Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2951
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ndirish2010 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:17 am

junelsat wrote:I've been Under Review since 1/7/10, is this abnormally long? It seems strange. Thanks.


I was until yesterday, and I believe there are still some people who are...we don't really know what the UR dates mean.

rccohla
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:05 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby rccohla » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:22 am

doinmybest wrote:I can't decide whether the 2/3 batch is an acceptance batch or a priority waitlist batch. Hoping for acceptance.


What are your stats, if you don't mind my asking? I'm DR 2/3 as well.

mstich
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:51 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby mstich » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:46 pm

DR 2/3

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

.

Postby 02122015 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:27 pm

.
Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GlassCaseofEmotion
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:48 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby GlassCaseofEmotion » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:50 pm

Sorry if this question has been answered somewhere within the previous 227 pages but I was just wondering if waitlisted students can access the admitted student site?

Thanks and good luck everyone!

doopwooper
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby doopwooper » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:07 pm

GlassCaseofEmotion wrote:Sorry if this question has been answered somewhere within the previous 227 pages but I was just wondering if waitlisted students can access the admitted student site?

Thanks and good luck everyone!

No I don't believe so.

Slyjoker87
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 3:44 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Slyjoker87 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:15 pm

UR updated to 2/4.

Have been UR for quite a while. Applied mid November
???

User avatar
Jay W. Weatherman
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Jay W. Weatherman » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:16 pm

-
Last edited by Jay W. Weatherman on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

runn3rs
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby runn3rs » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:23 pm

Does anyone know if ED candidates usually get interviews? My notification deadline is coming up soon and I haven't had one yet. I'm also not sure if the three week decision deadline refers to when they will render a decision or when I will be notified what that decision is.

zenithtonadir
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:16 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby zenithtonadir » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:26 pm

Jay W. Weatherman wrote:Any word for the 2/2 group? The fact that 2/1 was an acceptance batch is worrisome.

+1

I'm getting really anxious too as a DR 2/2 person. Question: how many DR 2/2 people interviewed? (I did, on 1/15.)

User avatar
holybartender
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby holybartender » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:28 pm

I did, it seems the majority of 2/2 people did as well.

zenithtonadir
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:16 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby zenithtonadir » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:50 pm

Then I'm going to continue on with my admittance fantasy (that 2/2 is a batch of accepted interview candidates) until I'm proven wrong (please don't prove me wrong Gtown, please).

*Edited for clarity.

kn7042
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby kn7042 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:06 pm

I'm in the DR 2/2 batch, but I didn't interview. I applied PT/FT and already have a job in the DC area though, so I'm thinking there's some chance I got into the PT program. Well, I'm hoping.

zenithtonadir
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:16 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby zenithtonadir » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:15 pm

Damn, there goes that theory. I just want to know already!

Although, I guess every minute we 2/2 people don't get a rejection/WL e-mail is a good one, right? I'd be so excited if I got on the "priority" priority WL at this point.

Headybrah
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby Headybrah » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:19 pm

kn7042

stats?

ewc227
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:38 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ewc227 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:31 pm

Jay W. Weatherman wrote:
Any word for the 2/2 group? The fact that 2/1 was an acceptance batch is worrisome.

+1

I'm getting really anxious too as a DR 2/2 person. Question: how many DR 2/2 people interviewed? (I did, on 1/15.)


im also in the DR 2/2 batch. applied back in November but gtown held my application until my december lsats came out. had a group interview in october. 3.89/ 167, hopefully we'll all hear some good news.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:39 pm

ewc227 wrote:
Jay W. Weatherman wrote:
Any word for the 2/2 group? The fact that 2/1 was an acceptance batch is worrisome.

+1

I'm getting really anxious too as a DR 2/2 person. Question: how many DR 2/2 people interviewed? (I did, on 1/15.)


im also in the DR 2/2 batch. applied back in November but gtown held my application until my december lsats came out. had a group interview in october. 3.89/ 167, hopefully we'll all hear some good news.


group interview? that sounds like hell. how the heck are you supposed to stand out without being rude?

ewc227
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:38 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby ewc227 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:50 pm

Quote:
Jay W. Weatherman wrote:
Any word for the 2/2 group? The fact that 2/1 was an acceptance batch is worrisome.

+1

I'm getting really anxious too as a DR 2/2 person. Question: how many DR 2/2 people interviewed? (I did, on 1/15.)


im also in the DR 2/2 batch. applied back in November but gtown held my application until my december lsats came out. had a group interview in october. 3.89/ 167, hopefully we'll all hear some good news.


group interview? that sounds like hell. how the heck are you supposed to stand out without being rude?


lol i had a group interview @ my school (NYU). i thought i stood out simply because me and this other guy basically lead the group discussion, whereas the other individuals kind of took a back seat. i kno my stats arent stellar compared to other gtown applicants, so i actually thought the group interview was one thing that was going to push me over. but trust me lol it was hell, cuz i know i have a natural tendency to lead so i made sure not to come off as overly assertive lol.

User avatar
exdubliner
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:48 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby exdubliner » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:09 pm

UR 1/12 changed to UR 2/4

numbers in 75th

democrattotheend
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby democrattotheend » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:20 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:I'm still at Application Completed 1/08...how long does it take to go Under Review?


same here. I've been complete since January 5. I called last Friday and the woman agreed that it was a long time, but did not seem to know why, except that she said that they have a backlog of people who took the December LSAT. But I don't understand why I'm not even under review yet. I told her that I applied to public interest scholars program, and she said she would make a note of it in hopes of expediting my application, but that was almost a week ago and I'm still listed as complete. I am worried that I will be disqualified from consideration for the public interest scholars program because they're dragging their feet with my application.

I've already been accepted at UVA and NYU, so I know that I probably shouldn't care what happens with Georgetown, but I haven't ruled Georgetown out entirely because I live in DC and really don't want to leave. But I am frustrated that it's taken them so long to process my application.

jsbr1114
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby jsbr1114 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:26 pm

democrattotheend wrote:
hiromoto45 wrote:I'm still at Application Completed 1/08...how long does it take to go Under Review?


same here. I've been complete since January 5. I called last Friday and the woman agreed that it was a long time, but did not seem to know why, except that she said that they have a backlog of people who took the December LSAT. But I don't understand why I'm not even under review yet. I told her that I applied to public interest scholars program, and she said she would make a note of it in hopes of expediting my application, but that was almost a week ago and I'm still listed as complete. I am worried that I will be disqualified from consideration for the public interest scholars program because they're dragging their feet with my application.

I've already been accepted at UVA and NYU, so I know that I probably shouldn't care what happens with Georgetown, but I haven't ruled Georgetown out entirely because I live in DC and really don't want to leave. But I am frustrated that it's taken them so long to process my application.


I feel your pain. I went complete 1/6, and I'm still not under review. I did take the Dec. LSAT but I also applied the first week of December...

browniebear
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:30 am

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby browniebear » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:27 pm

I interviewed with an alum and was wondering how long after the interview should I expect a decision? Thanks!

User avatar
hiromoto45
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby hiromoto45 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:29 pm

democrattotheend wrote:
hiromoto45 wrote:I'm still at Application Completed 1/08...how long does it take to go Under Review?


same here. I've been complete since January 5. I called last Friday and the woman agreed that it was a long time, but did not seem to know why, except that she said that they have a backlog of people who took the December LSAT. But I don't understand why I'm not even under review yet. I told her that I applied to public interest scholars program, and she said she would make a note of it in hopes of expediting my application, but that was almost a week ago and I'm still listed as complete. I am worried that I will be disqualified from consideration for the public interest scholars program because they're dragging their feet with my application.

I've already been accepted at UVA and NYU, so I know that I probably shouldn't care what happens with Georgetown, but I haven't ruled Georgetown out entirely because I live in DC and really don't want to leave. But I am frustrated that it's taken them so long to process my application.


What did you say when you called?

doopwooper
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby doopwooper » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:56 pm

waitlisted (preferred)

ugh

xcountryjunkie
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: Georgetown 2013/ (2014)

Postby xcountryjunkie » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:57 pm

browniebear wrote:I interviewed with an alum and was wondering how long after the interview should I expect a decision? Thanks!


I'll let you know when I know, lol. Interviewed 12/29. Still UR.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: finaciardi, Google Adsense [Bot], oliviaj_j and 11 guests