29... this is ridiculous!

xcountryjunkie
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby xcountryjunkie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:14 pm

shanejamin wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
shanejamin wrote:I've been under review since 12/10 with no request for an interview or anything. I think they're preparing a 100-page dissertation with graphs and charts on how cool I am.


Haha, 1/7 here although date changed to 2/3. What are your numbers?


169/3.67. I'm certainly a marginal case, but man. Two full months now. This was the first application I sent in, way back in November. Maybe they're yield protecting me...*stifles suicidal laughter*

You hear that, Georgetown? First application! That's how badly I want in!


Pretty much same stats as you. First UR was back in Nov, currently on 4th UR and there is no end in sight. Personally I just think the delay is just cuz they're debating full-scholy vs half-scholy.

User avatar
jmhendri
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jmhendri » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:18 pm

I have to say, it's shocked I'm still in the running. I went complete back in October and have been UR several times since then. 162/3.12(3.83)

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:18 pm

jmhendri wrote:I have to say, it's shocked I'm still in the running. I went complete back in October and have been UR several times since then. 162/3.12(3.83)



holy cow @ the lsac gpa... what's with the discrepancy?

User avatar
jmhendri
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jmhendri » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:26 pm

sibley wrote:
jmhendri wrote:I have to say, it's shocked I'm still in the running. I went complete back in October and have been UR several times since then. 162/3.12(3.83)



holy cow @ the lsac gpa... what's with the discrepancy?


3.83 (magna cum laude) is my university GPA. I transferred in and got weighed down by several years of floating through JC.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:29 pm

jmhendri wrote:
sibley wrote:
jmhendri wrote:I have to say, it's shocked I'm still in the running. I went complete back in October and have been UR several times since then. 162/3.12(3.83)



holy cow @ the lsac gpa... what's with the discrepancy?


3.83 (magna cum laude) is my university GPA. I transferred in and got weighed down by several years of floating through JC.


So the 3.12 is the lsac gpa and the 3.83 is the school gpa... which didn't count your transfer credits towards their gpa, right?

User avatar
jmhendri
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jmhendri » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:30 pm

sibley wrote:
jmhendri wrote:
sibley wrote:
jmhendri wrote:I have to say, it's shocked I'm still in the running. I went complete back in October and have been UR several times since then. 162/3.12(3.83)



holy cow @ the lsac gpa... what's with the discrepancy?


3.83 (magna cum laude) is my university GPA. I transferred in and got weighed down by several years of floating through JC.


So the 3.12 is the lsac gpa and the 3.83 is the school gpa... which didn't count your transfer credits towards their gpa, right?


precisely

caneman13
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby caneman13 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:11 pm

just went under review. Anyone know about how long till a decision will be made. My experience with other schools that use "under review" in the status checker has been to hear back about 1-2 weeks later. Of course these schools weren't at the level of Georgetown, so just curious.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:12 pm

caneman13 wrote:just went under review. Anyone know about how long till a decision will be made. My experience with other schools that use "under review" in the status checker has been to hear back about 1-2 weeks later. Of course these schools weren't at the level of Georgetown, so just curious.



Mine's been under review for a week so far... since 2/5

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ndirish2010 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:13 pm

Several people on this thread have been UR for a month or more, so I wouldn't expect that quick of a turnaround. Myself, I've been UR since 1/7

mrm2083
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby mrm2083 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:11 pm

UR 2/12




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests